Bonus: I Want to Love U Forever

L. Jae

6 years later…

“Good morning, mi amor.” Byunghun kissed Jae’s cheek and woke her up.

Jae rolled over and smiled at Byunghun. They’ve been living together in an apartment for the past few years; not too long before Teen Top and Muzik Scale disbanded.

Jae pecked Byunghun’s lips. “Good morning.”

Byunghun rested his forehead on hers. “I love waking up with you right next to me.”

Jae smiled brightly and kissed Byunghun. “So do I.”

Byunghun wrapped an arm around Jae’s waist and pulled her closer. “I love you so much, Jae.” He kissed her forehead. “Come on. Let’s go eat some breakfast.”

Jae nodded and the two headed for the kitchen together. After making their breakfast, they sat down to eat. As they ate, Byunghun took a moment to admire Jae. He smiled at the sight of his beautiful girlfriend who had light shining on her from the window. His mind was on one thing today. It was going to be a special day.
 

A week earlier

“Chanhee! Hyun Jae! Stop playing around and just help me pick a ring!” Byunghun scolded as he continued to search through the engagement rings. Chanhee and Hyun Jae’s laughter died down as they started to help Byunghun.

“You know, I’m so happy that you brought us along. If you weren’t being so serious you’d find our jokes hilarious, too.” Chanhee said as he slightly nudged Byunghun.

“Yeah, hyung. Lighten up. How are you gonna pop the question anyways?” Hyun Jae asked.

Byunghun sighed. “I don’t know yet…” Chanhee and Hyun Jae’s eyes widened.

“YOU MEAN WE’RE HERE PICKING OUT ENGAGEMENT RINGS AND YOU HAVEN’T EVEN FIGURED OUT HOW YOU’RE GOING TO PROPOSE TO HER YET?” Hyun Jae practically yelled.

Byunghun shushed him. “I thought I would’ve figured it out by now but it’s not easy. And she’s out with the girls today, so I had to take the first opportunity I got to come here.”

Chanhee draped an arm around Byunghun’s shoulders. “Okay, okay. We’ll help you plan out the proposal.”

“Thank you.” At that moment, one of the rings caught Byunghun’s eyes. It was a round cut white diamond with small diamonds covering the band. Byunghun smiled and pointed it out to Chanhee and Hyun Jae.

“That’s the one.” Byunghun said quietly.

Hyun Jae smiled. “That’s the one.” Hyun Jae repeated.

Chanhee called the salesman over as Byunghun admired the ring. He was so happy that he found the ring that he was going to present to the love of his life.

After paying for the ring, the three headed to Chanhee’s house to come up with a plan for the proposal. They only had a couple of hours, but they had to come up with the perfect idea for Jae. Before they thought of something, Byunghun felt like he had to do something really quick. He looked at the time. 10AM. Perfect time.

“Give me a moment, guys. I gotta make a phonecall.” Byunghun walked into the next room and dialed a number.

“Hello?”

Byunghun’s hands started to shake. “Hello, Mr. Sanchez?”

“Hello, L. Joe.” Jae’s father said.

“Hi, um, sorry to disturb you, but I wanted to ask you a question.” Byunghun said slowly, making sure he spoke clearly.

“It’s no bother. What do you want to ask me?”

Byunghun took a deep breath and put the sentence together in his mind quickly. “I really love your daughter, and I wanted to know if it was okay if I marry her.” Byunghun has been working on his English so he could one day ask Jae’s dad for permission to marry Jae.

Jae’s father took some time to answer Byunghun, making him nervous. What if he was completely against this? What if he didn’t approve of him? Byunghun’s heart raced faster each second it took for Jae’s dad to answer. Finally he put Byunghun out of his misery.

“I know how happy you make my daughter, so I’m just as happy to allow you to marry her.”

Byunghun smiled at his words. “Thank you so much, Mr. Sanchez. Have a good evening.”

“You too, son.” Jae’s father hung up and Byunghun was so happy. All he had left to do was to propose. He returned to the living room.

“Byunghun! Just in time! We just thought of a great idea!” Chanhee yelled as Byunghun entered.

 

With Jae, a week later

“He nearly rushed me out of the house this morning.” Jae said over the phone.

“That’s weird. Well he asked you to pick some stuff up from the supermarket so maybe he has special plans for lunch? Maybe? I don’t know.” Nini laughed.

“I don’t know you may be right. He said he was planning something for later, but he didn’t ask for anything special. You can’t have a romantic lunch with bread, eggs, and milk.” Jae laughed with Nini as she parked her car.

“I know it’s gonna be fantastic, unnie. Call me afterwards. I wanna hear all about you two adorable puppies.”

Jae giggled. “Okay, I will. Talk to you later, Nini.” Jae hung up and walked through the door.

When she walked into the kitchen, she saw a little note written on a light pink paper with roses around it. She put the grocery bags on the kitchen table and she opened the note.

6 years ago, you made me the happiest and luckiest person on the planet. You complete me and understand me better than anyone else I know. Go to the bedroom.

She read and blushed at the words written. She followed the notes direction and went to the bedroom. She saw another note on the bed.

Every morning when I wake up next to you, I feel like I’m still dreaming; and when I go to sleep next to you at night, I feel blessed to have you there. Go to the living room next.

She smiled and went to the living room, where she saw another note on the couch.

Even though I tell you that I love you every day, I still feel like something is missing. I still feel like there’s more I can do for someone so perfect and meaningful to me. Meet me on the roof.

Jae became so excited. She loved all of the notes he had written for her and couldn’t wait to see what he had planned for her. It was February 11, their 6th anniversary, so he must’ve had something very special planned for her.

She went to the rooftop and saw Byunghun standing there, in the middle of a heart made of rose petals.

“Happy anniversary, mi amor.” Byunghun held his hand out and Jae smiled. She loved when he did cute and romantic things for their anniversary. Jae joined him in the heart of rose petals and hugged him.

“Those notes were so cute.”

Byunghun smiled. “I’m glad you liked them.”

Jae looked up at Byunghun and they looked into each other’s eyes with so much love. “This is such a great anniversary gift. Thank you, oppa.”

Byunghun took a small step back. “I’m not done yet.” Jae looked confused, but still excited.

“I can’t tell you enough how much you mean to me. Words can’t explain how happy I am with you or how much I love you. So, I decided that it was time that I got something that symbolizes my love for you. I want to feel all this happiness and love every day, but as your husband instead.” Jae’s eyes widened and her hand covered as she watched Byunghun get down on one knee.

“Jasmin Sanchez, will you marry me?”

Jae felt tears rolling down her cheek and she was in complete shock. She only dreamt of this day, and now, here they were.

She nodded. “Yes. Yes a million times, Byunghun.”

Byunghun smiled and put the ring on her finger. He stood up and they shared a passionate kiss. He pulled away and kissed her forehead.

“You have no idea how happy you make me.”

Jae smiled and pecked his lips. “I do. Because you make me equally as happy.”

Byunghun smiled and they kissed again. “Yo te amo, mi amor.”

Jae smiled. “Yo te amo también.”