Chapter 17

The Switch

A/N: This will be a short update. I probably might not be able to update for a few days since I'll be busy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krystal’s POV

 

“D-Donghae?” I questioned. He, no she, smiled at me. Ba-thump.

 

“Hi, I’m Amber Liu.” She flashed a dorky smile before extending a hand out. I’ve seen that smile before. I know that smile. She faked a cough snapping me out of my thoughts.

 

“O-oh right, sorry. I’m Krystal Jung.” I said I as I took her hand. ~Zing~ This is the sensation I’ve been looking for. This is the sensation that I’ve been longing for. I stared at her face, her eyes. Just who are you?

 

“Great! Now that we all know one another let’s eat!” Donghae said loudly. Donghae sat down quickly grabbing a menu while Amber and I were still gazing at each other.

 

“Please, sit.” She said pulling my chair out for me. My gaze was still on her as I slowly sat down. She took the seat across from Donghae and I. Throughout the whole meal I kept stealing glances at her while the two talked and laugh.

 

“Sorry Am, I can’t send her home. Do you mind taking her home for me?” Donghae asked her. I saw that she hesitated before nodding her head. He then turned to me, “I’m sorry I can’t take you home, babe. Have a good night.” He leaned in for a kiss. From the corner of my eyes I saw that Amber looked away. Pain and sadness were apparent in her eyes. Why?

 

Amber drove me home. It was an awkward silence since I didn’t know what to say. I stared at her as she drove. It has been half an hour already when we pulled up to my place yet I was just sitting there in her car. I didn’t want to leave, she didn’t make me leave. After an hour I figured that I should head inside and let her get home.

 

“You didn’t have to send me home but thank you for doing so.” I said before opening the passenger’s door. As I was half way out she called out.

 

“Krys-No, it’s nothing. Have a good night…” Thinking that she was done saying whatever she wanted to say I began closing the door. Just before the car door closed all the way I managed to hear her last words. “princess.” I stood there with eyes widen and mouth opened as her car disappeared from my view. Princess? This does not make sense at all!!!

 

Amber’s POV

 

“Hey, Ambro! Why have you been so down these past few days, man?” Key asked as he and I were walking home since our classes were done for the day. “We’re all happy that you’re back after going MIA on us but at least tell us what happened.”

 

“Nothing happened. I just helped Donghae hyung out a bit.” I said. Well, it is the truth.

 

“There’s more to that seeing how you’re practically lifeless, bro.” Key added. I shrugged.

 

When we were a few blocks away from the apartment a car pulled up to us. The driver quickly got out of his car and rushed to me. “H-Heechul?? What are you doing here?” I asked. He grabbed me by the collar and pushed me inside of his car. Did he really just kidnap me in broad daylight? I can see that Key was panicking. His face was hilarious. Heechul drove us to a quiet place before parking and turning towards me. I gulped.

 

“Why?” he asked.

 

“Why what?” I pretend I didn’t know what he meant.

 

“Don’t play stupid with me, Am. Why? Why did you let Donghae steal Krystal from you?!! Why didn’t you tell Krystal the truth?!? Answer me!” he asked in one quick breath. I turned away not wanting to answer. “She loves you, Am. Not Donghae. Why are you playing with her like this?? Don’t you know? Every day she waits for the gentle and caring Donghae to come back. But it’s never going to happen because he isn’t you!” I didn’t answer him so after a while he gave up and left. I watched as Heechul’s car disappear around the corner.

 

“Because I can’t steal the person he loves again, hyung. I’m sorry.” I said as I hung my head low. I walked back to the apartment with a heavy heart.

 

“Yo! Llama! Get your to ******* now. If you’re late I will never forgive you!” hyung shouted over the phone before hanging up. I ruffled my hair in frustration. At least let me answer first, stupid brother. I unwillingly got up and put on my best casual clothes before making my way to the meeting place. I don’t know why he wants to meet up, guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

 

As I got to the place I recognized it as the restaurant I took Krystal to. Yes, the one where she dumped water on my head before running out. I small smile crept up onto my face as I remembered her. I made my way inside and tried looking for him but had a hard time since it was pretty pack. My head flicked around when I heard someone shout my name. When I saw hyung jumping up and down, flagging me I couldn’t help but smile at the scene. As I walked closer to his table I saw that he was not alone. When I saw the person’s physique I immediately knew who it was. My heart quickened and I wanted to get out as fast as I could but it was too late.

 

“Krystal meet Amber, my little sister.” I put on a straight face and played it cool despite my racing heart.

 

“D-Donghae?” She called. Ba-thump. I’ve missed her sweet voice oh so much. I reached my hand out to pull her in for a hug but when my hand reached halfway to her I stopped when I remembered I couldn’t. Not anymore.

 

“Hi, I’m Amber Liu.” I said so it seemed like my extended hand was for a shake and not a hug. Having a feeling that she might piece the pieces together I faked a cough to interrupt any of her wandering thoughts. Throughout the whole meal I can feel her eyes on me. Princess, please don’t look at me like that. Donghae told me to send her home since he has other business to attend to. I hesitated but agreed. Even in the car her eyes never left me causing me to shake in nervousness. When we got to her apartment she stayed in the car. I didn’t mind since I wanted to spend as much time as possible with her. Although we stayed there for an hour and a half it only felt like ten minutes. She surprised me by suddenly thanking me then quickly made a move to leave. I called out to her because I didn’t want her to go but then I remembered hyung and backed down.

 

“No, it’s nothing. Have a good night.” I said and when she closed the door I added “princess.” My heart was in too much pain, I quickly headed towards my apartment. I need the guys to help me get over the pain.