Chapter 32

The Switch

A/N: thanks for my trolling I got some silent readers to comment. What a success! XD

I present to you the real ending.

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s POV

 

“You’re beautiful, Krys.” Unnie told me when she came into the room. I smiled brightly at her.

 

“Thanks, unnie.” I stared at myself in the mirror. I remembered the last time I was in this situation. However, unlike that situation this time I’m happy to be here.

 

“Hurry you two, there’s only 5 minutes left!” Sunny unnie shouted when she opened the door.

 

“Are you ready?” unnie asked. I nodded. I have been ready for this day ever since she proposed.

 

Flashback

 

“Please doctor. You have to save them. I can’t live without her.” I held onto the doctor’s collar, tears rolling down my face.

 

“We will do the best we can.” She said before freeing herself from me and heading into the surgery room. I slumped into the seat. I covered my crying face. Why? Why does this have to happen now? I just found you, Am. After all this time I can finally tell you that I love you, only to have you be taken away from me. I cried harder.

 

“Krystal-ah, please stop crying. Amber wouldn’t do well in the surgery knowing that you’re here crying your eyes out.” Unnie came and sat down next to me. I leaned on her and cried on her shoulder. “Why don’t you go wash yourself? You’re all bloody. If people see you they’ll think that you’re a ghost.” She tried to tease. I released a halfhearted chuckle. I didn’t want to leave, not knowing what will happen to my Amber and Donghae. Unnie ended up going to the washroom and returning with a bucket of water and cloth.

 

“Here, at least wash your bloody hand.” I did as I was told.

 

“Oh my gosh! You’re hurt!” unnie shouted. I just remembered that I got cut.

 

“Yeah.” I said still cleaning my bloody hands. The cut didn’t hurt as much as the pain that was in my heart. She hurriedly called a doctor and I ended up getting stitches in front of the surgery room. I didn’t want to leave that spot when I didn’t know if Amber will make it or not.

 

It felt like forever when the doctor walked out of the room. I hurriedly trapped her and asked her questions.

 

“How is she? Is she okay?” I asked.

 

“She’s stable now. She was lucky. If it had only been a few centimeters more to the right we probably might not be able to save her.” hearing this I released a sigh.

 

“So when can I go see her?” I asked.

 

“You can go see her now, but only for a few minutes.  She’ll be asleep for a few days, her body needs to rest.” The doctor said leaving.

 

“What about Donghae?” unnie asked before the doctor left. I had completely forgotten about him.

 

“He’s also fine. He’s in the same situation as Amber.” We bowed to thank her before making our way inside to visit my Amber. The only way I could tell that she was alive was the beeping of the heart monitor otherwise I wouldn’t be able to tell at all. I grabbed a hold of her hand. It was cold, ice cold and she was so pale. I didn’t know I was crying until unnie handed me a tissue.

 

“I’ll be back, please get well soon.” I said. Before leaving I leaned in to give a peck on her lips. We couldn’t stay long because it was what doctor ordered though I had wanted to spend the night by her side.

 

Every day I went to keep her company. Although she wasn’t conscious I knew she could hear me. When I told her our story and those sweet moments her heart beat would rise. How did I know? Because the heart monitor kept beeping as an indication.

 

One day when I went in to visit her, I found her room to be empty. I started panicking. I wasn’t told about this. I searched throughout the whole building. I even checked in Donghae’s room to see if she was in there but I found his room empty too. Where could the two siblings be? I was still searching around the hospital when a nurse came up to me and handed me a note. I looked down at the letter that was in my hand for a few minutes before opening and reading it.

 

Princess, the first time I met you I

hated you, never had I

fell for you.

I thought I loved you

It only took me a while to figure it out

But I don’t love you and I never will

I’m sorry, for being so slow in realizing

That I don’t love you

I’m sorry, for being stupid

For making you think that I love you too

You know that I love you with all my heart

Was a lie I told myself and you

I just want to ask you one question

You won’t hate me right? If I don’t ask you to

marry me?

Please let me go

 

My heart broke. I cried. I don’t understand. I thought she said she loved me. Did I do something wrong? I wiped my tears when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see that it was the nurse. She hadn’t left yet. She smiled at me. How can she smile at me when I’m crying here?!?

 

“Skip lines” she said. I turn to leave. I don’t need to be here when Amber doesn’t want me here. How could she just tell me she doesn’t love me in a letter? I stopped walking when I felt a hand on my shoulder again. This nurse was getting annoying. I turned around to yell at her but I froze seeing Donghae. Great! Is he here to rub it in my face, to laugh at my stupidity?

 

“Why didn’t you follow what the nurse said?” he asked. I’m not in a mood to answer his questions nor am I in the mood to answer riddles. I shot him an icy glare before turning to walk away again. He grabbed hold of the letter that I was clenching in my fist.

 

“WHAT NOW?!?” I shouted angrily. He only smiled and unwrinkled the paper before holding it out in my face. I slapped it away. He bent down to pick up the letter and held it out in front of me again.

 

“Skip lines.” He said. ARGH! What’s with them telling me to skip lines? I snatched the paper in his hand and reread the letter that Amber wrote. I read it a two more times before breaking down and crying.

 

“Amber’s on the rooftop.” He said softly before walking away. I ran to the elevator, pressing the floor for the rooftop multiple times. When I see her I will definitely teach her a lesson! As the elevator dinged I ran out causing people to stare. I don’t care; I just want to see that stupid llama. I slammed the door open and I saw Amber sitting on a bench, staring out into the vast sky.

 

“AMBER!” I shouted to get her attention. She slowly turned and on her face was a toothy smile. I made my way towards her angrily but my anger vanished when I saw her trying to stand up with difficulty. I ran to support her. I caught her in my arms and an electric current coursed through my body.

 

“Princess.” She whispered in my ear. I shivered as her warm breath came in contact with my sensitive ears. “I love you, forever and always.” I blushed at her direct confession. I felt her pull away from me and knelt down on one knee with much difficulty. She took hold of my hand. “I will never let go of you. This I promised you under that tree.” I smiled remembering that time. “Our love story was a difficult one and three words cannot express just how much I feel for you. Never in my dreams did I think I’ll have you in my arms. Your love means the whole world to me. Please allow me not just this lifetime but every lifetime because this lifetime just isn’t enough to show how much I love you. Will you marry me?”

 

I tried holding in the tears that were forming but I couldn’t. They rolled down freely and I couldn’t stop them. I couldn’t speak. I was too choked up to say anything so I just nodded. She smiled dorkily before getting up and pulling me into a tight hug. I love her, I love her so much. My stupid llama servant. I supported Amber as we made our way towards the door when I remembered her letter. I turned to face her and gave an icy stare. “Why did you write something like that? Couldn’t you just written it without those fillers?” I asked coldly. She chuckled nervously before answering.

 

“B-because it’ll be too simple. I made it to match our difficult love story.” I smacked her on the side of the head.

 

“Ouch!! I’m injured here.” she pouted. I rolled my eyes and we continued walking towards her room.

 

Flashback End

 

I walked down the aisle with a bright smile on my face. I didn’t have to fake it this time. I glanced over to Amber. She smiled a dorky smile. She was so handsome in her tux. She outshines everyone there. When unnie and I reached the altar, Amber came and took my hand. Once again I shivered at her touch. We were facing each other, just gazing deeply into one another’s eyes.

 

“And now Amber Liu will say her vow to Krystal Jung Soojung.” The priest said.

 

Amber looked down at my hand, held onto it and caressed it gently before looking up at me. She smiled causing me to smile too. She raised her other hand and gestured the small gesture before adding “This is how much I love you.” This caused the guests to gasp and talk amongst themselves. I chuckled at their response. I would have too if she hadn’t told me the meaning of it. I smiled wider remembering her explanation.

 

“Now Krystal Jung Soojung will say her vow to Amber Liu.” I said my vow and when the priest said “You may now kiss the bride.” I launched forward and kissed Amber hard. She stumbled backwards but managed to hold the both of us up. This got the crowd clapping and whistling.

 

“I love you.” I said after the kiss.

 

“And I love you, noona.” She replied. We were about to kiss again when my brain registered what she just said.

 

“What? Noona?” I asked.

 

“Of course, you’re older than me.” She smiled a dorky smile. My eyes widen and jaws dropped.

 

“J-Just how old are you?” I asked. I had always thought she was the same age as Donghae.

 

“I’m old enough to get married.” She leaned in for a kiss but I blocked her using my hand.

 

“Tell me how old are you.” I said sternly. Amber gulped before answering.

 

“I-I’m 22.” I gasped. She’s so young. “It’s okay, princess. We’re only three years apart.” She kissed me quickly before running off. In the distance she called me over excitedly. I smiled seeing her waving for me excitedly. I don’t care. I love this idiot. I made my way over to her with a wide smile. She took my hand in hers and we walked out the church.