Special Anniversary

L. Jae

Minki and Haneul met in front of their parents’ bedroom, knowing they had to do something special for them. They’ve heard them talking about their anniversary a lot lately, and even though they weren’t sure exactly what that was, they knew it had to be special since they kept bringing it up.

Minki reached for the doorknob and opened the door. He took his little sister’s hand and ran into the room together to jump on their parents’ bed.

“Wake up umma! Wake up appa!” Minki shook his umma and appa to wake them up. Jae opened her eyes first and smiled gently.

“Happy anniverserary~” Haneul said cutely. Jae giggled and kissed her daughter’s forehead.

“Thank you, baby girl.” Minki looked at his appa and pouted.

“How come appa isn’t waking up?” Right after that, Byunghun got up to attack his babies with tickles and little kisses.

“Appa~ stop~” Haneul said between her giggles. Jae laughed and joined her husband in tickling and kissing their babies. After a minute, Jae and Byunghun finally stopped and cuddled next to their babies.

“Umma what’s an anniverserary?” Minki asked. Jae smiled and kissed his cheek.

“An anniversary is a yearly celebration of something special. And today is the anniversary of the day your appa and I got married.” Minki smiled brightly.

“You heard that Hani? We have to celebrate the day our umma and appa got mawied!” Haneul giggled and cutely kicked her feet in excitement. Minki and Haneul jumped out of bed and ran into Minki’s room to look for something. Byunghun smiled and wrapped his arm around his wife to pull her closer.

“Happy anniversary, mi amor.” He kissed the side of her head. Jae smiled and kissed Byunghun sweetly.

“Happy anniversary, Bunny.” Byunghun rubbed their noses together, which made Jae giggle. Byunghun laughed cutely and rested his forehead on Jae’s.

“I will never forget the happiness I felt on this day when I saw you walk down that aisle.” Jae cupped Byunghun’s face with her hands and kissed his nose.

“I will never forget how happy I was when I saw you waiting for me at the end of the aisle.” Byunghun smiled sweetly and looked into Jae’s eyes lovingly.

“I can’t get over how beautiful you are, mi amor. How did I get so lucky to have someone as perfect as you to become my wife?” Jae blushed as she intertwined their fingers together and kissed his hand.

“Bunny~ you make me blush too easily~” Byunghun laughed and picked Jae up bridal style.

“Come on Mrs. Lee we can go cuddle on the couch together.” Jae giggled and wrapped her arms around Byunghun’s neck. Minki and Haneul excitedly followed their parents into the living room giggling with a DVD in their hands.

“Umma! Appa! What’s this?” Byunghun put Jae on her feet to take the DVD. He smiled and showed Jae.

“It’s our wedding video, baby.” Jae said as she opened the case. “Do you want to watch it with us, my precious little puppies?” Minki and Haneul looked at each other and smiled brightly.

“Let’s watch it! Let’s watch it!” They sad as they jumped to their seats on the floor across the television. Byunghun popped the DVD into the TV and took a seat next to his wife. He kissed her nose before pressing play. Minki giggled and kissed his little sister’s nose just as his appa did. Haneul laughed and poked her oppa’s nose, making them both giggle hysterically.

As they watched their parents’ wedding video, the Puppy children’s eyes widened with wonder. They loved how magical the day looked and how happy their parents looked on their wedding day. Haneul cutely walked over to her umma and put her arms up so she can sit on her lap.

“Umma you looked like a pwincess.” Haneul rested her head on Jae’s chest and Jae kissed the top of her head.

“Thank you, darling.” Jae played with Haneul’s little fingers as they continued the video. Next was the first dance, and Minki got really excited. He quickly walked over to his appa to sit on his lap and held his sister’s hand. When the song started to play, the babies started singing along with the song to the best of their ability. Byunghun paused the video to better hear his babies sing. They looked at their parents as they tried to sing a song that meant so much to L. Jae. Jae put her hand over her heart and bit her bottom lip to suppress her tears. Byunghun smiled and kissed Jae’s cheek.

When the Puppy children finished the song, L. Jae clapped loudly for them and missed both their foreheads.

“You sing like little angels.” Jae said as she ran her fingers through her baby girl’s soft, black hair. Haneul giggled and jumped cutely.

“We learned it just for you guys.” Minki nodded.

“I read the words that I knew to my sister from a paper I found in the family album.” L. Jae were confused for a little bit.

“What paper, Ki?” Minki went into his room and got the original paper that had the lyrics on it. Jae gasped and let a tear roll down her cheek as she read the paper. The moment of first hearing the song replayed in her mind and she rested her head on Byunghun’s shoulder. Byunghun ruffled Minki’s hair.

“Good job reading, Ki. Are you teaching your sister as well?” Minki nodded and pointed at some of the words he taught Haneul and Haneul slowly read them. L. Jae clapped for her and Minki kissed her cheek.

“Good job Hani!” Haneul smiled brightly and shyly hid her face in her umma’s lap. The Puppy Family spent the whole day together happily, enjoying the wonderful day. Jae put both her babies to bed because Byunghun told her that he had one more surprise for her. When she went back into the living room, Byunghun had Love U lowly playing on the speaker and he was waiting with a shy smile. He held his hand out to her and Jae blushed as she took it. They began to dance to it together, reliving their first dance.

“This song can’t even begin to tell you how much I love you.” Byunghun said as he looked into Jae’s eyes lovingly. Jae kissed him sweetly.

“I love you so much Prince Bunny.” Jae said as she rested her head on his chest and swayed back and forth in his arms. Byunghun kissed the top of her head and hummed along to the song, singing it with all his heart to let his wife know how much she meant to him.

“I love you too, mi amor.” He gently squeezed her hand. “Happy anniversary.”

Jae looked up at him to look deep into his eyes with all the love she possibly could.

“Happy anniversary.” They shared a passionate kiss before returning to their dance and remembering the first time they danced together as husband and wife.