Coffee Shop

L. Jae

Jae looked at herself in the mirror. She made sure her accessories were in place and fixed her hair even though it looked perfect. She flattened her skirt once more before leaving the room.

“So, how do I look?” Jae spun for her band mates.

Sun and Nini clapped. “Fabulous, Jae.”

“I’m just so proud of you.” Ae Cha wiped a “tear”.

Suddenly they heard a knock. “OH MY GOSH! THAT MUST BE HIM!” The girls squealed in excitement as Jae opened the door.

There he was; standing perfectly with a nervous smile on his face. Jae tried her best to contain her overwhelming excitement. L. Joe started blushing at the sight of Jae.

“Hey.” He managed to get one word out of his mouth.

“Hi.” Jae smiled at him.

L. Joe held out his arm for Jae. “Shall we leave now?”

Jae took his arm and smiled. “Okay.”

The two were careful to make sure no one saw them leave together.

They made their way to the coffee shop but it was empty. It seemed that L. Joe rented it so they could be alone. Romantic L. Joe made Jae blush. He walked with Jae to a table and pulled out a chair for her. Jae blushed and smiled at L. Joe’s romantic gesture.

“What kind of coffee do you like?” L. Joe asked. “I really like caramel frappes.” L. Joe smiled. “Caramel frappe it is.”

He bought the two of them caramel frappes and walked back to the table. As he sat down, he started to feel his hands shake. Jae noticed and got her nerves together to start the conversation.

“So, uh, do you usually come here?”

“While I was a trainee, this was one of my favorite places to go.”

“Cool.” Jae looked around to find something else to talk about. L. Joe looked really nervous.

Flashback to before the date, at Teen Top’s dorm

“Chanhee, let’s be serious. I really need some help because I really like Jae and I don’t want to mess this up.” Chunji thought about it.

“Byunghun. You should just tell her how you feel. Since you don’t want to do anything like kiss her I can’t tell you much!”

L. Joe ran his hand through his hair. “Who said I didn’t want to kiss her?” Chunji looked at him and crossed his arms.

“Really? You’d kiss her? On your first date?” L. Joe tried to keep his stance but instead sat on the couch with his head in his hands.

“I can’t. I’d be too nervous to even talk to her.” Chunji sat next to him and patted his back. “Okay. If you don’t want to kiss her, then stick to telling her how you feel. Kiss her when you feel the most confident.” L. Joe nodded.

End of flashback

“So, Jae, what did you think about the practice the other day?” L. Joe was finally able to say something.

“I loved it!” Jae smiled. “You guys work so hard all the time!” L. Joe smiled.

“Maybe one day I’ll come to watch you practice.” Jae blushed. “I meant you girls practice. I didn’t mean to make you feel weird.” L. Joe smiled shyly. “No, no, it’s fine.” Jae said.

After their awkward silence was broken, the two stayed in the coffee shop for another hour just laughing and talking to each other about their interests and funny experiences during the trainee days and in the practice room.

Finally, L. Joe took a deep breath and stood up. He held out his hand to Jae. “Are you ready to go?” Jae nodded and shyly took his hand.

They were careful when going back to the car and when going into the dorm. L. Joe and Jae walked back to Muzik Scale’s dorm hand-in-hand.

“I really had fun today, sunbaenim. We should do this more often.” L. Joe smiled. “Next time we get a day off, we will.” He started to think about what Chunji said and started to get really nervous again.

“Jae, I, um…” L. Joe took a deep breath. “I had a good time today too. I…” L. Joe closed his eyes tightly then opened them to look at Jae. “I really like you, Jae.” Jae’s eyes widened. The two got closer without realizing that they were close enough to kiss.

Before their lips could meet, Ae Cha came storming out of the dorm with her phone. “JAE! THE PAPARAZZI CAUGHT YOU GUYS!”