Tough Decisions

L. Jae

“She’ll tell the media what?” Nini couldn’t believe her ears and the members’ mouths were agape as Jae told them the story.

“And if we don’t tell her anything after three days, she’s going to give out some…personal information.” Jae averted her gaze to the floor.

“What “personal” information?” Sun asked.

Jae blushed. She never exactly told the members what happened that night. “Information that not everyone needs to know. But, the bottom line is, I don’t know what to do and I don’t want to give her any satisfaction.”

Their manager put her hand on Jae’s shoulder. “I think all we can do is report her. If she- they know things they shouldn’t, we need to make sure it never gets out.”

“But, manager oppa, she might still spill anything she knows to the media.” Sun added.

Their manager thought about it. “We can always deny it.”

“They may have proof.” Jae said.

He scratched the back of his head. “Don’t worry, girls. We can get out of this mess.”

At Teen Tops dorm

“We can’t let her get away with this.” C.A.P said, pacing back and forth.

“It’s amazing that she knows what happened at their dorm.” Chunji sat next to L. Joe in disbelief.

“I know. And I don’t know how to get out of this.” L. Joe put his head in his hands.

“Just tell our manager.” Niel said.

“He can’t do anything about this.” L. Joe ran his fingers through his hair. “I need to make a decision.”

“Let’s at least talk about it first, hyung.” Changjo said.

L. Joe nodded and sighed. “The public can’t know about the night we became official. That would ruin everything.”

“And you can’t publicly date Suzy if you’re secretly dating Jae.” Ricky said. “But, the only other option would be them sending her whatever appalling things they have for her.”

L. Joe frowned. “But, the company can stop that, right? Or, the police.”

“And the Musicians will still support her and maybe help stop the sasaengs, somehow.” Chunji added.

“It seems like the easiest way out, even though it may cause her emotional and maybe even physical pain.” C.A.P said.

“All of the options will. This one seems to be the one to give her the least pain.” Niel looked at L. Joe, waiting for his final answer.

“I’ll seem like the worst boyfriend to put her through whatever the sasaengs are going to do to her,” L. Joe sighed. “But, if I tell the company ahead of time, maybe she won’t go through so much.”

Chunji pat L. Joe’s back. “All we can do is hope for the best. I’m sure the police have stopped many crazed teenagers before.”

L. Joe smiled at Chunji. “You’re right. They should be used to these things. I’m going to meet her now. I’m going to put an end to this.” L. Joe confidently walked to the door.

“Aren’t you going to call Jae?” Niel asked.

“I will!” L. Joe left the dorm and called Jae first. It went straight to voicemail. I guess her phone is dead. Looks like Ill have to go speak to her myself. Ill explain everything to her afterwards, anyway. L. Joe then called Yeon Rin to tell her where they’d meet.

 

L. Joe continuously called Jae but she never answered. He finally texted her to let her know that he was going to tell Yeon Rin that he was going to allow them to send things to her, but he was also going to tell the police. He met Yeon Rin where they met last, where he filmed for School Flower. Yeon Rin came with her posse and they opened the door for her once again.

“So what’s your answer?”

L. Joe took a deep breath and answered. “You can send things to her, whatever you sasaengs do. Whatever you do, don’t hurt her. I would never forgive myself.”

Yeon Rin laughed. “You’re pitiful. You really think I don’t know what you’re going to do?”

L. Joe looked confused. “Excuse me?”

“Oh please, like you’ll just let us send whatever to your beloved girlfriend. I already know you’re going to tell your company or the police. You wanted to ruin my fun before I got to it.” Yeon Rin flipped her hair. “I’ve thought of these things, Byunghun. I know how to manipulate the police. I’ve done it many times before.”

L. Joe looked worried. “You’re lying.”

Yeon Rin laughed again, this time louder. “But, I’m not.” She gave L. Joe an intense gaze. “So, are you still going with that? Because I have things to do and you’re holding me up.” L. Joe averted his gaze to the ground and felt tears coming.

“I have my final answer.”

 

At Muzik Scales dorm

“Okay, I think we know what we should do.” Nini finished writing their master plan on a paper.

“Now that we have our plan, we can call Byunghun oppa.” Sun smiled and looked at Jae.

“Okay, I’ll go get my phone.” Jae left the room to take her phone off of the charger and call L. Joe. When she her phone, she saw that there were 7 missed calls and a text all from him. “Girls…he already went to go speak to Yeon Rin.” The girls ran to look at Jae’s phone and saw the text message he sent her.

“He’s going to let them send things to you?” Ae Cha said disappointed and a little angry.

“Yes, but at least he’s going to tell the police. She can’t do anything when the police are on her case, right?” Nini said. The girls heard the doorbell ring and they became a little frightened.

“I just want you girls to know that whatever is waiting for us on the other side of the door, we are a team and we take care of these things together.” Ae Cha took Jae’s hand and the girls walked to the door together.

Before Ae Cha could open the door, Jae got a text from L. Joe that said “I love you. Dont forget that.

Ae Cha gasped loudly at the picture that was left there and read the text out loud,

“L. Joe and Suzy confirmed as a couple.”