Fun at the carnival

L. Jae

“JAE WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY YES?” Ae Cha said.

“Didn’t you hear? Sasaengs are pretty powerful; we’ve seen the ugly side of them happen to other groups. Then dating L. Joe publicly might hurt School Flower and that’s not fair to Suzy or anyone else in the cast. And it would hurt Hyun Jae if his sunbae started dating someone.”

The girls were disappointed that Jae didn’t answer L. Joe, but after her explanation, they understood. Jae was the umma of the group. She always thought about others and the consequences of her actions.

But, Ae Cha was the leader. She always thought of the members and their happiness.

“Jae,” Ae Cha stepped towards Jae. “If you want to be with Byunghun, you need to forget those things. We already said that we’d get over the sasaengs together with our Musicians because we’re a team. And School Flower will be fine. Many idols have dated but been in romantic dramas with other people. And, really? Hyun Jae? He’ll be just fine. I don’t see him stopping his flirting whether you’re dating L. Joe or not.”

Muzik Scale shared a group hug. “Boys are stressful.” Nini said, causing the group to laugh.

“Oh, you’re next, maknae. We all know you have a huge crush on Changjo.” Jae laughed at Nini as she blushed and quickly changed the subject.

“So, unnie, go answer his question!”

Jae smiled. “Gladly.”

Jae left for Teen Top’s practice room. As she entered, it looked like the boys were expecting her to come in, as they were sitting against the wall in silence. When the boys saw who came in, everyone yelled “Byunghun~” and L. Joe kept blushing from the members’ silliness.

“Can you guys not?” L. Joe said and the boys went to the back of the room, all excited.

After Jae was done laughing at her sunbaes, she finally walked up to L. Joe. “I’ll go to the carnival with you, oppa.”

L. Joe’s face lit up. He was so happy that he was about to kiss her. As he leaned in closer, the other members were loudly and obnoxiously reacting in the back of the room. L. Joe sighed then smiled at Jae.

“Excuse me.” He angrily walked over to the members to yell at them.

Jae laughed. “I’ll see you next week, oppa.”

With that, Jae left to tell her members what happened. The girls were screaming and jumping around their practice room in excitement.

"We need to go shopping, then! Oh, my L. Jae feels!" Sun exclaimed.

"Haha, I wish we could but we're going to be busy for the next week." Ae Cha said disappointingly. The girls sighed.

"Well then we can just anticipate." Nini smiled at Jae. "I'm so happy for you, unnie."

The girls shared one more group hug before continuing their practice.

 

After a week of waiting and anticipating, the day of the carnival date finally came. Jae put on a cute floral dress on and curled her hair.

This time her manager took her and met L. Joe and his manager somewhere near the carnival. They disguised themselves enough so no one would recognize them.

"Ready?" L. Joe asked Jae as he took her hand. Jae smiled.

"Be careful!" Muzik Scale's manager yelled before going back into the van and driving off.

"Are you sure no one will recognize us?" Jae was obviously really nervous.

"Don't worry about it. Let's enjoy our day here." He smiled at Jae to make her feel better.

Their date was really cute. L. Joe bought them a cotton candy to share and they rode many rides together.

"I can't let you leave here empty handed, Jae." L. Joe smiled at Jae and ran over to the games.

"Oppa, you don't have to get me anything. This day is gift enough, really." Jae said after L. Joe lost a few games.

"No, I have to get you something! It's supposed to be romantic and cute!" L. Joe walked to a different game.

In the end, was only able to win two for her, but Jae didn't mind. She loved the fact that L. Joe tried so hard just for her.

By the end of the day, Jae pulled L. Joe to the area where they could watch the fireworks.

L. Joe smiled and gave Jae a back hug. "I'm glad we were able to do this."

Jae smiled. "Me too."

"Jae, you know you're prettier than any of the fireworks in the sky, right?"

Jae started blushing uncontrollably. Jae just wanted to live in that moment: watching fireworks, having L. Joe with her, and not having a care in the world.

Nothing could ruin that.

Or so she thought...