Chapter 30

The Switch

Krystal’s POV

 

Where? Where could she have gone? I ran around aimlessly, drenched in the pouring rain. Although I’m scared of the thunder and lightning I can’t stop now. If I stop I get a feeling that I will never see her again. Thinking carefully of where she might go I ran towards the school. The school was only a few blocks down from where the church was.

 

When I got to the school’s gate I saw someone in the distance standing under a tree. My heart raced. “Amber?” I mumbled before running towards her. When I got closer I noticed that figure was standing by our tree. My heart skipped a beat. She was here, she was here where we first connected. “Am!” I shouted. She tensed up and slowly faced me, shock was apparent on her face. Traces of tears were on her face. The rain couldn’t hide them. Seeing her tear stain faced my heart ache.

 

“W-wh” I threw myself at her. She stumbled back due to the impact but managed to hold the both of us up. I can feel her cold skin against mine. She was so cold.

 

“I love you. I love you. I love you.” I said all at once. She started relaxing into my hug and slowly wrapped her arms around my waist.

 

“I-I love you too, princess.” Ba-thump. Hearing her call me princess and that she loves me I couldn’t stop the warmth that was slowly spreading throughout my body. I love her so much. I can’t imagine my life without her. I pulled away a little so I can get a clear view of her face. I stared at her eyes, then her nose, and finally her beautiful lips. I gulped down nervously. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear before gently caressing my face. Like magnets our faces slowly inched closer and closer. Just when our lips were about to touch a shout was heard.

 

“NO!! GET AWAY FROM MY AMBER!!” I was pulled away and felt a cut on my arm.

 

Amber’s POV

 

I felt Krystal get yank away from me. I faced to see who it was and was surprised to see Hyuna noona. I haven’t seen her ever since the schools festival. What is she doing here? Seeing what was in her hand my eyes widen. Blood was dripping onto the ground. Who’s blood is that? I gasped. I looked down behind her and saw Krystal lying on the muddy ground with her arm bleeding.

 

“Krystal!!” I shouted. I ran towards her but stopped when Hyuna noona grabbed her by the hair and put the blade up to her neck. “NO!!!” I shouted.

 

“Don’t come closer, Am. This will pay for stealing what’s mine!” She sneered, makeup running down her face.

 

“N-n-noona, put down the knife. W-we’ll talk this out.” I told her. I can’t do anything rash. I don’t want to put Krystal in anymore danger than she already is.

 

“No! There’s nothing to talk about! I just need to put an end to her and we’ll be together again.” She laughed crazily. I knew she was crazy but I didn’t know she’ll be this crazy.

 

“Hy-Hyuna noona, we can be together without you having to do that.” I told her. I’ll do anything for her to release Krystal. She slightly lowered the knife. Seeing this I quickly added. “I-I don’t even love her.” I lied. Wrong move. Hyuna noona pointed the knife at me angrily.

 

“Don’t lie! I was there! I saw you sing to her!!” she cried. Crap! Did I just make the situation worse?

 

“A-Am.” Krystal said softly. I turned towards her.

 

“Shut up, you !” Hyuna noona shouted but Krystal kept talking.

 

“I love you.” This pushed Hyuna noona over the edge. She lifted the knife and brought it down.

 

“NOO!!” I jumped in and grabbed hold of the knife with my hand. The blade was just a few centimeters from Krystal’s throat. Blood was gushing out of my hands and onto her white dress. The rain helped dilute my blood.

 

“W-why?!?! Why are you saving this ?!!” Hyuna noona shouted. Feeling that she has loosened her grip on the blade I snatched it away from her quickly. I threw the blade on the ground and pushed Hyuna noona away. I hurriedly picked up Krystal and hugged her.

 

“Are you okay, princess?” I asked her.

 

“I-I’m fine. Other than this little scratch I’m okay.” she said. I looked down at her cut. It wasn’t little at all. I need to take her to the hospital fast. I picked her up and turned to take her to the hospital but stopped when I heard a shout.

 

“NO!” I turned to see Donghae hyung fighting with Hyuna noona in the mud, fighting for the knife. Hyuna had the knife in her hand and was swinging it at hyung, cutting him across the chest. Seeing this I hurriedly let Krystal down and went to help him. While Hyuna noona was distracted with hyung I crept up behind her and restrained her. We got the knife safely away from her. She fell to her knees and sobbed. Seeing how she gave up and didn’t have the knife anymore I go of her.

 

“Thanks, hyung.” I said when I walked towards him. I was about to put my hand on his shoulder when he pushed me out of the way. I fell to the ground hard and when I looked up I saw hyung holding his chest. Blood was quickly soaking his shirt. How did Hyuna get the knife? I looked to where the knife was, it was still on the ground. !!! I cursed myself. She had more than one knife. I pushed Hyuna down hard.

 

“Hyung, hyung.” I kept calling for him.

 

“I-I’m sorr-sorry, Am.” He said weakly. His legs giving way.

 

“No, hyung. Don’t say that.” I held him and laid him down. “You’ll be fine, hyung. The ambulance is on its way.” I tried holding back my tears but failed.

 

I turned towards Krystal when I heard her groan in pain. Hyuna had her pinned to the ground, knife in her hand, and Krystal was struggling to keep the blade from swinging down. I ran to help her. I know that I shouldn’t hit a girl but my anger got the best of me and I can’t take her down without hurting her. I landed a hard punch on her jaw, her head snapped to the side due to the force. Krystal then pushed her off. I helped her up and when I turned to see Hyuna noona I saw her darting forward towards Krystal with the knife. I didn’t have time to think, I jumped in the way and took the hit. The knife landed in my chest. Hyuna seemed shock.

 

“A-A-Amber. W-why?” she took her hand off the handle she was trembling. My legs give up on me and I fell on my knees.

 

“AMBER!” Krystal knelt down to me and pulled me into a hug. I can feel drops of warmth on my face. Was my princess crying? 

 

“I-I won’t let anyone have you if I can’t have you.” I heard her laugh before crumbling down and cradling herself in the mud.

 

“Pr-princess. Y-you’re n-n-not hurt are y-you?” I managed to croak in her embrace. I was starting to go numb and my vision was failing me. I didn’t get to hear what she said because I couldn’t hear too well anymore. All I heard was the pounding of the rain. It hurts, I’m having difficulty breathing. Everything turned pitch black. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Story will go on haitus

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding. LOL :p