Chapter 21

The Switch

Krystal’s POV

 

Once again I found myself staring at the ceiling. There were too many questions nagging at me. Why? Why did Donghae have a sad smile? Why did he cry? Why does he give me this feeling? Why does he seem different? Why does it feel like I’ll lose him if I don’t hold on tight? Why? By the time I finally fell asleep the sun was already starting to rise. I yawned for I didn’t get enough sleep. The teachers had to wake up early to split the students up into group. Some groups will go hiking while some groups go fishing. This is to explore nature and appreciate it.

 

“Those who will be going hiking please gather here. The fishing groups please go towards Mr. Kim.” Donghae shouted.

 

“Mr. Liu, how long will this hiking trip be?” a student asks.

 

“It says here that it’ll be at least a 2 hour hike.” His answer caused the students to groan and complain. “It’ll be fine. Besides at the end of the trail there’s a famous spot known for bringing couples together.” He said the last sentence while looking at me. I quickly looked away.

 

“You just want to go there with Ms. Jung!” one student shouted causing the other students to smirk. I saw his cheek starting to turn red.

 

“Ahem!! Go get ready and meet back here. 10 minutes, everyone.” He said before leaving quickly.

 

“Argh! This is so tiring. Remind me again why we’re hiking and not fishing?” someone said.

 

“Because Mr. Liu lost in rock, paper, and scissors to Mr. Kim.” Another answered.

 

“Sorry, I’m really bad at that game.” Donghae answered, scratching his back.

 

We continued walking the trail when Donghae shouted for everyone to stop. “What’s wrong?” I asked him. Did we take the wrong route? Are we missing someone? He turned around and smiled.

 

“Let’s take a short break. It seems like everyone could use one and here’s a perfect spot to rest.” It’s true. I’m very tired and sweaty. The students look tire too since they were all panting. The student dispersed into groups and went sit under the shade, fanning themselves and taking out their water bottles.

 

“Are you tired, princess?” He came to ask me. I nodded my head. My heart skipped a beat when he helped wipe off the beads of sweat.

 

“There. Still beautiful even when covered in sweat.” He smiled. I pushed him a little in embarrassment. He chuckled before taking my hand and walking towards the shade. As I was about to sit down on the green grass he stopped me.

 

“What’s wrong? Is there a bug there?” I asked him with a scared face. I hate bugs.

 

“No, no. Here.” he took off his plaid shirt and lay it down. Kyaaaa!! Can he be any more of a gentleman?

 

“T-thanks.” I said with a slightly red cheek, sitting down. He smiled before sitting down next to me. I turned my head and noticed how beads of sweat were formed perfectly on his forehead. And how it trickled down the side of his face, down his neck, and into his shirt. I noticed how his white tee clung onto his y body, outlining his abs. I noticed how he chugged his water down and…wait, he doesn’t have an Adam’s apple? I kept staring at it wondering about it when he called for me.

 

“Princess?” He asked. I refocused my eyes on his face.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“Here, drink it.” he passed me the water bottle that he drunk from. I gulped. It’ll be an indirect kiss!! I was going to grab it from him but then a hand shot out of the corner of my eyes and grabbed it, chugging it down.

 

“Thanks, Mr. Liu. I forgot to bring mine and I was looking for some.” Suzy said. What the hell! I wanted to scream. She just had an indirect kiss with MY Donghae!!! I was fuming in my head. Donghae only chuckled before handing her another water bottle.

 

“Here, drink all you want. I brought plenty.” He handed her another one and she left.

 

“Here you go.” He said offering me a water bottle. The cap was on, it was not open, it was not drunk from, it does not have the taste of Donghae’s lips on it.

 

“No.” I faced away from him crossing my arms, giving him the cold shoulders.

 

“Wha-why? You need to drink something, princess. You’ll get heat under this heat.” He frantically said.

 

“No! I’m not thirsty.” I lied. I am thirsty, so thirsty I think I’ll die from the dryness in my mouth but I only want the one that has touched Donghae’s lips. I pouted. He chuckled before taking the cap off and taking a drink from it. My mouth hung open. How did he know what I want?

 

“I will always know what you want even if you don’t voice it because I love you.” he said with a sweet smile. Ba-thump. Ba-thump. “Here, drink it now before another student comes steal it from you.” He said winking. I blushed deeply, taking the water bottle and drinking from it. God, I love this guy so much.

 

“Okay, everyone! It’s time to move on! Remember to pick up your trash!” Donghae shouted when he stood up. “Here.” he said as he offered his hand to help me up. I took it and in one swoop he pulled me up. His strength made our bodies touch. His chest was on mine and mine on him.

 

“T-thanks.” He nodded with a toothy smile before bending down to grab his shirt.

 

“Okay, guys we’re almost there. Just over that hill and we’re done.” Donghae shouted to inform everyone. They all seemed happy to finally get this hike done with. To be honest, I am too. I had initially wanted to join the fishing group since I can just sit and do nothing but then Donghae was in this group so I joined here instead.

 

Everyone shouted in excitement when we made it out of the forest. We spent a little time enjoying the view before everyone ran back to camp. Aish! I had wanted to spend some time with Donghae at the spot Donghae mentioned. We had our lunches and played some games with the students. The teachers think that tonight will be a good night to have a campfire and eat s’mores for the hardworking students thus the teachers busied themselves, prepare for it.

 

“Does anyone know how to play this guitar?” One of the teachers asked once we were all around the campfire.

 

“If you don’t know how to play it why bother bringing it?” Mr. Kim asked. Mr. Kim’s remark made the students giggled.

 

“Well, you never know. Some of us might have hidden talents.” He meronged Mr. Kim. The two kept bickering back and forth while everyone just watched.

 

“I’ll play.” Donghae said raising his hands. This caused the students to clap and whistle. I was stunned. I didn’t know that Donghae can play the guitar. Maybe he doesn’t, maybe he’s just doing it to cause laughter. I smiled thinking that it’ll sound horrible. He took the guitar and started tuning it. So far, it really does look like he knows what he’s doing. He began strumming and I was stun once again. Not only did he know how to play he can also sing. I just keep falling deeper and deeper for this guy.

 

It was a late night. I made my rounds and headed towards the cabin. Just as I was about to close it I saw Mr. Kim and Donghae walk out of their cabin into the forest. Wondering what the two were doing out so late together I followed them. I stopped when the two stopped. Being at a safe distance from the two I had a hard time hearing what the two were talking about. The only word I picked up was Amber. What about Amber? I tried listening in again but no use. They were talking too softly and I was too far to hear. Seeing that the two were heading back I quickly made my way towards the cabin. As soon as I closed it I heard them walking pass by. Hearing the two still talking I leaned my ear against the door.

 

“You really should tell Krystal. This will only hurt her if you don’t. You’ll only regret it later, okay buddy?” Mr. Kim said in a whisper.

 

“I know, but I really don’t want to hurt him again. I’ll think about it, Heechul.” Donghae said. The two shortly after entered their cabin and I was left wondering what the two were talking about. What does Donghae want to tell me? Is he hiding something from me? And who is the ‘him’ that he’ll hurt? I didn’t get a wink of sleep that night, questions still swarming around in my head.

 

The camp ended and we were on our way back to the school. Everyone was fast asleep since they were all tired. Before shutting my eyes I heard Donghae talking in his sleep. A smiled etched itself on my face when I leaned in to hear what he was saying. I had the best sleep I’ve had in days.

 

Amber’s POV

 

Before Krystal woke up I quickly placed a kiss on her forehead before leaving the school. I needed to distance myself from her again or I won’t be able to stop myself. When I opened the door to my apartment I heard the guys conversing with someone. Do we have a guest over? I glanced down at the shoes. They were high heels. It was a rule not to have girl’s over while I’m out. Who knows what they will do if I’m not there to stop them from crossing the boundary. As I walked into the living room Key stopped talking and shouted to me which caused everyone to turn towards me.

 

“Hey!!! Look who’s back?” Key shouted. I didn’t get to see the guest’s face because she had her back turn towards me.

 

“Welcome back, bro. We’re sorry, we didn’t know about your past.” Minho stood up to and came to give me a hug. Weird.

 

“Everything will be fine, llama. We’ll do everything we can to help you two out.” Onew and Henry came up to pat my back. What are they talking about?

 

“What are you guys talki-” I couldn’t finish what I wanted to ask when I saw who the guest was. “You….why are you here? How did you find me?!?”

 

“Nice to see you again, Am.” She smiled before running to me and kissing me. My eyes widden.