Better than normal

L. Jae

Muzik Scale sat in front of the TV, mouths agape. Hyun Jae was standing on the sidelines with his eyes widened. L. Joe was completely frozen.

Did she really just say that?

“Miss Suzy, did you just say that your relationship was fake this entire time?” The host was just as surprised as everyone else.

Suzy nodded. “I know I said I really liked L. Joe before. That’s still true.” She looked at L. Joe. “But, he’s in love with someone else.”

L. Joe’s eyes widened. “Suzy, you don’t have to do this.”

She smiled at the audience. “I hope you guys all support L. Jae as much as I do. I think they make a beautiful couple.”

It took a moment for everyone to finally come back to their senses. The host started to clap first, then the audience.

Suzy hugged L. Joe. “I’m doing this for you. I hate to see you sad, oppa.” The two sat down to finish their interview.

Muzik Scale was still in complete shock, especially Jae. She sat with her empty yogurt in her hand.

“I don’t even know what to think.” Sun mumbled. She turned the volume up.

“So, why did you say you guys were in a relationship?” The host asked, still trying to comprehend the news.

L. Joe opened his mouth to speak, but Suzy spoke up instead. “It was a setup to protect my image. I don’t really want to talk about it on television, because it’s still a secret, but I hope the fans will understand. I’m sorry if I hurt or confused you.”

The audience started to clap loudly, accepting her apology. She was the Nation’s Sweetheart, anyway.

As the interview continued, Muzik Scale became more and more relaxed. It seemed that L. Joe was a bit more comfortable than the beginning but still a little nervous.

“So what’s going to happen with Yeon Rin?” Nini asked.

The girls all looked at Jae. “I don’t know…maybe we can get her to leave us alone now. Somehow.”

The interview ended and Suzy and L. Joe walked backstage.

“Suzy, I-”

“Don’t mention it.” Suzy smiled at him.

“Thank you. Thank you so much.” L. Joe hugged Suzy.

“You’re welcome. But, do me a favor?” Suzy said.

“Anything. I’m all ears.” L. Joe said.

“Go to Jae and let her know how much you love her. Yeon Rin won’t be able to stop the two of you from being together. I’m sure of that.” She gave him a bright smile before going to her dressing room. L. Joe smiled and turned to leave.

Sun turned off the TV and the girls erupted into conversation about what they just saw.

“Unnie, call L. Joe! He’ll be happy to hear your voice~” Nini playfully passed Jae her phone.

Jae called L. Joe but he didn’t answer. Instead, the girls heard a knock at the door. Jae put her phone down and went to answer the door.

There was L. Joe, out of breath, but his bright smile directed at Jae. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her sweetly. Jae smiled and kissed him back. They were interrupted by Muzik Scale cheering in the back. L. Joe broke away from the kiss and looked into Jae’s eyes lovingly.

“I love you, Jae.” He pecked her lips.

“I love you, too, Byunghun oppa.” Jae hugged him. “Hyun Jae told me everything about Victorious Secret.”

L. Joe laughed. “He’s obsessed with that name. You don’t want to know what else he wanted to call our little team.”

Jae laughed. “It’s okay, if you don’t tell me, I’ll just ask him.”

L. Joe laughed and leaned in to kiss Jae again, but his phone went off.

“Hyung!” Hyun Jae sounded excited.

“Yes, Hyun Jae?”

“My uncle just called and told me they got Yeon Rin and her little “group”! Isn’t that great?” Hyun Jae was nearly shouting.

L. Joe held Jae’s hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. “That’s amazing!”

“I know right? They even cleared her phone so whatever proof she had of whatever you guys did is now gone!” Hyun Jae sounded like he was out of breath.

“That’s even better, but I think you should calm down before you pass out.” L. Joe laughed.

“Don’t worry about me, hyung! I’m just happy that it’s over and you and Jae will be happy.” Hyun Jae finally sounded like he could breathe again. “Hyung, you’re really lucky. I hope to find a girl as great as Jae.”

L. Joe smiled. “You will, Hyun Jae.”

“Hyung?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m recruiting people for Victorious Secret. It’ll happen one day. I’ll make sure it happens.”

L. Joe laughed. “Just call me when you’re ready.”

“Oh yea!” Hyun Jae shouted. L. Joe heard a Reaction member in the back telling Hyun Jae to be quiet. “I gotta go, hyung. But, remember Victorious Secret.”

L. Joe laughed again. “I won’t forget, Hyun Jae.” Hyun Jae hung up.

Jae pulled L. Joe for a hug again. “Now we can finally be a real couple.”

L. Joe smiled. “Not without these.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out two couple rings. “I figured we should wear these. Only if you want to, we really don’t have to.” His face became red and Jae smiled.

She kissed him. “I’d love to wear it.”

“Put it on my finger.” Jae put her hand out.

L. Joe blushed and got down on one knee. “One day, this will be for marriage, Jae.”

She blushed. “I’d love that.”

After putting the ring on her finger, L. Joe stood up and kissed her.

Everything was perfect, from that moment on. ^-^