A Little Get Together

L. Jae

A couple of months have passed since L. Jae have been blessed with their beautiful baby boy, Minki. Every day felt like a dream for L. Jae; Minki was everything they’ve ever wanted.

Byunghun held his son and looked at him in awe. Minki was falling asleep in his father’s arms, and his tiny hand was wrapped around his finger.

“Sweet Minki, sleep well.” Byunghun put Minki in his crib and kissed his forehead. As he watched Minki sleep, he was joined by his wife, who was loving the sight of Byunghun putting their son to sleep.

“He’s so adorable.” Jae said quietly. Byunghun kissed her forehead and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. “He’s just as cute as you when you sleep.”

Jae blushed and turned around to face Byunghun. She placed a sweet kiss on his lips and bit her lip. Byunghun ran his fingers through her hair and looked into her eyes lovingly. They didn’t even have to say anything; they could tell how much they loved each other just by looking at each other.

Their moment was interrupted by the ringing of Jae’s phone. She practically ran out of the room so that she wouldn’t awaken Minki. “Hello?”

“Hey unnie~”

Jae smiled. “Hey Nini, what’s up?”

“I was wondering if Jonghyun and I could stop by today. Just to visit the beautiful Puppy Family.”

“Of course you can come over. I’d love to have my children over.”

Nini laughed. “It’s great that you still call us your children even though you actually have a son now.”

Jae giggled. “Just because I have Minki doesn’t mean you two aren’t my children. I’m still Umma Jae.”

Nini and Jae both laughed in unison. “Okay, Umma Jae. We’ll see you later, then.”

“Bye.” Jae hung up and turned to see her husband doing the same.

“Hyun Jae just called me and asked if he could come over today since he’s free. I told him it’s okay.”

“Nini just called to ask the same. Looks like we’re having a get together today.”

Byunghun nodded. “We should get ready, then. At least while Minki is sleeping, we can take our time.” He pecked Jae’s lips and they started to prepare themselves for their guests.

In about another hour, the doorbell rung and Jae went to answer the door. In came Nini and her fiancé, Jonghyun, hand in hand. Jae greeted them happily and invited them in.

“I haven’t seen Minki in almost a month now! I wanna see how big he’s gotten.” Nini said excitedly.

Jae smiled and led ChangNi to Minki’s room. Minki was still sleeping, Byunghun standing over him and watching him sleep.

“Omo, he’s so big!” Nini whispered. “Can I hold him?”

Jae nodded and reached in the crib to let Nini hold Minki. “Aigoo, he’s adorable. I can tell he’ll look like a wonderful mix of his umma and appa.”

L. Jae smiled and exchanged cute smiles. At that moment, they heard the doorbell again.

“I’ll go get that.” Byunghun went to open the door for Hyun Jae.

“Hyung!” Hyun Jae yelled.

“Hyun Jae! Minki is sleeping! Keep it down.” Byunghun said.

“Sorry,” Hyun Jae entered the apartment quietly. “Can I see mini Byunghun?”

Byunghun laughed as Jae entered the room with the now awake Minki, ChangNi following behind her.

“Hi, Hyun Jae.” Jae smiled at Hyun Jae, who was looking at Minki like a little kid.

“Wow, he’s so cute~” He waved at Minki. “Hi, little Minki. It’s Uncle Hyun Jae.”

Minki moved his arm a little, attempting to wave back. Jae smiled at her son’s adorable attempt to wave.

“Looks like Minki likes Uncle Hyun Jae.” Nini commented.

“Sweet~ I’m honored.” Hyun Jae joked, causing everyone to laugh.

“Bunny, can you take him? I gotta go get his bottle ready.” Byunghun nodded and took Minki from Jae.

As Jae went into the kitchen to prepare Minki’s bottle, Nini followed her.

“Do you need any help unnie?” Nini asked.

“No, I got it, thanks. But company is appreciated.”

Nini smiled and sat down at the kitchen table. “I can’t wait to see how Minki grows up. Do you plan on giving him a little brother or sister?”

Jae pondered for a minute. “I don’t know yet. Byunghun and I haven’t really talked about it, honestly.”

Nini nodded understandingly. “I think it would be nice for Minki. He’d be a good hyung or oppa, I already know.”

Jae giggled. “He’s not even a year old, Nini.”

“I know, but you guys are the Puppy Family, so he’s bound to be a great older brother.”

Jae smiled. “I guess. Come on, Minki’s bottle is ready.” Nini and Jae went into the living room with the guys and joined them in conversation.

They sat together and talked for a couple hours, enjoying each other’s company. Hyun Jae looked at the time and practically panicked.

“Omo! I’m supposed to take my girlfriend out tonight! I really gotta go. Aish, she’s gonna kill me.” Hyun Jae quickly said his goodbyes and ran out the door, leaving everyone laughing.

“I guess we should leave now too. It’s getting pretty late anyways.” Nini said, as she hugged Jae and Byunghun goodbye.

After everyone left, Minki was put back into his crib. He feel asleep pretty quickly and Jae went to her room to join her husband in bed, who was watching a movie. He held his arm out, motioning for Jae to join him to cuddle. His arm was wrapped around her waist and her chest was rested on his shoulder.

“Bunny~” Jae’s finger circled on Byunghun’s chest and he hummed in response.

“Do you want to have another baby?” Byunghun looked in Jae’s eyes with a bit surprise. “You’re ready for another baby?”

“Not now, but eventually.” Byunghun smiled and kissed Jae sweetly.

“I’d love to have another baby with you.” Jae smiled and wrapped her arms around Byunghun’s shoulders, kissing him happily.

“I’m ready when you are, mi amor.” Byunghun caressed Jae’s cheek.

Jae’s head returned to Byunghun’s shoulder to rest and her fingers were intertwined with his. “I love you so much, Bunny.”

Byunghun smiled and kissed the top of Jae’s head. “I love you, too.”