Chapter 8

The Switch

Krystal’s POV

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be fine being alone? I can stay for a while if you want.” Donghae asked in a concern voice when he dropped me off at my apartment building.

 

“Yes, don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine once I’m inside my own home.” I said quickly. I was about to open the door to go out when he held my wrist, stopping me. I raised my brows.

 

“Here, use the umbrella. I don’t want you to get any wetter than you already are. I wouldn’t like it if you get sick now.” I was simply too shock to say anything and just nodded my head, soon he drove away. I’ve noticed that Donghae has been rather strange lately. I’ve heard the reason for the sudden personality change but does it normally cause this huge of a transformation? It’s like the Donghae we all knew was replaced by someone who looks exactly like him. Maybe Donghae has a twin?? I pondered for a bit before I was startled by thundering sound. I quickly made my way to my apartment, wanting to get out of the rain and my wet clothes.

 

After taking a long hot shower I figured I’ll check to see if there’s anything to eat in the fridge. Making my way into the kitchen the doorbell rang. Who could it be at this time? I was shocked to see Donghae through the peephole.

 

“What do you want?” I asked coldly when I opened the door. He was still in his wet clothes.

 

“E-er, I figured you haven’t had supper yet so I went and got some ingredients.” he said raising the bags in his hand. I raised a brow in suspicion. “I’m just doing this so that I won’t be blamed if and when you get sick.” he defended himself. I was about to decline the offer when my stomach growled loudly. He chuckled before pushing me aside and letting himself in. Seeing how he’s in my apartment already I might as well let him do what he wants.

 

“If the food tastes bad I will kill you, just so you know. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” I stated before walking into the living room to turn on the TV.

 

“Yes, ma'am” he bowed playfully. He’s really a dork. A small smile formed on my face.

 

“So, is there a specific dish you want to eat? Something warm perhaps?” he asked from the kitchen.

 

“Surprise me.” I said flipping through the channels.

 

“Will do, princess!” he shouted back. I stopped flipping through the channel and quickly turned my head towards the kitchen. What did he just call me?? I then heard clinks and clunks, chings and chongs coming from the kitchen. Shaking my head thinking that I must have just misheard it I refocused on the television. After a while I nice aroma filled my apartment. This made my stomach growl and my mouth water. Turning off the TV I walked into the kitchen where I saw Donghae putting on the final touches. Ba-thump. Seriously! What’s wrong with my heart??Just because he’s a tad bit handsome while cooking doesn’t mean my heart should skip a beat for him. Aish! I was snapped out of my thought process when he turned to me and flashed me a handsome smile before saying, “Let’s eat!”

 

 

We seated at the table. I took a spoonful of the soup he made. “Well?” he asked waiting for a reply.

 

“I-it’s good.” I said. He beamed a smile before drinking his soup. It’s true. It’s very delicious; it levels that of those at fine restaurants. I wonder where he learns his culinary skills from. After the soup, he scooped me some of the other food he prepared. Some of the food he made I’ve never seen before but nonetheless they were delicious. When the meal was done I was stuffed. I’ve never had a meal this good that was free. I noticed he started clearing the table.

 

“Let me do the dishes.” I offered taking the dishes from his hand. It’s the least I could do since he already cooked.

 

“It’s okay, let me do it. I made the mess so I should be the one cleaning it.” he said grabbing the dishes out of my hand, brushing his hand against mine. Ba-thump. And there it goes again.

 

“O-okay.” I said nervously before leaving him alone in the kitchen. I needed to get out of there and calm my racing heart. I must have fallen asleep while waiting for him. When I opened my eyes I saw him standing at the entrance of the living room.

“Well, seeing how it’s not thundering anymore and you’re full I will take my leave.” He smiled before going into the hallway to slip on his shoes. So, he came all the way back here because he was worried that I would be scared to be alone? Thinking that he was worried somewhat made me happy. “Good night, princess.” He said before going out the door and closing it. My jaw dropped, he called me princess again. So I didn’t mishear it the first time!

 

That night I couldn’t sleep. Honestly, Donghae’s been on my mind for the past hours after he left. What’s with him? What’s with me? Before I found him to be the most annoying, disgusting, the number one ert out there but now he’s the kindest, most gentle, sweetest, and most caring guy I know. I tossed around on my bed before deciding to text unnie for help.

 

Krys : uunie are you still up?

 

Jess: what is it? you can’t fall asleep because of the storm??

 

Krys: no unnie, I’ve just been thinking about something

 

Jess: oh okay well tell me about it

 

Krys: I just had dinner with Donghae

 

Jess: YOU WHAT?!? DID HE DO ANYTHING TO YOU? DID HE TOUCH YOU? DID HE FORCE YOU TO DO ANYTHING?

 

Krys: no unnie, wait till I finish first

 

Jess: okay so tell me the story

 

I told unnie about the rain, the tree, meeting him, our hands, the car, the meal, and finally the nickname.

 

Jess: so let me get this straight, you had a dinner date with him after he helped you in the storm and he called you princess

 

Krys: it wasn’t a date and yes

 

Jess: sounds like one to me. so why can’t you fall asleep then?

 

Krys: he keeps popping up in my mind

 

Jess: do you like him?????

 

Krys: how do you know if you like someone?

 

Jess: thinking about them constantly, heart beats faster for unknown reasons, nervous next to him, etc. well??? Do you feel any of these?

 

Krys: eeerr

 

Jess: I take it as a yes. im glad you finally fell in love but why Donghae of all people?!? Didn’t you tell me you hate his guts

 

Krys: I don’t know unnie. I did hate his guts but now…I don’t know.

 

Jess: go to sleep, I’ll call the girls for a girls night out tomorrow and we will talk about it.

 

Krys: kay unnie, good night

 

Jess: night Krys

 

I can’t believe I’m falling for him. I closed my phone and massaged my head before focusing on getting some sleep. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber's POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

next time :D