Chapter 24

The Switch

Amber’s POV

 

The guys and I were running towards the university. We stayed up all night playing games and we weren’t able to wake up on time. I was in the lead since I got out of the apartment first. Just another turn and we’ll be at the university. However, when I took the turn I bumped into someone. This caused that person to fall. Instinctively I grabbed onto that person and pulled them towards me. When I was about to let go and apologize the person hugged me tighter. I pulled my head back a little to see who it was and when I did I tried pushing her harder but she wouldn’t budge.

 

“Am, why did you sto-” Key stopped talking when he saw who was hugging me. I made a face to help me. When the other guys got there they each took her hand and tried freeing me but couldn’t. They didn’t want to hurt her. No matter how crazy she is she is still a woman. I ended up walking to school with her glued to my side. Throughout the whole day she did not leave my side. When it got dark she finally let go. I let out a sigh.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow. Okay honey?” she said with a smile. I didn’t answer and she turned to leave. Seeing that she was leaving I let my guard down. I shouldn’t have since the next thing I know she’s already kissing me. She smirked then left. My mouth was still opened trying to figure what just happened. When I snapped out of it I vigorously scrubbed my lips with my sleeve.

 

“Guys, I think I’ll be leaving Korea.” I told them when I walked into the living room.

 

“WHAT? WHY?” they all shouted.

 

“You know why.” I said releasing a loud sigh.

 

“Hyuna-shi?” I nodded dejectedly.

 

“Bro, don’t do anything too drastic. We’ll help you. We’ll hide you from her. We’ll protect you. Leaving Korea isn’t a solution. She’ll just follow you.” Minho reasoned. What he’s saying is true. She’ll just follow me. Damn, I’ll be stuck with her forever. I wanted to break down and cry. Why am I the one with a stalker when I’m not even a guy? Why can’t Hyuna just pick one of my handsome friends here? An idea popped up in my mind. I grinned widely.

 

“I know that grin. Don’t grin, Am! Don’t grin!” Key shouted.

 

“Let’s hook Hyuna up with Key.” I said with a smirk.

 

“NOOOOOOOO!” Key faked stabbed his heart and fell to his knees. “Someone, anyone! Save me, please!” They shook their heads and left the room.

 

“Thanks for taking her off my hands, buddy.” I patted his back before slowly walking away, leaving him to ‘cry’ in the living room.

 

We were heading out of the apartment to go to school when Hyuna showed up. And just like yesterday she latched herself to my side. I looked over to Key for help.

 

“Ahem..uhm Hyuna-shi c-c-could I hold onto your hand?” he reluctantly extended his hand for her to hold. I wanted to laugh at the face he was making but held it in.

 

“No.” Hyuna noona said before slapping it away. She latched herself back onto me and dragged me off. I turned back to see the guys holding Key down so he wouldn’t chase after her to rip off her head. A small chuckled escaped my mouth.

 

“Aww why is my cutie chuckling to herself?” Hyuna noona said while tapping my nose. I shivered at her touch. She makes me nervous and uncomfortable.

 

Throughout the day Key would try to intervene but Hyuna noona would always physically stop him. One time during lunch Hyuna noona saved me a seat next to her's. I looked at Key for help and seeing my cry for help he gulped nervously before heading over and sitting down in that seat. The next thing everyone knew Key had his on the ground with his food in his hair. Hyuna smiled to me and motioned for me to go take the seat. She really is crazy.

 

We were resting in our living room after Hyuna noona left.

 

“I think you two are close.” I said. The guys laughed at my statement. Key threw me a death glare.

 

“Close, my . Did you not see what she did to me? Did you????” he stood up and shouted dramatically.

 

“I think she’ll be all over him in a week.” I whispered for the guys to hear, ignoring Key.

 

“I think she’ll be all over him in three days.” Henry said.

 

“Should we bet to see how long it’ll take for the two to get together?” Minho asked. We all nodded our head.

 

“Yah, don’t pretend that I’m not here, not hearing anything you guys are saying!” Key shouted. We ignored him again.

 

“I bet 200,000 won they’ll hook up in 4 days top.” Onew started.

 

“155,000 for 3 days.” Henry said.

 

“I’ll bet 200,000 for 6 days.” Minho said.

 

“I think I’ll bet 500,000 for a week.” I said. They all looked at me. “What? I have a lot of money to waste.” I meronged.

 

“I bet 400,000 that I can get her in 2 days.” Key chimed in. We all turned to face him. “What? I want in on the game too.” I shook my head. This isn’t about the betting or the game. This is about getting her to stop liking me.

 

To make long story short we all lost the bet. It’s already the 8th day and still no sign of her leaving me. Everywhere I go she will magically show up. Talk about crazy stalker much.

 

I’m on my way over to hyung’s place. He told me to dress appropriately but didn’t say for what so I didn’t bother dressing appropriately at all. When I got there hyung opened the door for me and let me in. After looking me up and down he started.

 

“I thought I asked you to dress appropriately.” He said with arms crossed, not sounding too amused.

 

“But you didn’t say for what so I dressed appropriately to play some ball.” I shrugged my shoulders. He ruffled my hair before dragging me to his room.

 

“Here, change into this.” He said while throwing his clothes to me.

 

“I’m pretending to be you again?” I asked. He just nodded. “Why?” I finished putting on his clothes and followed him towards the front door.

 

“I need to go see mom and dad for a bit. I'll be late so i need you to supervise my classroom for a while.” He said quickly before opening the door. “By the way, today is the school’s festival and my class decided to do a café. Good luck, Am.” He waved before closing the door.

 

“Aish!” I ruffled my hair in annoyance. Why does he always tell me last minute things?

 

“Mr. Liu! Why are you late?” a student asked.

 

“S-Sorry, I woke up late.” I lied.

 

“It’s okay, we’re not busy. No one is coming in.” the student said sadly. It really is empty. We only had one person who is not even a customer, just someone who needed a resting place.

 

“W-what can I do to help? I’ll do anything.” I told them to cheer them up. Hearing this their frowns turned into a sly smirk. This doesn’t look good at all. I gulped nervously.

 

“Kyaaaaaaaaa! I knew it’ll look good on you!! Now go out there and get us some customers!” they started pushing me out the door. I turned back to raise my hand to reject the idea but then stopped when they dumped a bunch of the café’s pamphlet onto my hand. “Hand these out, too.” They said before slamming the door in my face. Letting out a sigh I turned to walk down the hallways.

 

I felt embarrassed. Everyone was whispering about me. All of a sudden someone bumped into me.

 

“S-s-sorry. I didn’t mean to bump into you miss.” A boy said shyly.

 

“Excuse my friend here for his clumsiness. Hi, I’m Chung-Ho. Are you free anytime soon? I would like to take you out to eat.” He said.

 

“No, I will.” He pushed the boy Chung-Ho away. “Hi, I’m-” he was cut off when another boy came and pushed him away.

 

“H-” this boy didn’t even get to finish saying hi when he got pushed away. This caused a brawl between the three boys. Actually make that five-no, make that eigh-twelv-aish! Too many to count.

 

“Enough!! What is going on here??” a voice shouted from behind me. Hearing that voice my heart skipped a beat. I haven’t heard that voice in a while. I turned around and when she saw me dropped.

 

“D-D-Donghae?!?” she shouted. This caused the boys to stop pushing and turn towards me. Some still had their fists in the air.

 

“H-hi, Krystal.” I said shyly.

 

“W-why are y-you dressed as a g-girl?” she stuttered. I released a chuckle hearing her stuttered.

 

“My class dressed me up as one. You like?” I while twirling the long hair wig arond my finger. Her face became red and she nodded. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud.

 

“WAIT! YOU’RE NOT A GIRL?!?!?!” the boys shouted. I had completely forgotten about them. I hope they won’t kill me, even though I really am a girl.

 

“S-sorry.” I bowed to them. “Please visit our café though. It’s on the third floor.” I said with a smile.

 

“Y-y-yes.” they said. Was it just me or were they blushing? I turned towards Krystal.

 

“So, should we head back so I can change?” I asked her. I started walking towards the classroom when she pulled on the hem of the uniform. I turned towards her and tilted my head. “What is it?” I asked.

 

“C-can I take a picture of you?” I widened my eyes.

 

“No! I won’t live this down!” I told her trying to make a run for it but was too late. She locked her arms around mine and took out her cellphone. After snapping at least a dozen shots she let go.

 

“That was mean.” I told her with a pout. She pinched my cheeks before walking ahead of me. I followed her, rubbing my cheeks.

 

Hyuna‘s POV

 

“Don’t you dare touch her! She’s mine and mine alone.” I hid behind a sign when the two walked passed by. From a distance I trailed the two. Every time I saw Amber steal glances at her I got angrier and angrier.