Chapter 22-Their Past

The Switch

Donghae’s POV

 

“Hyung, you really should stop playing around with girls. I can’t keep pretending to be you when you set up two dates at the same time.” The llama said.

 

“It’s okay. I’m only doing this because I’m still looking for THE one. Once I find her I’ll stop, I promise.” I said with a smile.

 

“But hyung you-Yah, stop messing up my hair!” she shouted. I laughed at her face. “Fine! I’m not going on your date anymore.” She quickly threatened.

 

“No! I’m sorry I won’t do it anymore. So pleeeeeease go as me to my date.” I said with a pout. I know she’s weak to my pleas.

 

“Argh! Fine, however this is the last time I’m pretending to be you on the dates that YOU set up.” I nodded my head vigorously. I started fixing her tie and her hair.

 

“There, there’s the handsome llama! Now go to that date, I don’t want to be late.” I said pushing her out the door. “Don’t come back until you score her number, you got it?!?” I shouted out as she walked down the drive way. She flicked her finger at me and I chuckled. Now that Amber’s going to that girl, I can go to the other girl. I smiled before dashing up the stairs to get ready for my other date.

 

“Donghae!” she shouted. I smiled before running towards her. I gave a quick peck on her lips and we went on with our date. I found out that she was boring, she only has a pretty. Even if she gives me her number I won’t ever call her.

 

“Here you go, my number so you can call me.” she said with a smile.

 

“uh…yeah. Thanks. I got to go. Bye.” I wanted to leave as fast as I can. I should have taken the girl that Amber went out with. I released a sigh seeing how this date was a fail.

 

“Donghae.” She locked her arms in mine stopping me from going. I turned towards her with an annoyed face.

 

“What?” I said coldly.

 

“You really don’t remember me?” she asked. What is she talking about?

 

“No, and even if I do I wish I ever won’t.” I said, yanking my arms away from her. I started walking away when she shouted something. I froze in my spot.

 

“I knew you’ll see it my way. Well, call me tonight. Or else.” She said before walking away. WTF?? How did she know??

 

“So how was it hyung?” Amber asked when I entered the front door. I didn’t answer and went into my room. I know I was being rude but I’m too scared. What if she tells everyone? I’ll be dead. My parents will disown me for sure. I snapped out of my thoughts when my cell beeped. Wondering who it was I switched the phone on. My face became paler than it already was. How did she get my number? I didn’t even give it to her!

 

Hyuna: hey, I figured I’ll message you since I know you probably won’t message me. ohh btw I got your phone from her.

 

Hyuna: you don’t have to message me back. I’ll see you tomorrow at 10am at the place you met her. don’t be late or I’ll tell everyone what you did. Good night hubby, chu~

 

I threw my phone on my bed. I’m so screwed!! I don’t want to meet her but if I don’t I’ll really die. I barely slept a wink that night.

 

“Whoa! What happened to you, hyung. Why does it look like you didn’t get any sleep last night?” Am asked me when I went down to eat breakfast.

 

“What’s wrong, honey? Are you sick?” mom asked.

 

“N-no, it’s nothing.” I lied. I didn’t feel like eating so I excused myself. I went to my room and reluctantly got ready since it was almost time to meet that crazy girl. As I was about to leave my door opened revealing Amber.

 

“Seriously, what happened, bro? Did the girl turn you down last night? Is that why you couldn’t sleep at all?” Amber asked. If only she did llama, if only she did.

 

“Nope.” I said with a fake smile.

 

“Where are you going?” she asked.

 

“I have a date in 30 minutes with the same girl as last night.” I told her.

 

“WOW! Already on the second date I see. You must really like her. Most girls don’t make it to the second date.” She said shockingly. I smacked her on the head. She giggled rubbing the spot I smacked her at. I should have listened to her.

 

“Well, I got to go. She doesn’t want me to be late.” I told her before leaving my bedroom.

 

“She’s got you on a leash huh. Well, remember to introduce your girlfriend to me.” the llama said sticking her tongue out. Amber, it’s not a leash she has on me. She’s got her hands around my throat.

 

“You’re 27 seconds late.” Hyuna said tapping her foot with her arms crossed. AISH! I hate this girl.

 

“Sorry. I won’t be late again.” She quickly smiled, hooked her arms around mine and dragged me off. This girl is crazy!!

 

We’ve been dating for two months now. It’s not what you think. She threatened to tell everyone my secret if I didn’t agree to it. It’s just a fake relationship, well at least for me it is. She’s always told me how she loved me the first time she saw me. I always knew she was crazy but I didn’t know how crazy until that one day. She introduced herself to my family as my fiancé. MY FIANCE!!! I’m only in my first year of college for sake. The worst part was that my family accepted her. God! Can’t they see how miserable I am? I’m their son for geezus Christ!

 

“Congrats, hyung. I didn’t think you’ll find THE one so fast.” Amber patted my back. “So when’s the wedding? Mom and dad are so excited about it. They’re even willing to pay for Hyuna noona’s wedding dress.” She said. This only made me groan out in frustration. First of all, I’m not in a relationship with her. Secondly, I don’t even like that crazy girl. And thirdly, she’s not my fiancé to begin with so why the hell should I marry her???

 

“Honey, your parents want us to go pick out my wedding dress and your tuxedo.” She said with a smile to me when we were alone.

 

“First of all, I’m not your honey. And secondly, there’s not going to be a wedding!! I don’t love you!” I shouted at her. I’ve had just enough with this crazy psychopath. Her smile disappeared and her face turns dark. Crap! I just unleased the witch.

 

“I’ll meet you at the shop. If you don’t show up I swear I’ll tell everyone that you impregnated my friend and forced her to have an abortion. Bye sweety, love you.” She blew me a kiss. I’m so dead. Either I marry her and die or let everyone know and die by my parent’s hands.

 

“Hey, Am?” I asked.

 

“Yes? What is it, hyung? Shouldn’t you be heading over to the shop to pick our Hyuna noona’s wedding dress right about now?” she asked.

 

“I don’t feel well. I don’t think I can go. Can you please go in my place?” I asked her. I need to get away from that crazy girl right now.

 

“But hyu-” she started but I cut her off.

 

“Pleeeeeease! It’ll be just like old times. Just pretend to be me for the day. If I don’t show up she’ll kill me, you know how she is.” I begged her. I really do not want to meet her. Seeing that she was about to decline I quickly added, “Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!”

 

“Alright! Alright! But just this once. I’m not pretending to be you ever again! Okay??” she said. A smile appeared on my face. I love her so much. She really saved me there.

 

“Thanks, llama. Now get going, you don’t want to make her late or you’ll see hell.” I said before pushing her to go.

 

Amber’s POV

 

I’m happy that hyung found Hyuna noona. They both seem to be so in love. I can’t believe how fast their relationship progressed. It’s only been 2 and a half months. Seeing that I’m at the right shop I quickly made my way inside.

 

“Hyuna noo-” I was about to call her noona but I remembered I’m playing as Donghae right now. “Hyuna!” I shouted. This caught her attention. I became nervous when she started looking me up and down. I gulped nervously. What if she found out that I’m not Donghae? “L-let’s go find you that perfect dress, should we?” I asked holding my hand out for her to take. I released a breath when she held onto my hand. Good grief she didn’t suspect me.

 

“What do you think about this one, Donghae?” she asked when she came out of the changing room in a white wedding dress, twirling around.

 

“You look really beautiful in that dress, Hyuna. It doesn’t matter what dress you pick since you make any dress look pretty.” I smiled gently at her. She was going to be my sister in law and it’ll be their happy day here shortly, I want the both of them to be as happy as can be on that day. She blushed madly before replying.

 

“T-thanks.” She said softly before heading back into the changing room. I smiled thinking that I’ll get a cute sister in law. After she picked out her wedding dress I offered her my hand, which she took, and headed towards the door. Just as we were about to step out she pulled me back.

 

“What is it, Hyuna? Did we forget something?” I asked. She nodded her head. “What did we forget?”

 

“Your tuxedo.” She whispered. Shoot! I had completely forgotten about it. I can’t try on the tuxedo because Donghae and I have different measurements. If I buy a tux it won’t fit him on the wedding day. I made up all kinds of excuse but she just won’t take no as an answer. Great! I was stuck trying on tuxes and she criticized them all. This would be my nth tux that I try on. Stepping out of the changing room I heard her gasped.

 

“This one! You look very handsome in this one!” she said jumping up and down excitedly. Although I was pissed off for having to try on almost every tux the store had when I saw her this excited I just couldn’t be angry at her. I smiled before teasing her.

 

 “I look handsome, don’t I?” she just nodded her head and looked away with red cheeks. I couldn’t help but laugh at the scene. We walked out of the shop, her hand in mine which was weird for me but I’m pretending to be Donghae at the moment so I just couldn’t brush it off. I opened the passenger door for her but after a few seconds I turned to face her.

 

“What is it, Hyuna? We’re not forgetting something again are we?” I asked.

 

“N-no, it’s just…it’s already noon and I haven’t had breakfast yet.” she answered shyly. All of a sudden her stomach growled. Hearing this I couldn’t suppress a chuckle.

 

“Come on, let’s go find you something to eat.” I stuck out my hand for her to hold. I closed the door and locked the car before walking towards a nearby restaurant. We were taken to a table for two and I pulled out the chair for her. I don’t know if Donghae does this or not but I wouldn’t want her to be mad at Donghae so I did it just in case. We ordered and ate before leaving.

 

Hyuna’s POV

 

When I saw Donghae walking towards the shop I knew instantly it wasn’t Donghae. Why is Amber pretending to be Donhae? He walked into the shop and called for me. I knew he was playing Donghae so I played along. I’ll have a long talk with Donghae for sure. How dare he ditch me on this important day? I’ve tried on a few dresses and each time I walked out, Amber would always compliment me. Although I tried not to blush I couldn’t help it.

 

“You look really beautiful in that dress, Hyuna. It doesn’t matter what dress you pick since you make any dress look pretty.” Donghae never complimented me nor did he ever say such sweet things to me. My heart raced every time Amber looked at me. Why is my heart racing? It never races this fast even when I’m with Donghae.

 

He offered me his hand as we were walking out the shop. Donghae never offers me his hand. Why can’t he be as sweet and gentle as Amber? Wanting to spend more time with her I pulled her back just before we left.

 

“What is it, Hyuna? Did we forget something?” I asked worriedly. Her face was just too cute. All I could do was nodded my head. “What did we forget?” she asked.

 

“Your tuxedo.” I replied. I know that she’s not Donghae but for some reason I really want to see her in a tux. She kept making up excuses to not try it on but I wouldn’t let her. She eventually gave up and ended trying on every tux. To be honest, everything she tried on looks great in her because she’s so handsome but if I told her that I won’t be able to see her try on the other tuxes. I thought she’ll be mad at me but she didn’t. She just smiled gently to me. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her sweet and sincere smile.

 

“I look handsome, don’t I?” she joked. I nodded my head. She really does look handsome. More handsome than Donghae. Not only is she more handsome she’s really kind and sweet.

 

She ended up getting the tux because she still thinks that I don’t know she’s Amber and not Donghae. We headed towards the car where she opened the passenger door for me. Not only is she more handsome, sweet and kind, but she’s also a gentleman. Not wanting to leave her just yet I lied about not having eaten breakfast. I saw the worry on her face. She locked the door and offered her hand to me which I gladly took. She escorted me to a restaurant and pulled the seat for me. Ba-thump. Yup, I think I’m falling for her.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

Amber came home and told me all about it. I can’t believe that she’s calling the crazy psychopath sweet and cute. I wanted to gag but then I still have to pretend this façade. I don’t want her spilling the beans about my mistake.

 

It was the day of the wedding yet I was still stuck waiting for her at the alter with Amber as my best man. I seriously needed to find an excuse to get out of this predicament and fast. The wedding song played and the door opened. She walked down the aisle. I need to think of something fast!! Should I cut my hand and go to the hospital? Should I burn my hand? Or should I just run away screaming that she’s a psycho?? She was now standing in front of me. Her dad was just about to hand her off to me when she did the thing I least expected. She ran passed me and pulled Amber into a deep kiss. My jaws dropped and my eyes widen. I also saw Amber’s eyes widen. What the HELL just happened? The guests gasped and talked about the scene in front of them. Hyuna broke off from the kiss and turned towards everyone.

 

“I love Amber and she loves me!” she shouted for all and everyone to hear. Amber’s eyes widen even more and I can see that she’s startled by this revelation. I know that Amber doesn’t love Hyuna. Like I’ve said before, Hyuna is one crazy psychopath.

 

The wedding was stopped and my parents called Amber to have a talk. I couldn’t go with them since dad wouldn’t allow me to. I leaned my ear as close as possible to listen to what they’re saying. I heard a loud slap and some shouting. I quickly pushed the door opened and I saw Amber on the ground, her face was red from the slap.

 

“DAD!!” I shouted. Seeing this I quickly went to pick her up. Amber then ran out of the room. I’m sorry, Am. I’m sorry. I should have stopped this sooner. After calming dad down we headed home. When I got there I wanted to apologize to Amber but didn’t see her and when I went to check in her room, all her things were gone.

 

“Mom! Dad! Amber’s gone!” I shouted. They came running into her room. When mom saw this she fainted, lucky dad and I caught her. We never heard from Am again. It was my entire fault.

 

Amber’s POV

 

I was surprised to see Hyuna noona run towards me. When she was in front of me she threw herself at me then proceeded to kiss me. I couldn’t react fast enough. I was too shocked to see hyung’s fiancé kiss me. I was even more shocked to what she said next.

 

“I love Amber and she loves me!” she shouted for everyone to hear. WHAT??? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?!?! I don’t love her! Where did she get that stupid idea from?? Oh good god, I just ruined hyung’s wedding AND stole his fiancé.

 

My parents pulled me into a room for a talk while hyung was waiting outside by the door. Crap! I hope hyung doesn’t think I love Hyuna noona.

 

“Tell us Amber. Do you like Hyuna?” My mom asked in a weary voice. Do I like her? Well, yeah I like her. She’s going to be my sister in law. Don’t my parents like her too? Isn’t that why we’re having hyung’s wedding?

 

“I do like her.” I stated. Next thing I know I felt a sting on the side of my face. The force was so strong I ended up on the ground. I couldn’t hear what dad was saying since my ear was ringing but I knew that he was furious. I started to tear up. I don’t get it. Why did dad hit me? Did I say something wrong? Hyung came rushing in, he helped me up and that’s when I ran away from them all. I didn’t do anything wrong, why did I get hit, why is everyone angry at me?

 

I quickly packed my things into my bags and left the house before anyone got back. I don’t want to be here and cause any more problems as it is. I’m sorry hyung for ruining your wedding. I’m sorry for being a bad sister. It’s my entire fault.