It's just drama

L. Jae

Teen Top’s manager walked over to the stereo to stop the music.

“You guys worked hard today, take a break.” The boys went straight for water, but their manager called L. Joe over instead.

“Byunghun, I just got you an acting job.” L. Joe’s eyes widened in a little shock and a little excitement. “That’s great, hyung. Is it a movie? A drama?”

“It’s a drama with Miss A’s Suzy. It’s a romance so you’re going to have to develop chemistry for it.” L. Joe started to look disappointed. “A romance?” L. Joe started to worry about what Jae would think. He felt uncomfortable but he still managed to accept the acting offer. As he walked away to get some water, his manager stopped him.

“Byunghun, I’m doing this for you. The netizens are on you and Jae and it won’t be long until the sasaengs come in. We need a distraction. I’m sorry if it stops you and Jae from being together but this is necessary.” L. Joe nodded and walked away. He couldn’t stop thinking about how weird it would be to have romantic scenes with Suzy when he was in love with Jae, how weird it would be to kiss Suzy, who he didn’t have feelings for, before he kissed Jae, who he was crazy about. He pushed those thoughts away until it was time to actually start filming for the drama.

Meanwhile, in Muzik Scale’s practice room

“He asked you to call him oppa?” Nini’s eyes got wider in excitement as Jae nodded.

“When their manager woke up, I walked out of the room to wake Jae and I saw them sleeping in each other’s arms!” Ae Cha squealed with excitement with Sun and Nini while Jae blushed.

“Girls,” Muzik Scale’s manager walked in. “I have just been informed that there have been more practice sessions added to your schedule along with variety show appearances and eventually recording sessions for your comeback.” The girls’ expressions only showed shock.

“Comeback? We only debuted a month ago!” Ae Cha said in protest.

“I know, but we have to prepare for a comeback for your Musicians. It’ll be a nice surprise.” Their manager looked nervous.

“Manager oppa, why do you look so nervous? Are you worried about us? Is the schedule really that bad?” Sun looked concerned for their manager.

“No. I’m fine. I need you girls to stay healthy, okay? Eat well, try your best to get some sleep. This schedule is hectic.” The girls nodded and their manager left.

“But, then, does that mean we can’t set Jae up on dates with L. Joe oppa anymore?” Nini asked. Ae Cha sighed. “I guess so. We have to stay focused then. We can’t be distracted. Let’s tackle this schedule together.”

“Muzik Scale Fighting!” The girls said together. This busy schedule was heavy on Jae’s mind. She was worried that she really wouldn’t have time to speak to L. Joe at all.

Maybe it was for the better.

Maybe it would get the sasaengs off of her back for a while.

 

The first day of filming came quickly for L. Joe. He casually walked to set with a caramel frappe. It may sound corny, but it was his subtle way of having Jae with him. He introduced himself to Suzy and she did the same to him.

“I’m glad that we’ll be able to work together on this drama, oppa.”

When she called him oppa, L. Joe held his drink tighter. “Same here. Let’s work hard for the fans.” He let up a “fighting” fist and walked over to greet the director.

The filming for the first day went well. L. Joe and Suzy showed good chemistry even though it was just the first day. L. Joe constantly thought of Jae, which made him act better for the drama. Bypassing fans would think he liked Suzy instead. But no matter what showed on the outside, L. Joe was always thinking of Jae.

 

It was really late when he returned to the TOP Media building, but he left some things there and had to pick them up before going back to the dorm. As he made his way to Teen Top’s practice room, he saw Muzik Scale rushing out of theirs. They had a fansign in Busan and they had to start on their way quickly before they would be late. Jae was the last one to leave the room, but as she left the room, she locked eyes with L. Joe.

The two stood there for a few seconds wanting to say something but couldn’t because they were both so busy and had so much on their minds. L. Joe waved to her and Jae bowed and ran off to catch up with the other members. L. Joe continued to stand there.

He wanted to tell Jae what was going on, but he knew that would be too long of a conversation. He knew that she probably didn’t want to think about him starring in a romantic drama with the Nation’s Sweetheart along with many other things that were most likely on her mind.

But, he wanted to talk to her. Even if it just was a hello.

 

Jae felt terrible. She wanted to tell L. Joe everything that what was going on but she couldn’t. She knew that there was something he needed to tell her to by his expression.

“Unnie, why do you look so sad?” Nini pouted.

“I saw Byunghun oppa when I left.” The other girls started to listen to the conversation attentively.

“Ooh, what did he say?” Sun asked excitingly, but Jae’s expression saddened it.

“Nothing. We look at each other, silently greeted each other, and I ran to catch up with you guys.” Jae sighed. Ae Cha was looking through her phone when she came upon something interesting.

“Oh. Maybe this is why.” Ae Cha gave her phone to Jae, showing her a news article talking about L. Joe starring in a drama with Suzy and a few pictures from the first day of filming. Jae looked at the pictures closely.

“He seems comfortable.” Sun hit Nini lightly for commenting.

“He does…”Jae said quietly. “Well…I hope they enjoy filming together. Oppa is a great actor.” Jae said as she looked out the window with a sad expression.

“Jae, don’t worry. That’s just for the drama. I’m sure he wouldn’t show any more fake love towards her than he does real love towards you. He’d probably make sure that he’d kiss you before he kisses her.” Ae Cha’s efforts made Jae feel better.

“You’re right, unnie. It’s just a drama. I shouldn’t get jealous or worried that he likes her more than me it’s just a drama.” Jae repeated those last four words to keep reassuring herself. It’s just a drama.