Chapter 23

The Switch

Amber’s POV

 

“Nice to see you again, Am.” She smiled before running to me and kissing me. My eyes widen. I pushed her away from me and wiped my lips with my sleeve.

 

“W-what are you doing here?!” I asked her again. How did she find me? Does hyung know that she’s here?

 

“I’m here to be with you, silly.” She trailed a finger from my forehead down to my nose. I shivered at her touch. It doesn’t seem like I’ll be free of her any time soon.

 

“Come on, bro. Don’t be like that to Hyuna-shi.” The guys said. If only they knew that she was hyung’s fiancé who left hyung at the altar for me. I faked a smile before turning towards the guys.

 

“Uhm…guys? I’ll just talk to Hyuna noona alone if you don’t mind.” I asked them.

 

“Sure. Go right ahead you love birds.” Key said wiggling his eyebrows before leaving. The others followed. When I saw that they were gone I swiftly turned towards her and grab her wrist.

 

“Why are you here?! Leave. Now.” I stated coldly. I could see pain in her eyes. No, Amber. Don’t look at her eyes. Just make her leave. I dragged her towards the front door and opened it for her, avoiding her gaze. “Leave now and don’t come back.” I said. I don’t want her here, I don’t want to see her. Although hyung no longer feels anything towards her I still hate her for leaving him at the altar. The humiliation he must have felt, the pain he must have felt, how heartbroken he must have been to see his fiancé choose his sister.

 

“I’ll leave, but I’ll be back.” She said. Before she left she kissed me again and then ran out. Dammit! Stop kissing me! I don’t love you!

 

“So….did you two make up and make out?” Key asked when I returned into the living room.

 

“Am, just forgive her.” Minho stated.

 

“Yeah, Am. We can see how much she loves you during that kiss.” Henry added in.

 

“Guys! Stop it, don’t believe her story. I never was in a relationship with her. I never loved her.” I told them. They gasped. I ended up telling them the whole story.

 

“So you’re saying that she’s a crazy who is obsessed with you.” Henry summarized it. I nodded.

 

“Dude, we didn’t know. If we knew we wouldn’t have let her into your room.” Key said.

 

“You what?!! You let her into my room? How could you?” I shouted. What if she did something crazy in there? What if she set up a hidden camera? What if she cursed my room? Worst, what if she slept on my bed? I shivered at the thought. “Great! Now I have to go burn the place.” I don’t think I’ll be able to get any sleep tonight.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

I’m worried. I know how psychopathic Hyuna can be. I don’t want her hanging around Amber. I never told Amber the real story. She thinks that she stole my fiancé from me and was the cause of my failed wedding but in fact I was grateful that she stopped it. However, in the process I’ve hurt Amber. I need to tell her the real story and if she hates me, it’s what I deserve. I texted her to meet me at my place tomorrow after school.

 

“Am, I’ve got something to tell you.” I told her everything from start to finish. How I never loved Hyuna, how everything was a façade, how I never wanted the wedding, and of course how I got a girl pregnant. She didn’t say anything and just left my apartment. This is what you deserve I told myself.

 

Amber’s POV

 

I was shocked. So I didn’t ruin hyung’s wedding. I didn’t steal his fiancé. I wasn’t the one at fault. No matter how angry I am with hyung I can’t stay angry for him for long. He had his reason for what he did and he is still my hyung. We were just two unlucky siblings who met Hyuna noona.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I didn’t feel those sensations anymore. After the camping trip those feelings ceased to exist again. I know that something is off. I know that something is going on but I don’t know what exactly. I was walking down the streets with Jessie unnie. We just got done with shopping when I bumped into someone. There’s that sensation again. I was about to shout to that someone when I saw who it is.

 

“Amber?” I asked. She looked around first then helped me pick up my bags.

 

“I’m sorry, princess. I’ve got to go.” She said it so fast I couldn’t even catch what she said. After Amber ran off a woman ran by trying to look for someone.

 

“I’m sorry, did you see a handsome girl run by?” she asked me. I think she’s talking about Amber but for some reason I didn’t want her to chase after her. I pointed my finger in a different direction and then she ran off. I don’t know why I did such a thing but who cares. The llama seemed like she needed help getting rid of that woman.

 

“Krystal, wasn’t that Donghae?” Jessie unnie asked when she came to me. So it’s not just me who thinks she looks too much like Donghae. Hearing that she mistook Amber as Donghae too gave me courage to speak what’s been on my mind.

 

“Unnie, do you think that it’s possible for the two to have switched? I mean they both look so alike you wouldn’t even know who’s who.” I told her. She burst out laughing at my assumption. “Unnie! Take this seriously! You remember when I told you that I’ll get these sensations every once in a while but then it’ll disappear?” she nodded her head. “Every time I’m with Donghae I never got those feelings. But when I’m with her, my heart skips a beat, I get those tingling sensations, I get nervous, an electric shock will run throughout my body. When she bumped into me just now I felt it again.” She stopped to think about it.

 

“You really think the two switched places?” she asked.

 

“It has to be the case. It’ll explain everything that’s happened so far.” I told her.

 

“How would we know? We can’t just go up to Donghae and ask him about it. He could deny everything.” I paused to think. That’s true. “Is there something that only you know about Donghae?” I told her everything I know.

 

“Call Donghae tonight and tell him to bring Amber with him tomorrow to your place.” I nodded my head. “I’ll call the girls and maybe even Mr. Kim.”

 

That night I called Donghae and told him to bring Amber. He asked me why but I didn’t answer and just hung up. I stared at the ceiling. How would I react if it really is Amber who posed as Donghae? Or what if it really was Donghae? There’s no use thinking about it now. I’ll just have to wait and see tomorrow.

 

“So why are we all here?” Mr. Kim asked. Everyone was sitting in my living room. Tiffany unnie, Sunny unnie, Yuri unnie, Victoria unnie, Mr. Kim, Donghae, and Amber.

 

“The girls and I are hungry. We called you guys, plus Amber, to cook for us.” Jessie stated.

 

“Why are we cooking for you ladies when you can cook for yourself?” Mr. Kim asked. Jessie gave an icy glare with shut him right up. I saw Donghae gulp nervously while Amber just sat there staring at me. Ba-thump.

 

“Well aren’t you guys going to go cook?” Jessie unnie asked. Amber was the first one to stand up.

 

“What would you ladies like to eat?” she asked.

 

“Surprise us! Anything is fine as long as it’s delicious.” The girls shouted.

 

“Will do.” Amber smiled before dragging Donghae and Mr. Kim.

 

“So, do you know who it is yet?” Jessie unnie whispered to me. The other girls seeing us whispered asked us what it is we’re exactly trying to accomplish. Unnie ended up telling our test to see if they really switched places or not. The girls decided to help because they think it’ll be a fun game. I don’t mind, the more the merrier.

 

“So what’s the plan right now?” Sunny unnie asked.

 

“Donghae came over to cook Krys dinner one night. We want to find out who, Amber or Donghae.” Jessie unnie told them. We tiptoed towards the kitchen to see. When we got there we saw Donghae and Amber expertly cooking while Mr. Kim made a mess of everything he touched.

 

“It looks like the two knows how to cook. What are we going to do now?” Tiffany unnie whispered. This is going to be harder than it looks. We ate the delicious meal that the two plus Mr. Kim prepared for us. Cooking =failed

 

We took them to a basketball court. Donghae was really good at basketball based on sports day.We split the group up into two teams. Amber was on one team and Donghae was on the other. I sighed heavily when I saw that the two were equally good at basketball. Maybe I will never know. Basketball=failed

 

Next, we took the group karaoking. Donghae knows how to play the guitar and is a great singer. Turns out the karaoke place didn’t have any guitars so I couldn’t tell. Amber played the piano while Donghae sung. Unnie glanced at me, I shook my head. This is really hard. Karaoking=failed

 

Running out of ideas the group decided to head home since it was already night time. “Thanks for sending me home.” I said to Donghae and Amber before opening the car door. Donghae followed me out while Amber just sat inside staring at her lap. Donghae was about to kiss me a good night but I pulled away. I didn’t feel comfortable kissing Donghae now that I’m suspicious of the two switching places. Donghae left disappointedly. As the two drove away my eyes were glued onto Amber’s disappearing figure.