Happy together with the wrong people

L. Jae

“And~ cut.” L. Joe and Suzy bowed to each other and the rest of the crew as filming for the day.

“You did well today, L. Joe oppa!” Suzy held her hand out for a handshake and L. Joe reluctantly shook it.

“You too, Suzy.” L. Joe realized he sounded a bit rude and smiled at her to cover it up. Suzy smiled back and pushed her hair behind her ear.

“Our kiss scene will be filmed pretty soon. Are you ready for it?” L. Joe tried his best to maintain a relatively happy expression.

“Yes, I’m a little nervous, but I’m ready for it.”

He was lying. He wasn’t ready to kiss Suzy on camera. He hasn’t gotten the chance to even speak to Jae! What if she sees still shots of the kiss? The thought bothered him but he had to ignore it in front of Suzy. L. Joe excused himself to go speak with the director.

“Director, is it okay if I look at the scene we just filmed?”

“Sure, L. Joe! You did so well today. I think the viewers will really like the relationship you and Suzy have!” L. Joe looked confused and a little disturbed.

“You mean, on camera, right?” The director looked at L. Joe and laughed.

“Camera? No! I mean in real life! You guys would really make a cute couple! I’d put you guys on We Got Married together if I could!” L. Joe frowned but still ignored the director’s comment to look at the scene they just shot.

Aish, this is bad. L. Joe saw the chemistry he and Suzy had on camera. It looked really believable. Too believable. His face showed more and more discomfort as the scene went on and on. L. Joe saw why the director would think he had actual feelings for Suzy. When it ended, the director clapped. L. Joe once again excused himself and walked off of the set, leaving for the dorm. He was obviously displeased.

 

“This choreography is difficult!” Sun exclaimed after drinking her bottle of water. “Why do we have to do this special stage anyway?”

“We were chosen as the cool rookie girl group to perform it. It’ll look nice on stage.” Ae Cha walked over to the next day’s schedule to see what was in store for the girls and sighed.

“Tomorrow Jae is going to be on Happy Together.” The other members joined Ae Cha as they complained.

“Why is she going alone? Why can’t she go with a member?” Nini looked concerned.

“The rest of us have other things to do during that time. We will be doing solo activities all day tomorrow, so be ready for it.” Ae Cha walked over to Jae, who looked really nervous. “You’ll be great, Jae. You’re really good at variety.” Jae smiled at Ae Cha and the girls left together for their dorm to prepare for their busy day.

 

Jae arrived at Happy Together and saw a few familiar faces.

Of course, she saw the hosts: Yu Jae-suk, Park Myung-su, Shin Bong-sun, and Park Mi-sun. There was the maknae of rookie boy group, Reaction, Hyun Jae, and Suzy was there, too.

Jae saw other guests but nothing compared to the amount of shock she was in when she saw L. Joe there, too. Like a few days before, the two stood there looking at each other, this time, surprised. Jae walked up to L. Joe to talk to him but she was called for wardrobe instead.

She walked away looking at L. Joe and got herself ready for the show.

 

“If we're together, Thursday night will be very happy, Happy Together!” the hosts and guests all said in unison. All the guests were introduced and the show started.

“I’m so happy to have Suzy here again!” Park Myung-su said and everyone laughed. “But, I hear that you and L. Joe will be in a drama together! What’s it called?”

Suzy blushed as she answered, “School Flower. It’s about two lovers at school. I promised the producer that I wouldn’t say too much but it’s really good!” She looked at L. Joe and smiled.

“Ooh, is there a lot of chemistry?” Shin Bong-sun looked very excited to ask this question.

“Maybe a little.” Suzy blushed and L. Joe laughed nervously. “But, after filming for a while, I’ve realized that L. Joe is my ideal type.” L. Joe’s eyes widened and he looked at Jae, who was just as shocked.

“Really?” Hyun Jae said. “Are you disappointed by this, Hyun Jae? You look sad.” Yu Jae-suk said.

“No, actually, my ideal type isn’t Suzy subaenim. My ideal type is Jae sunbaenim.” Jae’s and L. Joe’s eyes went from Suzy and went straight to Hyun Jae, still wide.

“This is quite shocking.” Park Myung-su said. “And revealing!” Park Mi-sun look very intrigued in the idol drama.

“I would mention Jae recently saying L. Joe is her ideal type but she looks pretty surprised by everything that’s going on.” Yu Jae-suk added.

“That’s not the reason why!” Shin Bong-sun playfully hit Jae-suk. “We’re out of time! But, I’d like to do this again with these guests! It was a pleasure!”

As the show ended and everyone started to get up and change back to their clothes, Suzy stopped to speak to L. Joe. “I’m sorry if I embarrassed you. I didn’t mean to do that, oppa.” Suzy said.

“It’s fine. But, I’m kind of in a rush, I’m sorry.” L. Joe bowed and walked away to change.

At the same time, Hyun Jae stopped Jae to speak to her.

“Sunbae, I’m a big fan!” Jae smiled at him.

“Thank you for supporting Muzik Scale.” Jae bowed and attempted to walk away, but Hyun Jae stopped her again.

“You know, they say dating is a numbers game... so can I get your number?”

Jae was surprised by Hyun Jae’s immediate flirting. “I really have to go. My schedule is really busy today.” Jae started to walk away, but Hyun Jae followed.

“So can I live in your socks so I can be with you every step of the way?”

Jae stopped walking and looked at Hyun Jae. “Please, I need to go. I’m sure you have a schedule, too.”

Hyun Jae turned around and shouted, “You know, this time next year let’s be laughing together!”

 Jae quickly walked into her dressing room and avoided any contact with Hyun Jae.

A week later, the episode of Happy Together aired.

“So, this Hyun Jae guy hit on you?” Ae Cha asked while watching the episode.

“Yeah, with some real corny pickup lines, too.” Jae quivered at the thought.

“Well, looks like the fans like it.” Sun showed Jae the website that a Musician made with a Reactor (A/N Reaction fan).

“People are…shipping us?” “Yep. 2Jae they call it. Hyun Jae and Jae.” Sun took her phone back and exited out of the site.

Jae sighed.