The last day

L. Jae

Sun's eyes widened as she looked and saw their manager approaching the front door of the TOP Media building.

"Manager oppa is coming! Wrap up your date!"

L. Joe and Jae quickly cleaned up the food that Muzik Scale and Teen Top bought them for their secret date in Muzik Scale's practice room.

L. Joe gave Jae a sweet kiss. "I'll see you later."

"Okay, oppa."

Teen Top ran into their practice room and quickly started their choreography and Muzik Scale did the same.

"Thanks for the lookout, Sun unnie." Sun smiled at Jae and started the music for their practice.

It's been a month since L. Joe and Jae started dating. They weren’t supposed to have dates in the TOP Media Building, but they did it behind their manager’s back anyway. The sasaeng’s letters have been coming less frequent and no one’s really been talking about L. Jae being real. Even though it’s been a little difficult, they managed to keep their relationship secret for this long.

“Unnie, when are you planning on making your relationship public? I don’t want to be on lookout next time.” Nini pouted as Jae giggled.

“I don’t know yet. I’m not sure if he’s ready or if our managers will be okay with it being public. I’m not even sure if I’m ready.”

Suddenly, the music stopped and Muzik Scale’s manager walked in.

He looked confused. “Why are you girls here? You don’t have anything scheduled for today, not even practice.”

Muzik Scale’s eyes widened as they ran over to the schedule. There was nothing written for the day.

Ae Cha looked around to think of a believable excuse. “Uh, because, manager oppa, we lost track of the days. We thought the practice written for last week was this week.” Ae Cha’s voice softened as she noticed Nini laughing in the corner.

The manager crossed his arms. “That’s not true, because you girls were so excited about a day off yesterday.” He looked at the stuffed garbage can, then at Jae. “If you want to date L. Joe, then make yourselves public instead of having dates behind my back every other day.”

The girls looked surprised. “How did you know?” Sun asked, angry that their lookouts were in vain.

Their manager pointed at the garbage can that was filled with the garbage from L. Joe and Jae’s date. The girls face palmed and Nini just laughed louder.

Their manager smiled. “I guess I just know these things. Now, you girls can leave and do what you want today. You have a busy day tomorrow.” The girls smiled and bowed to their manager before leaving.

The girls talked about doing many things. Shopping, going to a restaurant to eat, going to karaoke. Jae was agreeing to all these things until she saw L. Joe leave the building. Today was his last day of filming for School Flower.

“Jae, you should go surprise him on his last day.” Sun said. Jae nodded. “I think I will.”

Jae asked their manager if he could drop her off at the set. He kindly concurred and dropped Jae off before heading back to the dorm with the other members.

Jae looked around, amazed. There was so much going on; makeup artists running back and forth, costume designers finishing up outfits, the director coolly sitting in his chair with a coffee.

Jae kept looking around until she saw L. Joe. She felt the same butterflies she felt when they first met. She slowly started to walk up to him until she noticed a scene was about to start. She stood to the side instead and watched as Suzy walked up to him, all dressed up.

Jae watched the two of them act together perfectly. If Jae wasn’t already dating L. Joe, she’d think he liked Suzy. The way they held hands and smiled at each other was weird for her to watch. Jae looked away and saw that Hyun Jae was approaching her, excited.

What was he doing here?

“Hey, sunbae. It’s been a while since I last saw a beautiful face. Looks like today is my lucky day.” Hyun Jae winked at Jae.

Jae sighed. “You don’t have a schedule today, Hyun Jae?”

“Nope, it’s a vacation day. I decided to come here to support Suzy and L. Joe on their last day as a couple, but it seems that I’ve run into my star.” He flashed a smile at Jae.

“Hyun Jae, I’m really flattered, but-”

“Hold on, I was wondering if you had an extra heart mine seems to have been stolen.”

Jae sighed again as she saw L. Joe and Suzy have their final kiss scene. “Hyun Jae, really, now’s not the time.”

“I know. It’s actually the time that I got your number.”

Jae placed her hand on his shoulder. “Maybe some other time.”  She walked away from him, quite annoyed.

She felt the butterflies returning as she walked towards L. Joe who was going to get a snack. She was suddenly stopped by someone.

What now?

She turned around and saw this time it was Suzy. She bowed at the sight of her sunbae.

Suzy looked at her with a serious expression. “You know, you’re really becoming a problem.”

Jae’s eyes widened. “What do you mean?”

“L. Joe called me Jae today. I acted like I didn’t notice, but I know what’s going on.”

Jae looked confused and a little worried. “What?”

“Stay away from him. He’s mine and I don’t want you to mess this up for me.”

Jae’s eyebrow rose when the words ‘he’s mine’ left Suzy’s mouth. She was so tempted to tell her that he was already hers and she had no right to tell her to stay away from her own boyfriend.

“You’re a sassy one, aren’t you?” Jae said with a really angered look. She turned around and saw that L. Joe noticed she was there. She smiled at him and looked at Suzy.

“Don’t get too comfortable.” Jae said before walking off the set, annoyed and pretty much ready to maim the person who thought L. Joe was his.

She turned around to glance at Suzy but saw her flirting with L. Joe. She also noticed L. Joe was looking at her, disappointed.

She stopped in her place, conflicted.

She was too angry to be around Suzy, but she didn’t want to leave without saying anything to L. Joe. He was the reason she was there after all.

She stood there, thinking about what she should do, when a small car drove up to her.