Leverage

L. Jae

A few minutes earlier

L. Joe turned around and saw Jae there.

His face lit up when she turned to smile at him, but quickly became sad when she started to walk away.

Why did she just walk away after smiling at him?

He didn’t notice Suzy coming to him and he was a bit startled to see her in front of him. “You did well today, Byunghun oppa.”

L. Joe finally looked at Suzy. “Thanks, but why is Jae leaving?”

Suzy looked confused. “I don’t know. She said something about getting comfortable. It’s weird because I remember seeing Hyun Jae here, too. Maybe they left together.”

“What?” L. Joe looked bothered by Suzy’s words. “What do you mean by together?”

“Maybe they left to go get a coffee together or something, I don’t know. I saw them talking earlier, but maybe it’s nothing. You shouldn’t worry about them when you have your beloved costar right here!” Suzy smiled at L. Joe but L. Joe was watching Jae who was walking away. He saw her look back at him and stop. He attempted to make eye contact with her, but she turned around.

“Did she say she was leaving with him?” L. Joe looked at Suzy.

“I don’t know.”

“How do you not know, you were talking to her!” L. Joe looked at Jae and his eyes widened when he saw who came out of the small car.

Meanwhile with Jae

“Can I help you?” Jae said nervously.

“No, I think the question is can we help you?” A tall, skinny girl walked up to Jae. Jae noticed she had a button that said Vice President on it.

“Why are you here, Jae?” A shorter girl stood next to the tall girl.

“Do I know you?” Jae said, slowly backing away.

“No, but we do know you. We know all about you.” The taller girl said with her arms crossed.

The shorter girl went to open the door for another girl, who was well dressed with an expensive bag in her hands. This girl was wearing a sash that said President.

“Jae, my girls asked kindly. Why are you here?”

Jae tried not to look intimidated and she didn’t back off. “I don’t have to tell you anything. Especially since I don’t know who you are.”

The “president” took her sunglasses off and gave Jae a dirty look. “Fine, then. I guess letters won’t be the only thing you’ll find at your dorm tonight.”

Jae’s eyes widened. She realized who she was talking to.

“Oh, and by the way, I’m Nam Yeon Rin, President of the ‘Protect our oppas’ club. Don’t think we don’t know everything about you and L. Joe because we’re quite aware.”

“The whole club is. Since we know you two are dating, we figured we should meet you in person since our letters weren’t enough.” The shorter girl commented.

Jae’s eyes widened and she slowly reached into her back pocket for her phone.

Suddenly, she felt a hand at her wrist and she was pulled back.

“Leave her alone, Yeon Rin.” Jae was surprised and happy to see L. Joe standing in front of her, protecting her.

But, he did he just call Yeon Rin by her first name? He knows her? 

“Byunghun! I didn’t know you were coming!” Yeon Rin started to walk towards L. Joe, but he took a step back, with Jae’s wrist still in his hand. “This is cute. You’re protecting your girlfriend.”

L. Joe’s eyes widened. “How did you know?”

Yeon Rin smirked. “I’m just smart. You’re lucky I haven’t told anyone, but I’m considering bringing the subject up to the media. I could add some spicy details about the night you guys became official, too.” Yeon Rin waved her phone in L. Joe’s face.

“Don’t you dare.” L. Joe moved his hand from Jae’s wrist to her hand and held it.

“Well, I don’t have to. But, I could also start sending things to Muzik Scale’s dorm if you like that more.” Yeon Rin gave L. Joe and intimidating look.

L. Joe thought about everything. He didn’t want them to become public because the sasaengs threatened him to. His manager wasn’t okay with L. Jae being public yet anyway. But, he didn’t want Jae to suffer either.

“Is there another option?” L. Joe said.

“Hmmm… you could let me make you and Suzy official.”

“What?” L. Joe and Jae said in unison.

“Well, you guys don’t want me to tell everyone about what you did in her dorm a month ago, and Byunghun doesn’t want to see his girlfriend get anything else from us, which I warn you, will be unpleasant, so that’s the only alternative route out of your little mess.”

L. Joe looked at Jae. They really didn’t know what they should do. “How do you know about what we did a month ago?” Jae asked, hiding behind L. Joe.

“Magicians never share their secrets. I refuse to tell you.” Yeon Rin crossed her arms.

“Do we have to answer you now?” L. Joe said as he held Jae’s hand tightly.

“No, but you have three days. If you don’t tell me anything, I’ll tell the media what happened at Muzik Scale’s dorm and it will ruin both of your images.” Yeon Rin walked up to L. Joe and put a hand on his cheek. “And that’s a shame. I really like Teen Top.” She turned around and the three girls left.

L. Joe and Jae stood there, completely frozen. They didn’t know what to think or say. The sasaengs had complete control of their images and their relationship.

“What if we make ourselves public?” Jae finally said. “That would just give them the green light to put up anything they know about that night.” L. Joe walked towards Jae to give her a hug, but stopped since he wasn’t sure if sasaengs were watching.

“Go home and tell your manager everything. She won’t be able to tell the media anything.” L. Joe said and Jae nodded. She took out her phone to call her manager.

Did she have a story for her members.