Chapter 19

The Switch

Krystal’s POV

 

Donghae and I have been together for two months now. Even though I have Donghae I can’t help but feel that something’s missing, that I’m incomplete. I’ve tried asking my unnies for help but they don’t help much.

 

“Soojung-ah, a relationship goes through many states. In the beginning there’s those sweet and loving moments but over time it slowly fiddles away because you’ve become too comfortable with that person. Donghae may feel that he doesn’t have a need to show it as often. That’s how most relationships are.” Is all they say however no matter how many times I keep telling myself this it just doesn’t work. I have a strong feeling that something isn’t right to begin with.

 

With the school’s camping trip I plan to get closer to him. Maybe it was me all along and not Donghae.

 

“Once you’ve put your bags away please come check in with me before entering the bus!” I shouted to the mingling students. This was supposed to be Donghae’s job but he hasn’t shown up yet. The last time I checked, which was last night, he said that he’ll be here for sure. With a sigh I started checking the students in.

 

“Suzy, Bae Suzy.” she said checking in.

 

“Okay, I’ve got you down. You may enter the bus when you’re ready.” I said while looking down at the check in sheet, checking her in.

 

“Ms. Jung? Where is Mr. Liu?” she asked. I looked up at her.

 

“I’m not exactly sure but I think he’ll be here before we depart.” I said before looking back down as I checked in more students. She left after nodding and headed towards the bus.

 

 I would be blind not to see that Suzy had a crush on Donghae. Had, not have because after sports day she suddenly distanced herself from him. She started ignoring him and every once in a while I will catch her coldly looking at him in disgust. I wonder why. Did something happen?

 

Suzy’s POV

 

I knew two months ago that Mr. Liu has returned. Mr. Liu, no he’s not Mr. Liu it’s just Amber now since he’s not a teacher anymore. Amber disappeared without a word. I hate Ms. Jung. I thought she was in love with Amber but she can’t even tell the difference between Amber and Mr. Liu. It ticked me off when I saw her kissing Mr. Liu the other day. This made me question did she really love Amber to begin with? If she did, how can she not know? Amber and Mr. Liu are two completely different people. How do you not know the person you love??

 

I decided to ask her indirectly about Amber after checking in with her. “Ms. Jung? Where is Mr. Liu?” I asked.

 

“I’m not exactly sure but I think he’ll be here before we depart.” She said before checking in more students. I nodded, disappointed in her, before leaving. She really doesn’t know that there were two Mr. Lius. She doesn’t know anything. I shouldn’t have given Amber up to a person like this I scolded myself. If ever I were to meet Amber again I will surely hold onto him. I won’t give him up so easily a second time.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

We were all on the bus just waiting for Donghae. I turned to the empty seat next to me. Donghae should be sitting here next to me by now but he isn’t. What could have made Donghae late today I wondered. Just then the bus door opened and came in a smiling Donghae. Ba-tump. There it is, the dorky smile that I’ve long so much to see. Why is his smile today different?? I tried calming down my racing heart before calling him over to sit next to me. He hesitantly made his way over, why?

 

“Morning.” I said when he sat down.

 

He turned to face the window, I tiled my head, and then in a soft whisper I heard him greet back. “Good morning too, princess.” Ba-thump. Seriously what is wrong with me today? It was just a greeting like every other day yet I can’t explain it. What’s this sensation, this feeling?? We quietly sat next to one another; it felt awkward like I haven’t sat next to him in a long time when in fact I sat next to him just yesterday.

 

Suzy’s POV

 

Everyone was on the bus. We’re just waiting for Mr. Liu to show up because he’s late. Gosh! He picks today of all days to be late. I was cussing and hating him in my mind when the bus door opened, revealing a smiling Mr. Liu. Ba-thump. It wasn’t Mr. Liu, it was Amber. I haven’t seen him in two months. Why is he here? Where is Mr. Liu? Don’t tell me they are switching places again?!?

 

I watched as Amber walked over to Ms. Jung hesitantly. Of course he would be hesitant. The woman that he loves is dating his brother who she thinks is him. Wow, their situation is messed up. Amber turned to face outside the window, ignoring Ms. Jung’s presence. This will be your chance I told myself. “Sorry, Ms. Jung. I will not give him up a second time to you, you who can’t even recognize the person you ‘love’.” I stated determinedly in my head and smirked.

 

“Suzy, why are you smirking out of the blue? It’s creepy.” I turned towards my friend and mouthed “It’s. A. Secret.” Before turning back to stare at the person I missed.

 

Amber’s POV

 

I woke up due to the annoying beeping of my phone. “Argh!” I shouted before grabbing it and flipping it on. After my eyes adjusted to the light I saw that it was Donghae texting me.

 

Hae Hyung: Amber!! Are you awake??

 

Hae Hyung: YAH! WAKE UP, LLAMA!!!

 

Hae Hyung: If you don’t wake up this instant I will come kill you!

 

Hae Hyung: I’m just kidding, llama! Don’t be upset at me. Please wake up. Please!!!

 

Wow, I received a lot of text messages from him. So early in the morning too. Letting out a sigh I texted him back.

 

Llama: Yes, hyung. What’s so important that you have to wake me up so early in the morning for?

 

Hae Hyung: Finally! You know how long I waited for you??

 

Llama: Get to the point, hyung. If not I’ll go back to sleep.

 

Hae Hyung: Awww fine, fine! I need you to replace me again. The school’s having a camping trip and I have to go chaperon however s-something came up last minute and I can’t make it. I need your help, PLEASE!!!

 

What?? I have to replace him again?? I don’t want to!

 

Hae Hyung: PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! Pretty please with a cherry on top!

 

Llama:ARGH! Fine! However, you owe me you got it??

 

Hae Hyung: :D I knew I can count on you. Love you, llama! Have fun! Btw the bus leaves in half an hour.

 

Llama: What?? You should have told me sooner!!!

 

Hae Hyung: Hey, you were the one not picking up, stupid. Don’t blame me. And stop wasting time. Go!

 

I grunted before dashing off into the bathroom and fixing myself. I quickly grab my duffle bags and threw in clothes, not even bothering to fold them. I sped to the school and felt a heavy lifted when I saw the bus was still there. After parking my car I ran to the bus and pounded on the door. It slid open and I climbed in with a happy smile. All of a sudden I heard a familiar voice calling for me. Ba-thump. Crap! I forgot that she’ll be here too. I hesitantly went towards her to sit in the empty seat next to her.

 

“Morning.” she greeted when I sat down. I quickly turned to face the window to hide the blush that was on my face from earlier when my arm brushed against her.

 

“Good morning too, princess.” I said in a whisper. We just sat quietly, not exchanging any words throughout the ride.

 

I was listening to music on my Ipod when I tensed up. Her head had slipped and landed on my shoulder. I slowly turned my head to see her beautiful sleeping face when my lips accidently brushed against her forehead. I blushed madly quickly turning away. When I stopped blushing I turned towards her again. You’re still as beautiful as when I last saw you, princess. Seeing that her head was slipping off due to the bumpy road I quickly held her head in place and put an arm around her. I moved around a bit to make it more comfortable for her when I stopped moving. Ba-thump ba-thump ba-thump. My heart raced as she puts her arms around me and snuggled into my chest. A small smile formed on her lips. I looked away when I noticed that I was staring at my brother’s girlfriend’s lips longer than I should.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I woke up feeling cold when I noticed my source of warmth was gone but quickly smiled when I remembered my dream. Donghae had sweetly kissed me on the forehead and pulled me in his embrace. I stood up to stretch and made my way out of the bus. It seems like we were already at the campsite. How come no one woke me up?

 

Walking around aimlessly I found the students preparing their lunches.

 

“Ms. Jung! You’re finally awake! Please come help us. We don’t know how to cook!” a student shouted.

 

“I…err, y-you see-” I started but was cut off when Donghae came by with a stack of firewood.

 

“Ms. Jung here doesn’t know how to cook.” He said with a toothy smile. I looked down blushing, feeling ashamed and embarrassed for this fact.

 

He walked over to them and helped them chop up the ingredients before cooking it. I smiled remembering the time he cooked for me.

 

“…cess. Princess!” a shout woke me up from my daydreaming.

 

“Y-yes?” I asked feeling my blood rising to my cheeks.

 

He smiled a gentle smile before taking hold of my hand. Ba-thump. As soon as his hand brushed against mine I felt an electric current run through my body. Here’s the feeling again.

 

“I said it’s time to eat.” He said before leading me to a table full of food. Seeing all the food he prepared my stomach growled.

 

“S-sorry.” I stuttered. He and the students chuckled. What’s wrong with me today?

 

“It’s alright. Here, please sit.” He gestured to an open spot at the end of the bench. Seeing that there was only one spot I hesitated, I didn’t want to sit there without him. I think he knew why I was hesitating because he pushed me to sit and motioned for me to stay before quickly running off somewhere. After a few seconds he brought back a folding chair, I don’t know from where, but he did. He placed the chair at the end of the table before grinning.

 

“Now that you have your servant here, you can eat right?” he leaned in to whisper in my ear. I turned bright red because his lips brushed my ear.

 

“Ms. Jung, why is your face red?” a student asked. I nervously tried to come up with an answer but failed.

 

“Ms. Jung is feeling a little hot. She’s can’t take extreme hotness.” He said with a smirk while looking at me. I know he’s teasing me but I don’t care. I’m loving this. This closeness, this sweetness, this hotness.