Chapter 13

The Switch

A/N: I tried jacfletch. sorry if its not up to your expectations. i never was good at describing things like this lol

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Donghae led the way to the ring-like thing in the middle of the field. The spectators started clapping upon our arrival. It feels like we’re in a gladiator movie where we’re on our way into the arena to fight to the death. It honestly scared me a little. I grabbed hold of Donghae’s hand and he squeezed my hand in return making my heart skip a beat. My mouth curved into a small smile, so small that you’ll need a microscope to be able to see.

 

As we were face to face with the remaining teams I found out that one of them were Kai’s. His team consisted of him and two other boys; the other team consisted of 3 male also. It seems like we’re at a disadvantage since our team consisted of 1 male and 2 female. Kai smiled innocently to me and when he thought that I wasn’t looking he smirked evilly at Donghae. Donghae glared at him and squeezed my hand a little tighter. I wonder what could have happened to make the two be at each other’s throats when they both just met two hours ago.

 

The person in charge of the event came to us and told us the new rule for the event’s end. Each team will send in a player and it’ll be a 1vs1vs1. The last person still with their nametag will take the 400 points for their team. We were given ten minutes to discuss the lineup. The ten minutes are crucial to us seeing how our team is at the most disadvantage. I see two possible actions the other two teams can make. One, they will fight amongst themselves since our team has 2 girls, making it easy for them to eliminate us later for an easy win. Or two, they will eliminate us right away seeing how we ARE 2 girls and we can’t beat their strengths. I’m hoping for the first to happen.

 

I probably might have jinxed us seeing how the two teams went with the second action. Suzy and I were eliminated right away. We didn’t even get a chance to fight back. Kai’s team still had all 3 players, the other team still had 3 players and our team only had Donghae. Our chances of winning were slim. Very slim.

 

“Donghae, you better get us that win! You hear me???” I shouted when Donghae made his way towards the ring.

 

He stopped and turned back to face Suzy and I, or was it just me? Before answering he showed me his most handsome smile. “Yes, princess. Your wish is my command.” He playfully bowed. This caused the spectators of students and faculty to laugh and applaud. I tried to suppress the smile that was slowly creeping up on my face. Even if we don’t get the win it was enough knowing that he was willing to face 6 boys just to get me 400 points.

 

Donghae walked into the ring. Looks like the two teams had teamed up again against us. The image of Donghae slowly rolling up his sleeve was so damn hot and y. If I wasn’t surrounded by people I would have had a nosebleed. Donghae continued to take off his watch, loosen his tie and ed the top three buttons of his white dress shirt. It was at this moment in my life did I ever so badly want to have a photographic memory. I’ll be secretly clicking away and storing the pictures forever in my mind. I became annoyed when I saw flashes from cellphones go off like crazy.

 

“Yah, it’s against school policy to have your cellphones on you!! Give them to me, I’m confiscating them all!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Was what I wanted to say but instead I bit down on my lips and tightened my grip. I released a sigh when I knew that he had just gotten more fangirls. I released a louder sigh when I saw that even the female teachers are busy taking shots of him.

 

“Princess!” my head snapped up to the voice. Donghae was half turned around, waving and smiling his dorky smile at me. I couldn’t help but chuckle at the scene. He was just like a kid waving to his mother to get her attention to watch him do something cool.

 

The charge blew the whistle starting the round. The two boys tried grabbing onto each of his arm but Donghae was swift and kept evading them. When one of the boys lost his tempered and charged at Donghae, Donghae quickly used the boy’s momentum to spin him around. It happened so fast that the only reason we knew the boy was out was from the deafening sound of Velcro being ripped off. The spectators erupted in a cheer when the nametag came falling to the ground. The round was stopped as another boy replaced his ousted teammate. When I had thought that the two teams had teamed up again, Kai’s boy quickly ousted his ‘partner’. This left Kai’s team with 3 players, the other team and our team with 1 player each.

 

The only teams competing for the 400 points were Kai’s team who had him and a boy left and our team who has Donghae. Donghae had shown so many sides to him throughout the day that I have no more words to describe him. I feel that I may have judged him all too quickly; maybe he wasn’t all erted like I had thought. The charge blew the whistle signaling for Kai to replace his ousted teammate. Donghae had just ripped off the boy’s nametag when they were on the floor fighting for dominance. Donghae was panting heavily and was sweating a lot. Although he looked handsome all covered in sweat I worried about him.

 

“Donghae!” I shouted as I ran towards him. He gave me a smile even though he was panting. I pulled my sleeve to cover my palm before dabbing his forehead dry. His face reddened and his smile grew wider. The spectators awed making me self-conscious.

 

“Go win this.” I said before quickly taking my leave.

 

He didn’t say anything and turned towards Kai. Their battle was unlike the previous ones. It was not because Kai was on the same level as him but because Kai was playing dirty. It’s so obvious that Kai is playing dirty even the spectators are booing him but the charge isn’t calling any foul play since Kai always seems to block his view. Kai slammed Donghae hard against the floor and pushed hard on his ribs before smirking. He tried to take Donghae’s nametag off but Donghae gathered enough strength to flip the table around. Now it was Kai who was pinned to the ground by the shoulder. Donghae must have put a little strength on it seeing how Kai can’t get back up. Whenever Kai reached for Donghae’s nametag Donghae would reflect it off just like in those action movies. I wondered if he studied martial arts before seeing how he has been using martial art techniques on countless accounts. In a swift move Donghae ripped off Kai’s nametag. The spectators cheered loudly as Donghae got off of Kai who was still lying on the ground panting.

Instead of sharing the win with the crowd Donghae came running out from the ring to envelope me in a tight hug. Ba-thump ba-thump. Whistles, awws, claps, you name it, was heard. He smiled sheepishly before setting me down.

 

“So, is the princess happy for this servant’s win?” Donghae asked while hand still around my waist.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Same time at the airport)

 

 

 

 

 

“Finally, I’m back. There really is no place like home.”

 

“Donghae, you’re finally here!!!”