Stuck at the dorm

L. Jae

L. Joe and Jae spun around to look at Ae Cha’s phone.

“How do they know already? We were being so careful!” Jae took Ae Cha’s phone to look at the article.

“But I didn’t see any paparazzi anywhere…they must’ve been hiding well.” L. Joe looked worried.

“Omo, the Angels won’t be happy with me.” Jae said, giving Ae Cha’s phone back.

“You guys really have to be careful. But, you know, I’ll leave you guys alone to let you finish what you had going on.” Ae Cha winked and went back to the dorm. L. Joe looked at Jae, whose face was covered in tears. He put his hand on her shoulder, but she removed it.

“You should probably go home now. It’ll be difficult leaving the building without paparazzi asking why you were here, so be careful, sunbae.” Jae started to walk away, but L. Joe got a hold of her wrist. He pulled her back into a hug.  

“I won’t leave you even if the paparazzi sees us.” L. Joe said. He could hear Jae break down in his arms.

“Do you mind if I come into the dorm? To see if the paparazzi are still in the front?” Jae nodded and took L. Joe to the dorm, making sure no one was hiding and watching them. L. Joe looked outside the window and saw at least 10 paparazzi there with their cameras waiting patiently.

“Oh no, there are too many of them, I won’t be able to go alone. Maybe I should call my manager to come upstairs first.” L. Joe looked back at Jae, just to see that she was still upset. “Don’t worry, Jae. We’ll get over this.” Suddenly, L. Joe heard his phone ring. It was C.A.P. “I’ll be back, Jae.” L. Joe picked up the phone and left the room. After he left, the girls walked in slowly.

“Jae, we’re sorry this happened.” Sun sat next to Jae. “We’ll protect you from the sasaengs, unnie!” Nini said brightly. “Nini’s right. We’re a team and we won’t let the sasaengs get to any of us. In the end, you’ll be able to be with Byunghun sunbae.” Ae Cha said. Suddenly, L. Joe walked back into the room.

“Minsoo hyung just wanted to see if I was on my way back.” L. Joe locked eyes with Jae and tried to help her feel better by smiling. Jae smiled back and Ae Cha got so excited. “Let’s play Truth or Dare while we wait!” Everyone looked at Ae Cha in confusion. “I’ll go first!” Nini exclaimed. “Truth!” “Okay, you act drunk when you’re extremely tired!” Ae Cha said, causing Sun and Nini to laugh.

The three of them seemed to be the only ones excited. When it got to Jae, she was reluctant to play, but did so anyway. “Dare.” Ae Cha’s creepy smile came after that one four letter word left Jae’s mouth. Jae realized what she just said and tried to change it but Ae Cha’s dare cut her off.

“I dare you to kiss Byunghun sunbae.” L. Joe and Jae blushed and Sun and Nini cheered “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” L. Joe looked at Jae and was actually going to kiss her but there was a knock at the door. “I’ll go get that!” Jae scurried to the door.

“Darn it. Perfect opportunity lost!” Nini said in disappointment. Teen Top’s manager walked into the dorm. “Byunghun, the car just broke down and pretty badly too.” Everyone looked at L. Joe who looked pretty worried. “Maybe our manager can take you guys back.” Sun said. “No, our manager went to Inchon for the day for a family member’s wedding.” Ae Cha said. “Looks like you guys are stuck here until it’s fixed.” “I’ll start cooking dinner, then.” Sun went to the kitchen with Nini and Jae to cook dinner and Ae Cha made sure L. Joe and Teen Top’s manager were comfortable.

After dinner and chatting in the living room, L. Joe checked outside and Teen Top’s manager called to see if the mechanic was even close. “Thank God, they’re all gone.” L. Joe sighed in relief. “But the mechanic still isn’t here! It’s been 4 hours already!” The manager sighed at the sight of the broken down car. “Hyung, maybe you should take a nap until the mechanic shows up.” Nini had an idea after L. Joe mentioned sleep.

“Manager-oppa, why don’t you sleep in Jae’s bed?” Jae looked at Nini, confused. “Unnie, you can sleep here, with Byunghun oppa.” Ae Cha smiled at Nini’s idea while Jae blushed. “That’s a great idea! Manager oppa, we want you to be as comfortable as possible and Jae has the best bed in the dorm!” Ae Cha helped Teen Top’s manager to Jae and Nini’s room as Sun and Nini set up a comfortable air mattress the two can sleep on. “Why are we doing this, Nini? I can barely even look at him and you want me to share a bed with him?” Jae whispered to Nini. “You’ll be fine. You’ve always wanted this, have fun!” Nini winked as she and Sun disappeared into their rooms, leaving L. Joe and Jae in the living room. L. Joe sighed and looked at the air mattress.

“I guess this is our only option. It’ll only be a little while.” L. Joe lied down on the air mattress on one side. Jae changed into a t-shirt and sweats and lied down on the other side. It stayed awkwardly quiet for some time before L. Joe finally said something. “Jae, don’t worry about the sasaengs or the netizens. I really like you, I really do, so I won’t let anything happen to you. I promise.” “I trust you, sunbae.” Jae said quietly.

“Please,” L. Joe turned over to face Jae and saw that she was already facing him. “Call me oppa.”

Jae smiled. “Goodnight, oppa.” L. Joe smiled back at Jae and Jae closed her eyes. “Goodnight.” When Jae finally fell asleep, L. Joe got closer to Jae and wrapped his arm around her as he fell asleep.

At midnight, the mechanic finally called Teen Top’s manager to tell him that the car has been fixed. He woke L. Joe up and the two left to return to Teen Top’s dorm. L. Joe walked in and saw the members waiting in the living room, looking worried. “Welcome back, Byunghun.” C.A.P said as L. Joe walked in. The half-asleep boys all walked to their rooms at the sight of L. Joe, too tired to ask about the date or even mention the news about him and Jae.

The next day, after dropping the groups off at the TOP Media building to practice for special performances and comebacks, the two managers met up to talk about the futures of these two groups and the relationship between L. Joe and Jae. How can they protect the two of them from the crazy sasaengs? Is there even a way to cover everything that happened the day before? The two managers came up with a great idea to accomplish this.