Chapter 16

The Switch

Donghae’s POV

 

I was on the phone with Amber when someone called out to me. I turned towards the voice and was surprised to see Krystal running towards me.

 

“Krys-” I tried to say but was cut off when she threw herself at me and kissed me on the mouth. This certainly surprised me but who cares. I’m kissing THE Krystal Jung. We kissed for what seemed like hours before we broke off from the kiss.

 

“I love you, stupid.” She said with her eyes closed. I didn’t know she felt that way about me.

 

“I love you too.” I said before leaning in to kiss her hard. Do I love her? I don’t know. Do I want to kiss her again? Heck yes!

 

Amber’s POV

 

“Donghae!” a voice called out to me. Thinking that it was Krystal I smiled and turned to face her. To my disappointment it wasn’t her. My smile slowly faded away, my heart felt like it had been broken into a billion little pieces. She came up to me and hooked her arm around mine. “Let’s go.” She said. I was in too much pain to say anything so I just let her drag me around.

 

I came home after I escaped from the girl who till now I still don’t know her name. I was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling. How stupid must I have been to even think that it was Krystal who wrote that letter? How stupid must I have been to have my hopes up only to have it come crashing down? How stupid must I have been to fall for her? I pitied my stupid self when the door to my room slammed open.

 

“Am!!! You will not believe what just happened??” Hyung came in shouting excitedly. I put on a fake smile before answering him.

 

“What happened?”

 

“Krystal Jung kissed me!!! She said she loves me!!” he shouted. When I thought my broken heart couldn’t have been broken any more than it already had I was wrong. The little shards broke into a gazillion more pieces.

 

“What’s wrong, Am?” Donghae said with a worried face.

 

“It’s nothing, I’m just surprised.” I said faking a bright smile. “So tomorrow you will go back to school then.” I stated while trying to hold back my tears.

 

“W-what? But Am, I thought we agreed till the end of the week!” he retorted. If I go to school I will not be able to forget my feelings for her. I don’t want to betray you, hyung.

 

“Since you two are together now there will be times where she wants to kiss you. Do you really want her to kiss me?” I said. Please just agree hyung.

 

“Yah! I won’t allow you to kiss her! I’ll be going to school tomorrow.” I smiled before nodding my head. “I should go to sleep early then. Good night, llama!” he got up to leave. Before he could leave though I called out to him.

 

“Hyung, look after her.” I said. Please don’t hurt her. I entrust her to you.

 

“You don’t have to tell me.” he meronged then left.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

When I woke up there was a note on the kitchen table.

 

Since my work here is done I’ll be returning back to the university. Call me if you need any comfort when she abuses you.

                                                                                    -Amber Liu

 

“The least you could do is say bye in person.” I said. I headed towards my room to change into work clothes. I can’t wait to see Krystal. I can finally kiss and touch her all I want and not get slap for it.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

“Have you noticed that Donghae’s back to his normal self?” I asked Mr. Kim since he was closest to Donghae.

 

“Yes, I’ve noticed it too. I thought I was the only who felt it.” Mr. Kim said.

 

“Hey, baby. Want to go get some lunch?” Donghae came in, interrupting our conversation.

 

“You go ahead. I’ll follow once I finish grading these.”  I said pretending to focus on the student’s test.

 

“Oh, okay. See you soon babe.” He kissed my cheeks before heading out. Seeing that he left I turned back to Mr. Kim.

 

Heechul’s POV

 

I knew the second I saw him that Donghae’s back. People who don’t know about their switch would think that the effects of his “concussion’ wore off causing him to revert back to his normal self but that’s not how it is. The person that everyone’s in love with was Amber.The person that everyone found to be kind and gentle was Amber. The person that Krystal fell in love with was Amber. Not Donghae.

 

“Where could you be, Am?” I whispered softly.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

This isn’t the Donghae I fell for. He keeps trying to touch me in places I do not want him to.

 

“Donghae, stop. What if the students see us?” I slapped his hand away. The students seeing us was just an excuse. I don’t like him touching me. I don’t like his touches. What happened to the warm tingling feeling whenever his arm brushed against mine?? What happened to the sweetness that he showed me??

 

“Babe, this is what couples do. We touch each other.” He said while trying to touch me again. I tried getting away from his touches but I was backed up in a corner.

 

“DONGHAE!!” I heard a shout then I felt him being forcibly pulled away from me. I looked up to see an angry Mr. Kim.

 

“What the hell, man!!” Donghae shouted. All the shouting had gotten people’s attention. Students and teachers peeked out of their classroom to see what’s going on.

 

We were called into the head master’s office to have a talk for disturbing the student’s studies with our personal affairs. Mr. Kim was still angry towards Donghae for unknown reasons. I thought they were the best of friends, they seemed to be getting all chummy the last few days but now I don’t know. I’m not sure of what’s going on anymore.

 

School ended and Donghae waited for me to be finish with grading papers. As we walked down the school yard he took my hand. Although I felt uncomfortable I put on a fake smile. I stopped at the tree that brought us together, reminiscing about those sweet moments.

 

“Babe, why are you stopping here? Let’s go.” Donghae said before pulling me away from my spot. I was speechless. Did that moment mean nothing to him? And what’s with calling me babe, babe, babe? What happened to princess? What happened to you Donghae? I fought back the tears that were threatening to fall.

 

Donghae and I have been in a relationship for a week now. I never once felt those sparks, those tingling sensations, those butterflies, those sweet moments. They all ceased to exist just like how my feelings for him ceased to develop. I’m with him because I’m still waiting for the Donghae that I fell for to come back.

 

“Krys, wait. Do you have time right now? I want to introduce you to someone close to me.” Without waiting for me to answer he took my hand and dragged me with him. We arrived at the restaurant, the same restaurant that I ran out on him after splashing him with water. He pulled me with him towards a table.

 

“Just wait a moment, she’ll be here.” he said. I just nodded my head. I was looking out the window when he suddenly stood up and called someone over.

 

“Amber!! Over here!” I wonder who this Amber person is. I do not want to meet any of his past lovers or flings or of that like. My head was hung low when that person approached us. “Krystal meet Amber, my little sister.” I slowly lifted my head to greet this person but froze when I saw 'his' face.

 

“D-Donghae?” I questioned. He, no she, smiled at me. Ba-thump.