Chapter 15

The Switch

I feel like i rushed things in this one but oh well. :p

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Amber’s POV

 

Krystal ran out of the restaurant crying. It hurts, my heart hurts. It hurts more than the rejection I received earlier in the car. I was in the midst of standing up to chase after her but I stopped and slowly sat back down. I can’t chase after her. I’ve lost. I thought I could try to at least make her like me a little but I couldn’t. I had my chance and now it’s gone. It’s time for me to step aside and let hyung have his chance.

 

I was trying to fight back the tears that were slowly forming however failed miserably when my sight blurred, tears streaming down my face. I had pulled over to the side since I was in no condition to be driving. Needing something, anything to distract the pain in my heart I pounded my hands on the steering wheel, breaking skin but not enough to make me forget the pain my chest holds onto.

 

It started pouring bringing me back the memories of that time, our time. Or had it only been my time? Did it mean anything to her I wonder. I opened the car door and let the rain pound on me. If only the rain could wash away the pain like how it washes away my tears. I slowly dropped to the ground, crying with the sky. Was it the other way around? The sky crying with me? I wasn’t sure, I just know that we were crying together.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

“Krystal-ah, what happened? If you don’t tell us how would we know how to help?” Tiffany unnie asked me.

 

All I could do was shake my head and sob.

 

“Soojung-ah, please tell us. We’re all here for you.” Sunny unnie said. They kept asking but eventually stopped when I wouldn’t answer to any of their questions. Since I wouldn’t even answer Jessie’s questions she left the room to go get us some drinks and more tissue. My sobbing had started dying down when I was startled by a flash then a loud boom. The heavy rain hitting against my windows could be heard. This brought back the memory of that time under the tree. The first time I noticed Donghae’s gentle side. The first time I noticed his kindness. The first time-I sobbed loudly remembering every moment that happened that rainy night.

 

“Donghae.” I muttered quietly.

 

“Donghae? Who’s Donghae?” Sunny questioned. She must have heard me.

 

PRIANG

 

The sound of crashing utensils caught our attention. We turned toward the sound and saw unnie with a cold and deadly gaze.

 

“What did he do to you?” she asked coldly. When I didn’t answer she shouted, “TELL ME!!!” Her shouting made me shook in fear. I had never seen Jessica this angry before.

 

“N-nothing, unnie. He didn’t do anything.” I told her but she didn’t believe me.

 

“TELL. ME. NOW. OR. YOU. ARE. SLEEPING. OUTSIDE.” She threatened. Oh boy, I’m so dead tonight. I ended up telling the unnies of what happened at the school gate with Suzy, the confession in the car, and the dinner. Jessie unnie calmed down a little after my explanation but she was still pissed off. “I’m still going to kill him for making you cry.”

 

“Anyone mind telling me who Donghae is?” Sunny unnie asked. She wasn’t here when we had the girl’s night out after the rain incident.

 

“Donghae is the guy that Krystal likes.” Tiffany unnie filled her in briefly.

 

“Yah, I clearly told you the last time that I do not like him and I will tell you again. I. do. not. like. him!”shouted.

 

“You clearly like him seeing how you cried your heart out when he ignored you.” Jessie unnie said.

 

“Why didn’t you accept his confession?” Tiffany asked me.

 

“Because I don’t know!!” I shouted out.

 

“Hey, you changed your answer. You said ‘know’ this time.” Sunny unnie pointed out. Jessie and Tiffany unnie gasped. Oh puh-lease. We continued bickering back and forth between the idea of me liking or not liking him. We were going to drop the topic when Sunny added one last statement.

 

“Whatever you say Soojungie, but when someone steals him from you it’ll be too late.” Hearing this made my heart ache in pain. I can’t imagine him showing his dorky smile to any other woman but me. I can’t imagine him calling any other woman princess other than me. I can’t imagine him comforting another woman under a tree other than me.

 

That night I thought all of what the unnies said. Do I like the ex-ert? My heart skipped a beat when I thought about his childishness, his llama-like face, his kind eyes, his voice when saying ‘I love you’, his gentleness, his warmness, his body. Definitely his toned body. A smile crept onto my face when I finally figured out my feelings towards him. I can’t wait until I see him tomorrow. I’ll definitely tell him that I love him too. I fell asleep dreaming about Donghae.

 

Amber’s POV

 

Seeing that the lights were on I screamed as I entered the apartment. “Hyung, are you here?!”

 

“Yeah, how’s my favorite lla-why are you soaked to the bone?” he questioned.

“I was playing in the rain.” I said with a fake smile.

 

“You still do that? You’re too old to do that, llama.” He retorted.

 

“Never too old to have fun.” I stuck out my tongue at him.

 

We sat in the living room chatting. Although my heart just got broken I enjoyed the chat with hyung. It made me forget about her, even if just for a little while.

 

“So how has Krystal been? Is she still hot and y?” he asked with a ie smile. My heart skipped a beat when he mentioned Krystal’s name.

 

“You need to get your eyes check because I don’t find her hot or y.” I lied.

 

“I can’t believe you don’t find her y at all. You really have no taste, Am. Oh well, less competition for me.” he said before getting up to leave the room. I tightened my grip. If only you knew hyung, if only you knew.

 

“Also, can you still pretend to be me? I need to get rid of this jet lag you know? Just till the end of the week.” He said before leaving. Without waiting for me to reply he added “Thank you. Have a good night, bro.”

 

I had wanted to leave her life as quickly as I appeared in it but seems like I have no choice but to face her. I got up and headed towards the guest room to get some rest.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I put on my best attire. I wanted to get Donghae’s attention. I know that he may not want to talk to me for what happened last night but I’ll make him listen. If he doesn’t want to listen I’ll just have to force him to.

 

As I walked into the school yard I was greeted by the students. I came to a halt and a smile crept up onto my face as I stood in front of the tree. Our tree. I turned my head towards the entrance when I heard some screaming and shouting. The students were running to greet someone it seems. It was too crowded so I couldn’t see who but when they were just a few feet away from me my heart quickened.

 

“Donghae.” I muttered under my breath. He was smiling and laughing with the students. He looked so handsome today. When he noticed me he hesitated for a split second before giving a little bow then continued walking towards the school. Was it just me or does it seem like he’s acting like we’re strangers?

 

Every time I approached him he always said that he must be somewhere. It got to the point where he would just run the other way whenever he sees me. I couldn’t confess to him, how could I if he won’t even talk to me?

 

“Unnie.” I said as I slumped over the desk and sighed. We were in the teacher’s lounge since we didn’t have any class.

 

“What is it, Krys? Why the long sigh?” she said putting the papers away.

 

“I can’t approach Donghae. Every time I try to approach him he runs away.” I said dejectedly.

 

“Should I hold him down for you?” she said in a serious tone.

 

“No, no, no!” I quickly retorted. She shrugged.

 

“If you can’t get him to stay to talk to you just do what I did. Write a letter and put it on his desk. It worked. Look at us now.” Unnie said smiling as she looked over to the picture of a couple hugging on her desk.

 

“Donghae and Yuri are not the same. What if he finds it stupid?” I asked worriedly.

 

“You have no other options. Either you do that or give up trying to confess.” Her attention turns towards her paperwork signaling that it was the end of the conversation.

 

I thought about it long and hard. What have I got to lose? He won’t talk to me either way so I did what unnie suggested. I wrote a letter, folded it a few times, put it in a white envelope, and placed it on his desk for him to see.I hid behind a door as I watched him pick up the envelope, turned it around a few times, scratch his head, then put it in his bag. I smiled knowing that he’ll read what I wrote.

 

“I’ll see you tonight.” I whispered before walking down the hallways.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

It’s quarter pass two when I woke up. I stretched a little then headed towards the bathroom to perform my morning routines.

 

“Am!!” I shouted as I came out of the room. I chuckled to myself. I forgot that she’s at school now. I put on some clothes to head out in search for something to eat. I entered a bakery and flirted with the waitress. The waitress was hot so of course I would hit on her. I was about to leave when she came up to me and handed me a white envelope. I smirked knowing that I got her in the palm of my hands.

 

“Bye Dara. And thank you for the drink.” I said before leaving the bakery.

 

When I got into the apartment I set the envelope down and headed towards my room to change. As I was changing I heard the front door open and close. It was probably Am.

 

“Am! How was school today?” I shouted from my room.

 

“It was so and so!” she shouted back.

 

I walked into the kitchen where Amber was pouring a drink.

 

“You really do look like me.” I said suddenly. She choked on her drink.

 

“O-of course, we came from the same womb after all.” She said as she wiped . I laughed at her answer.

 

We talked about school and what I’ve missed. Although at times it seems like she’s hiding some things I dismissed it since what’s there to hide from me. We’ve been talking for the whole day when I noticed that the sun was starting to set. Remembering the envelope I excused myself. I picked up the envelope and headed towards my room.

 

Amber’s POV

 

When I came back to Donghae’s apartment he greeted me from his room. After greeting back I headed towards the kitchen to grab a drink. Remembering the envelope I took it out of my bag and set it down so that I won’t forget to read it. I planned on reading it after I got my drink but then Donghae showed up and startled me. We talked and I filled him in on the things he missed out during the time he was away. Donghae excused himself and that was when I noticed that the sun was already setting. Remembering the envelope I quickly picked it up and headed towards the guest room. When I had finished reading the contents of the letter hyung called me.

 

“Am, I’m going to go out for some fun!” he shouted.

 

“Okay hyung! I have to go out too!” I shouted back. I heard the door close and I changed out of my work clothes. I put on my casual clothes and a cap before heading out the door. Remembering the letter I ran back inside. I smiled before folding it and putting it in my pants pocket. Although I know I should give up on her, I can’t. My heart just won’t let me.

 

I waited at the spot that we were supposed to meet. Couples were all around me. After half an hour and she didn’t show up I slowly lost hope. I picked up my phone when it rang.

 

“Yes? What is it hyung?” I asked him.

 

“Am-” he started but was cut off when a voice called out to him. I was curious as to who he was meeting when someone called out to me.

 

“Donghae!” I turned towards the direction of the voice.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I waited nervously. All kind of thoughts going through my mind. What if he doesn’t forgive me? What if he doesn’t show up? What if I’m too late? As I was about to leave I saw him walking around aimlessly, phone in his hand. A smile crept up onto my face. He did show up. I slowly walked towards him. His conversation was starting to be audible.

 

“Am-” he started.

 

“Donghae!” I shouted to him. He quickly turned to face me.