What happens at the TOP Media building

L. Jae

1:25am

“You worked hard today! Good job girls!” Muzik Scale’s choreographer clapped for the hardworking members after roughly 7 hours of practice. The girls sat down against the mirror, drinking water.

“I can’t wait to get home and knock out.” Ae Cha finished her water bottle first. “I can’t leave without you girls, though.” Ae Cha looked like she was going to pass out as she spoke. “Alright I’m ready to go.” Sun helped Ae Cha up. “What about the maknaes?” “We’ll leave now with you. I need to go home and rest as well.” Nini and Jae walked to their van with their unnies.

Jae felt her pockets for her phone and looked through her bag. “Omo! I forgot my phone! I’ll be back.” Jae ran back into the building and to their practice room. As she left the room she bumped into someone.

“Mianhae, Jae.” L. Joe smiled at Jae shyly and Jae froze. What do I do? What should I say? Should I just bow and go? Should I smile back? Jae looked at L. Joe for a minute. L. Joe scratched the back of his head. “I’ll just, uh, go now…I guess…” L. Joe started to walk away and Jae finally spoke up.

“Sunbaenim.” L. Joe turned around. “Yes?” “You should go home and rest. It’s late.” L. Joe smiled a bit at Jae’s concern. He seemed to be nervous about something. “You too.”

L. Joe started to walk away but got an idea. “Do you want to come and watch me practice instead?” Jae smiled at his offer. “I’d like that.” L. Joe shyly walked with Jae to Teen Top’s practice room.

Only Chunji and Changjo were in the room. Jae bowed when she saw her sunbaes. “Where is everyone else?” “They left a little earlier. We decided to practice a little more before leaving.” Chunji looked at L. Joe then at Jae, then back at L. Joe and smiled.

The boys practiced a few times as Jae realized she left her group in the front of the building. “Omo! I really need to go! Bye guys! Thank you for inviting me, sunbaenim!” Jae bowed and left the room.

In Muzik Scale’s car

“Mianhae everyone! I didn’t mean to keep you waiting so long!” Jae noticed all the members were sleeping. “At least they’re sleeping.” Suddenly Ae Cha woke up and saw Jae had returned.

“What took so long?” Ae Cha mumbled. “I was watching our sunbaes practice.” Jae said with a shy smile on her face. “Of course you were with L. Joe. Why aren’t you guys dating yet?”

Jae’s eyes snapped at Ae Cha. “We’ve barely talked and I don’t even know if he likes me.” Ae Cha finally sat up.  “Jae, I tell this to you as your unnie. Just because you’re the girl doesn’t mean you can’t ask him out.”

Jae tightened her grip on her phone. “Maybe I could text him…” “Do you want me to do it for you?” Ae Cha started to take Jae’s phone but Jae moved her hand. “I’m not ready yet, unnie.” Jae felt herself blush. “Ready or not, we’re having a day off soon. It’s now or never.”

Ae Cha suddenly got an idea. “You know what? Take your time, Jae.” Ae Cha turned from Jae as she planned out her perfect idea.

In the practice room

Chunji looked at L. Joe. “Have you made your move yet?” L. Joe’s eyes widened. “How did you know I like her?” “Aish, that means no.” Changjo shook his head. “Hyung, you need to be close to her. We already know you like her. You need to make your move first. You’re the guy!” L. Joe ran his hand through his hair. “But what if-” “What if nothing, Byunghun! You need to make your move! We’ll help.”

Chunji pushed L. Joe against a wall. “You need to have confidence and be close to her.” He put his hands on either side of L. Joe. “You can whisper in her ear.” “Ani, Chanhee” L. Joe pushed Chunji away. “I can’t be like that. I barely know her.” “That makes it fun!” Chunji winked.

“No, hyung, you need to take her hand, look into her eyes, and tell her how you feel.” Changjo said. L. Joe thought about it for a second. “I can’t do that we’ll both shy away.” “Don’t make this harder on yourself, Byunghun. You guys need a day together. Just to get closer.” Chunji sat against the mirror, pouting.

“Maybe I can ask her to hang out for a day. TOP Media artists are having a day off soon. Maybe I can spend it with her.” “That’s a great idea! Wish I would’ve thought of that!” L. Joe hit Changjo for his silly sarcasm. “Okay let’s go over this once more.”

The next day, TOP Media building

“Are you sure about this?” Nini bit her lip. “So sure! Now, let’s go over the plan. Minsoo oppa is going to walk in and ask to see me. Nini, you’re going to go to the water fountain. Sun, you’re going to the bathroom. I don’t know what the boys have planned but they’ll lead L. Joe in here with Jae. They’ll definitely talk about something good I’m sure of it!” Jae walked in as Ae Cha talked about her master plan. “Alright! Since Jae’s back, we can start practicing!” Ae Cha slowly walked to the stereo.

“Wait, unnie! I need water!” Nini awkwardly walked out of the room. “I really need to use the bathroom. I’ll be back!” Sun ran out of the room. Suddenly, C.A.P walked in. “Ae Cha, I need to speak with you for a moment.” “Sure!” Ae Cha walked out as Jae’s face looked confused. “Is this candid camera?” She sat against the wall, looking at herself in the mirror.

She saw L. Joe being pushed into the room. Their eyes met instantly. “Hi.” L. Joe said as he slowly and awkwardly walked towards Jae. “Hi.” Jae blushed and looked back at herself in the mirror. L. Joe took a seat a little far from her. “So, um…” L. Joe’s hands were shaking. He’s never been this nervous.

“How’s your day?”

“Good. Yours?” Jae avoided eye contact.

“Good.” L. Joe sat a little closer. “Did you know we’re having a day off tomorrow?” Jae smiled slightly.

“Yeah. Are you doing anything?” Jae said quietly.

L. Joe’s eyes widened. Now’s my chance. “Actually, I really, um…” L. Joe closed his eyes tight. “I was wondering if…you wanted to go get some coffee with me?”

Jae looked at L. Joe. Her expression made L. Joe blush and attempt to smile.

“If you don’t want to, we don’t have to.” L. Joe tried his best to not blush and look away. Jae smiled and tried not to cry.

“Why not?” L. Joe’s face lit up.

“3PM is okay?” Jae smiled and nodded.

Suddenly the nosy Muzik Scale and Teen Top members who were up against the door finally paraded in. “IT’S ABOUT TIME!” Ae Cha cheered. L. Joe laughed and Jae buried her face in her hands. “Let’s just please go back and practice.” L. Joe said a little annoyed but still entertained. The Teen Top members loudly followed him out of the room. “You’re welcome.” Ae Cha said as she helped Jae stand up and the girls continued their practice.