Bonus: The Meeting

L. Jae

The music was blasting and the girls were nearly out of breath. Their comeback was coming soon and Muzik Scale didn’t want to make any mistakes with the choreography.

As they finished the dance, they heard clapping coming from behind them. The girls turned around and saw it was L. Joe. Jae bit her lip at the sight of her boyfriend and her heart started to race as he walked towards her with his bright smile.

“Jagi~” He pulled her into a hug.

“Oppa, what are you doing here? You’re supposed to be practicing and getting ready to finish your tour.”

L. Joe took a deep breath. “I know, I know. I just wanted to ask you a question before we left.” L. Joe averted his gaze and started to blush like crazy. “I was wondering if you’d like to meet my parents. They’ve really been wanting to meet you and I figured since you have a little free time before I go to tour and your comeback comes, this would be the perfect time.”

Jae smiled. “She’ll go.” Ae Cha exclaimed. Jae turned around and looked at Ae Cha who had a straight face on. Sun face palmed and led Ae Cha and Nini out of the room.

Jae turned back around to answer L. Joe. “I’d love to meet your parents.”

He smiled. “Great. They’ll be thrilled to hear that you’re coming.” He pecked her lips once more before leaving for his practice room.

 

A couple of days later

The girls nearly pushed Jae out of the building when Teen Top’s manager pulled up.

“I can’t wait to hear the amazing stories when you come back!” Sun kept jumping from her excitement.

“Omo, I remember when we’d talk about this before we were trainees and now it’s happening.” Nini squealed and jumped with Sun.

“Thank God for this day off. Now our Jae gets to meet her in-laws.” Ae Cha poked at Jae playfully before Jae left the building.

Jae waved to her members once more before going into Teen Top’s van. She was immediately greeted by L. Joe and his manager.

“Annyeong~” L. Joe said with a smile on his face.

“Hi.” Jae returned the smile and put her seatbelt on. “I’m more nervous than I’d thought I would be.”

L. Joe held her hand and intertwined their fingers. “Don’t worry. My parents will love you.” He gave her a reassuring smile and Teen Top’s manager pulled off.

The car ride seemed like an eternity to Jae since she was still so nervous. Even though talking to L. Joe helped her calm down a bit, she still didn’t know what to expect. When the van approached L. Joe’s house she felt her heart speed up.

“Have fun.” Teen Top’s manager said as he pulled up in front of the house.

Jae took a deep breath and followed L. Joe out of the car. Her hands shook like crazy until L. Joe finally held it.

“Ready?” He asked. Jae nodded and L. Joe knocked.

“Who is it?” A woman’s voice came from the other side of the door.

“Umma, it’s Byunghun. I brought someone special today.”

The door was opened and there stood L. Joe’s mother. Jae felt her heart speed up even more and the butterflies in her stomach.

This was really happening.

“Omo! Byunghun! It’s so nice to see you! And you brought your beautiful girlfriend with you!” She hugged L. Joe and Jae. “Come in! Come in! I’m almost finished with dinner!”

She went back to the kitchen as L. Joe and Jae removed their shoes.

“See? My mom already loves you.” Jae giggled.

They walked to the living area where L. Joe’s dad was reading a book.

“Byunghun! Welcome home!” He stood up and hugged his son. “And is this the beautiful girl who you told me about? The one with beautiful eyes and a voice to match them?”

He smiled at Jae and L. Joe blushed. “Appa, please.”

His father laughed. “Hey, you’re the one who told me that.”

Jae looked at L. Joe, whose face was completely red.

L. Joe’s mother came into the room. “Yeobo, please don’t embarrass our son in front of his girlfriend.” She walked up to Jae and put a hand on her shoulder. “Dinner is ready, so let’s go eat.” Jae smiled slightly and walked to the table, her hands still trembling.

As they ate dinner together, talking and joking, L. Joe’s father noticed something. “Byunghun, I’ve noticed that you both have similar rings on.”

L. Joe’s face immediately flushed. “Yea, I bought us couple rings not too long ago.”

L. Joe’s parents looked at each other and smiled. “Aw, look at our little Byunghun, presenting a ring to his girlfriend.”

His mother smiled and looked at Jae. “I will make sure he spends as much money as he needs to for your engagement ring.”

L. Joe hid his face with his hands. “Umma~”

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. You guys are just so cute together.” Jae blushed.

“So, Jae, what part of America are you from?” L. Joe’s father asked as he finished his food.

“California.” Jae said with a smile.

“Really? How interesting.” His mother smiled and started to take the plates.

“I’ll take them, umma.” L. Joe said, cleaning the table.

“I’ll help.” Jae took the dishes that L. Joe couldn’t take and followed him to the kitchen.

“Sorry if they embarrassed you, jagi. They can be like that sometimes.” L. Joe said as he took the dishes away from Jae.

“No, no, they didn’t. I love your parents. They’re really nice.” Jae smiled.

L. Joe pecked Jae’s lips. “Salanghaeyo, Jae.” He smiled and took Jae back to the table.

“I know it’s late and you idols have to go back to your busy life, but I figured Jae might like what we have for her.” L. Joe’s mother walked towards Jae. “I know you are still young, but you and Byunghun are so perfect together. It would be wrong if I didn’t get my daughter-in-law something.”

Jae blushed as L. Joe’s mother reached inside a box and pulled out a beautiful necklace. “I got this for you so you could remember the first time you met us. We really love that Byunghun loves you so much that he brought you home.” She put the necklace around Jae’s neck.

Jae fought with her tears and smiled. “Thank you so much, I’m honored.”

L. Joe smiled just as brightly as Jae. “My manager just texted me that he’s in the front of the house now.”

L. Joe’s mother pouted. “Aw, I wanted to spend more time with you two. You’re always so busy.”

L. Joe hugged his mother. “I know, umma. We’ll be back soon enough, don’t worry.”

She smiled and hugged Jae. “Come back soon.”

They said goodbye to L. Joe’s father and left for the van.

“I’m so happy we made this trip, oppa.” Jae said as she entered the van.

“Me too. Now you have to take me to California to meet your parents.” L. Joe smiled and Jae giggled. “I’ll have to teach you some Spanish if you want to impress my father.”

L. Joe laughed. “Don’t worry; I’ll start in South America.” Jae smiled and rested her head on L. Joe’s shoulder.

“Then I’ll take you to meet my parents one day. It’ll be fun.”

L. Joe kissed the top of her head. “I’m already nervous.”

The two of them laughed as the van pulled off to take them back.