Surprise at Weekly Idol

L. Jae

The girls of Muzik Scale were patiently waiting for this day since their debut a month ago: the day they appear on Weekly Idol. Ae Cha, Sun, Jae, and Nini each anticipated going onto Weekly Idol for various reasons. Ae Cha to show off her drawing skills, Sun and Nini to test their Random Play Dance skills, but Jae was so excited to finally make public who her ideal type was: Teen Top’s L. Joe. Ah, L. Joe. He was the perfect guy. Everything about him made Jae happy. Even though they were in the same company, Teen Top was so busy these days, and Jae never even got a chance to properly introduce herself to him. Today was the day he would know, and it was better since she didn’t have to worry about the nerve-wrecking face-to-face confession.

“These ladies debuted a month ago with their huge single “In a Dream”! We welcome Muzik Scale to Weekly Idol!” Doni and Koni clapped as Muzik Scale walked into the room. “2,3, Annyeonghaseyo, Muzik Scale ibnida!” The girls said in unison.

“It looks like you girls really prepared for your introduction! We’ll do individual introductions later after Random Play Dance.” The girls succeeded in finishing Random Play Dance quickly and prepared for the next segment: “First Profile Writing”.

Before the girls sat down for the segment, Nini spoke softly to Jae, “Unnie, even though I’m the maknae, I think it would be best if you go last. I think the video message would be a great final profile!” Nini gave Jae a smile and took the 3rd seat and Jae took the last.

“Okay, we will start with Leader Ae Cha.” Ae Cha smiled and put her red hair back into a ponytail.

“Okay, Ae Cha is 19 years old, 164.6cm tall. It also says here that you are really good at drawing. Why don’t you draw something for us?” Koni said. “Draw me, unnie!” Nini smiled. While Leader Ae Cha drew, Sun did her profile writing. “Main Vocal Sun. You are 18 years old and 170.7cm tall.” Doni started. “Sing for us a little.” After Sun sang a heartwarming verse of “In a Dream”, it was Nini’s turn. “Maknae and main dancer at 16 years old and 167.6cm tall, Nini. Can you do a dance for us?” Nini danced to a dubstep song and everyone clapped.

As Nini’s profile writing came to a close, Jae felt butterflies in her stomach as if she was telling L. Joe face-to-face. So much for making it easier via video message. “Okay, so lastly we have Jae, main rapper and second foreign member of the group at 157cm,” Defconn said. “Next to nicknames, why does it say umma? Why are you an umma? You’re not even an adult!” Everyone laughed at his statement. “I’m the umma because I take care of the group well.” Jae said. “ARE YOU SAYING I DON’T?” Ae Cha said. “Miss Ae Cha, please don’t get involved, we’re trying to have a conversation here. Continue drawing.” Doni said and the studio once again burst into laughter. “Ooh, I see an interesting topic,” Defconn said, “It says here your ideal type is L. Joe of Teen Top. Aren’t they your label mates?” “Ne.” Jae said, anticipating her video message. “Then we can skip right over that.” Doni joked. It seemed that he noticed Jae’s disappointed expression because he said “I’m just joking, Jae-yah” almost immediately. “Why don’t you do aegyo for him?” Defconn asked. Before Jae did her aegyo, Nini said, “I think a video message would be better!” “Ah, maknae, you think so well.” Doni said. “Alright, Jae, why don’t you do a video message for L. Joe?” Jae got her nerves together and looked at the camera. “L. Joe oppa…”Jae started to blush and laugh. “Come on, Jae!” Sun said encouragingly. “Unnie fighting!” Nini cheered. “This is a little embarrassing,” Jae said after the explosion of reactions from everyone. With all her might, she said in the cutest way possible, “L. Joe oppa, please accept my heart~” Jae blushed again and turned from the camera. “How cute! I like that because it was cute! I’ll give you a pass, Jae!” Doni said.

Ae Cha finally showed her drawing of Nini. “This is surprisingly accurate! I’m impressed! And with that the First Profile Writing has ended!” Weekly Idol finished soon after that and Muzik Scale went to the waiting room. “That was so embarrassing; I really hope I never have to do that again.” Jae said. Nini laughed, “Don’t worry, it was cute! He’ll like it!” Soon, the girls heard a knock at the door and Ae Cha went to open it.

Jae’s face turned red when she saw that it was L. Joe, visiting his hoobaes. As Muzik Scale bowed to greet L. Joe, he stood by Jae, who was trying her best to stay calm. “Hi. I figured I’d stop by to watch my hoobaes do their first Weekly Idol appearance.” He looked at Jae. “I really liked your video message.” He smiled at her brightly and she blushed and looked away shyly. “You saw it?” Jae barely got the words out of . Ae Cha signaled Sun and Nini to leave the room to leave the two alone.

“We’re going to the restroom. Thank you for visiting us, L. Joe sunbaenim.” The girls bowed and left the room, giggling. L. Joe bowed and turned back to Jae. “Yeah, it was cute. You did well today, Jae-yah.” L. Joe smiled at Jae again. “Gamsahabnida, sunbaenim.” Jae was smiling shyly. “Don’t be so shy, Jae! I’d really like to get to know you!” L. Joe noticed Jae’s phone in her hand and took her hand.

“Unlock your phone for me? We can exchange numbers for a start!” Jae looked at L. Joe and smiled. “Okay, here.” After L. Joe and Jae exchanged numbers, L. Joe looked at his phone in a panic. “Oh, I’m almost late for practice!” He hugged Jae goodbye. “I’ll talk to you later!” L. Joe left quickly. As L. Joe left, Jae’s band mates reentered the room. “So? How’d it go?” Nini asked. “He gave me his number and hugged me…” Jae was so happy that she was about to cry. The girls giggled in excitement together in the room before their manager came to tell them that it was time to continue their schedule for the day.