Puppy Family Christmas~

L. Jae

“Umma! Appa! Wake up! Santa came! Santa came!” Minki and Haneul ran into their parents’ room and jumped onto their bed. Jae and Byunghun opened their eyes and tiredly smiled at their babies.

“Merry Christmas, babies.” Jae kissed Minki and Haneul’s noses and they giggled.

“Are we going to open pwesents soon?” Haneul cutely pouted. Byunghun ran his fingers through her hair and smiled gently.

“Yes, let’s go right now.” Byunghun got out of bed and held his hands out for his babies to hold. Minki and Haneul jumped out of bed and took their appa’s hands, practically pulling him into the living room. Jae smiled and retrieved her camera to take pictures of Minki and Haneul open their presents.

“Look at all the pwesents!” Haneul said as she ran to a big present that had her name on it. She hugged it and jumped with excitement. She looked on the floor and pointed to the present next to hers.

“Ki, that one’s for you! It says your name on it!” Minki smiled brightly and picked up his present.

“What are you guys waiting for? See what Santa got you!” Byunghun said as Jae turned her camera on, excited to see their reactions to their presents.

The Puppy children ripped the wrapping paper from their presents. Their eyes widened and sparkled from their excitement.

“Oppa! Look what Santa brought for me!” Haneul clapped and pointed at her new set of princess dolls. “They’re so pwetty! What did you get?”

Minki happily held up his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures.

“Wait you have to show the camera! Umma wants to take a picture of your beautiful smiles!” Jae held the camera up and Minki and Haneul smiled with their presents in their hands. After she took the picture, Jae held her hand at her heart.

“You two are too adorable.” Minki did a little giggle and reached for a present under the tree.

“This is for you, umma. Hani and I made it just for you.” Jae smiled and opened her present, tears forming in her eyes. It was a present that her babies drew for her—Minki drew the family and Haneul colored it and added a Christmas tree. Byunghun framed it for her and wrapped it. Jae looked down and saw her two babies looking at her with eyes full of anticipation.

“Mewy Cwistmas umma~” They said together. Jae smiled and hugged them as tight as she could. She showered them both in kisses as they giggled and kissed her back. Byunghun smiled and captured the moment on Jae’s camera. Jae took a moment to pull herself back together and smiled at Minki and Haneul.

“Why don’t we see what else Santa got you?” Minki and Haneul smiled and nodded and proceeded to search for their presents. They only got more and more excited as they opened their new toys and clothes showing their parents everything.

After they finished opening presents, Minki looked on the table and noticed a note on top of a plate with a half-eaten cookie and an empty cup.

“Look!” he pointed at the table. “Santa left a note on the table for us!”

Haneul skipped over and picked up the note. “Umma please read it to us, please~” Haneul cutely pouted and Minki joined her.

Jae smiled and took the note from the table. “Santa says that he’s proud of you for being such good babies this year. He wants you to keep being nice to each other and to your umma and appa. And, look, he even drew a little picture for you.” Jae showed her babies and Minki took Hani’s hand and jumped with her from excitement.

“Santa’s picture is weally nice! Isn’t it, Hani?” Haneul nodded cutely and held the picture.

“Let’s go put it on the frigewator!” Hani and Minki ran into the kitchen and held the picture up to their appa for him to put it up.

“No, you guys should put it up.” Byunghun set up two chairs in front of the refrigerator and picked his babies up to stand on the chairs.

“Here, Hani. You can put it up.” Minki gave the picture to his baby sister and let her put it on the refrigerator.

“It looks perfect babies.” Byunghun kissed them both on their foreheads and took them down from the chairs.

For the rest of the day, the Puppy Family enjoyed each other’s company—Minki and Haneul playing with their new toys and their parents watching them. After dinner, Byunghun walked over to the piano with his babies and sat them next to him.

“Do you know Christmas songs, babies?” Byunghun asked as he started to play songs. Minki and Haneul shook their heads cutely.

“Play a song for us, appa! Pwease~~” Minki and Haneul pouted and Byunghun smiled and started playing All I Want for Christmas is You. He started to sing it and made eye contact with his wife.

Jae blushed and averted her gaze to her adorable children who looked like they were familiar with the lyrics.

“Do you know this song?” Jae asked walking around the piano to sit next to her babies. Hani shook her head but Minki nodded and started to sing along. Jae started to sing along and run her fingers through her baby girl’s hair gently. Haneul smiled and clapped along to the song. Suddenly she got an idea.

“Appa, can you play Snow Kiss? The song that you sang when you were a singer?” Jae and Byunghun smiled at each other and Byunghun happily obliged. He began playing Snow Kiss and Haneul started singing first. They sang the whole song together as a family and Haneul clapped when it was over.

“Again! Again!” Haneul said.

“No, baby, it’s getting late and you and your brother need to go to sleep. Maybe we can sing together tomorrow.” Jae said gently as she kissed the top of her head.

“Okay~” Haneul said as she pouted and walked with Minki to their rooms.

Jae and Byunghun tucked them in and kissed their foreheads and left for their room.

“I love seeing them so happy.” Jae said as she snuggled into bed with her husband. Byunghun kissed her forehead.

“I’m blessed to have such a perfect family.” Jae smiled and pecked Byunghun’s lips.

“Let’s get some sleep, Bunny. It’s been a long day.” Byunghun smiled and turned the lights out.

“Okay. Merry Christmas, mi amor.”

“Merry Christmas, Bunny~”