Chapter 29

The Switch

Krystal’s POV

 

"I pronounce that they are Man and Wife, In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the-" the priest was cut off when someone opened the doors, creating a loud creaking noise.

 

I held a breath, my heart was beating loudly. I turned my head towards the door in high hopes that it would be Amber but my hopes came crashing down when I saw that it was just a group of men, 4 handsome men. They walked in and split up. Two went on each side of the door. I turned back to face Donghae but then a guitar started playing. Recognizing the tune as the one that was played at the school’s camping trip my heart starts racing. I slowly turned towards the door again.

 

Everything was in slow motion. My heart was skipping beats when I saw Amber walking down that aisle, in a black suite vast and black tie, and playing a guitar.

Juniel's version

You have my heart
And we'll never be worlds apart
Maybe in magazines
But you'll still be my star
Baby 'cause in the dark
You can't see shiny cars
And that's when you need me there
With you I'll always share
Because

 

She stopped walking halfway down the aisle.

 

When the sun shines, we'll shine together
Told you I'd be here forever
Said I'll always be a friend
Took an oath I'ma stick it out 'til the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella

 

I smiled remembering that scene under the tree.

 

He put his blazer on me and handed me the umbrella he said “Hold onto this, I’ll go get my car. You just wait here, okay?” before turning to go.

 

“Do you trust me?” He asked. In any other circumstance I will never trust him but here I have no choice so I nodded my head. He smiled then took off his tie and untied it. Is he going to strip?? I mentally scolded myself for even trusting him for a second. He smiled gently at me before taking my hand in his. He then continued to tie the tie around our intertwining hands. He lifted our hands up then squeezed it gently before saying “I will never let go of you.” Ba-thump. 

 

You can run into my arms
It's OK, don't be alarmed
Come here to me
There's no distance in between our love
So go on and let the rain pour
I'll be all you need and more
Because

 

When the sun shines, we'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be a friend
Took an oath I'ma stick it out 'til the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

It's raining, raining
Oh, baby it's raining, raining
Baby come here to me
Come here to me
It's raining, raining
Oh baby it's raining, raining
You can always come here to me
Come here to me

 

I was about to take a step towards her when I felt Donghae grip onto my hand. I turned to look at him and then towards Amber who was still standing in the middle of the aisle staring at me. I knew I was too late when Amber turned to leave. I watched as she walked out of the door and disappeared from my sight. The four guys followed out after her. Tears were running down my face. BOOM. I was startled by the loud thundering sound that came. I can hear the rain hitting against the glass windows. The sky was crying.

 

“D-Donghae, I…I can’t marry you. I love Am-”

 

“I know Krystal. I overheard you two at the karaoke place. I was stupid not to realize it sooner. I know that what I did today hurt her but I just wanted to make sure that you really love her. Now go.” He said letting go of my hand. He smiled an assuring smile before shooing me away. I pulled him into a tight hug before taking off after Amber.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

Three nights ago

 

I made my way towards the room after sending everyone back safely. When I got in front of the door I heard Amber and Krystal shouting. I know that I shouldn’t be ease dropping but I couldn’t help it. They sound so serious. I pressed my ear to the door.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that it was you all along!!” Krystal shouted. “Why didn’t you say anything? Tell me!!” What are the two talking about? Am kept apologizing to Krystal. What I heard next made my heart stop. “I love you, stupid.” Krystal cried.

 

“No, no, no. You don’t love me. You love hyung, not me. You’re just drunk right now.” Am tried to reason with her.

 

“No, I’m not drunk. I never loved Donghae. I’ve always loved you. You and you alone.” Ouch, she just stabbed my heart.

 

“I don’t love you, Krys. I never had and never will.” Am stated in a cold tone. Krystal kept shouting that it was a lie. “I-I’m not lying. I don’t love you, Krystal.” Amber stuttered. I heard her walking towards the door. I ran to hid behind the corner and watch the scene. Amber made a hand motion to show how much she loved Krystal. You would think that it was nonexistent but you would have known that it wasn’t nonexistent if you knew what that meant. I only knew what it meant because Am always did it to me when we were younger. I was too blinded by my love for Krystal that I didn’t even realize Am’s feelings. How could I have been such a stupid brother?!? I stopped scolding myself when Krystal ran into me. I played it cool and pretended that I just got there.

 

It was awkward in the car. Amber and Krystal weren’t talking and they were avoiding one another’s gaze. When I opened the door for Krystal and turned to leave she pulled me into a kiss. I know what that kiss was. It was to hurt Am. Not only did it hurt Am, it also hurt me. Am called out of the car. I hid the hurt by pretending to be annoyed for her interruption.

 

“Geez why did you have to ruin the moment, Am! Have a good night…wife” I said with a wink. After sending Amber home I headed towards the bar. I scolded myself for being so oblivious to Amber’s feelings. How stupid I must have been, how hurt she must have felt, all because of me. She’s always been the one helping and looking out for me yet I couldn’t even do a single thing for her. Why didn’t she tell me she loves Krystal? I felt guilty because everything started with me. Amber must still feel that she’s the cause for Hyuna leaving me even though I told her that it wasn’t the case. I’m so sorry, Am. I’m sorry for being a bad hyung to you. I’m sorry. I silently cried and got myself drunk.

 

We were at the shop picking out a tux for me. The whole time I kept thinking of ways to get the two together. Although I’ll be hurt, I can’t watch my sister through away her happiness. We picked out a tux for me and as we were about to leave I told Am to pick out a tux too. She rejected the idea but I know that she’ll need it after I got the two together. Since we’re already here she might as well pick out a tux.

 

In the car I asked her if she picked out a song yet. After telling me that she didn’t know what song to sing I told her to sing a song that reveals her feelings towards Krystal. I’m hoping that she’ll do as I advise.

 

“Is everyone here?” dad asked. I was standing at the altar waiting for my bride. I shook my head.

 

“Am is still not here yet.” I told him.

 

“Where could she be?” I shrugged my shoulders then a beeped came from my phone. I took it out of my pocket and read the message. “Dad, Am says she’ll be a little late due to traffic.” I told him. He nodded and left to go converse with the guests. “Am, I need you here.” I whispered to myself. I need you here for this to work. The priest did his thing and Am was still not here.

 

“Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter forever hold his peace.” I prayed that Amber would run through that door and stop this wedding. She has too. If she doesn’t Krystal will never know how much she loves her. If Amber wasn’t here yet by the time the priest ends it I’ll have to be the one to stop the wedding.

 

"I pronounce that they are Man and Wife, In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the-" the priest was cut off when someone opened the doors, creating a loud creaking noise.

 

I turned to look at the door and smiled seeing that they were Key, Minho, Henry, and Onew. Since the four were here that means Amber will be here too. I was right. She came into the church and started strumming her guitar. She stopped halfway down the aisle. I smiled seeing her sing her heart out for Krystal, revealing her feelings. She took my advice. Amber was willing to fight for her, but what about Krystal? Does she love my sister enough to fight for her? I need to make sure; I don’t want to see my sister unhappy after everything that’s happened. Krystal was about to take a step towards Amber after she finished singing the song but I held onto her hand, stopping her. She needs to prove that she’s willing to fight for her and love her. I saw the pain in Amber’s face before she turned to leave. I’m sorry, I just need to confirm it, please bear with it for a little longer, Am. As soon as she left a loud boom could be heard, Krystal jumped at the sound. It started raining hard. How ironic I thought. Amber just got done singing about rain and here it is.

 

“D-Donghae, I…I can’t marry you. I love Am-” this was it. Although it wasn’t as strong as I thought it was enough. She was willing to tell me she can’t marry me.

 

“I know Krystal. I overheard you two at the karaoke place. I was stupid not to realize it sooner. I know that what I did today hurt her but I just wanted to make sure that you really love her. Now go.” I said letting go of her hand. I smiled to assure that it was okay for her to follow Am. Seeing that she froze with my revelation I shooed her away with my hand. She quickly pulled me into a tight hug before running out into the rain after Am. “Take care of her, Krys. I entrust her to you.” I whispered before walking down.

 

“Sorry, everyone! As you can all see there will be no wedding today. Please join us next time for Krystal and Amber’s wedding.” I shouted towards the guest. Just as I was about to walk away I saw someone’s retreating back. “That looks a lot like-!” I ran out of the church into the rain. No, no, I can’t let her ruin Am’s happiness.

 

Hyuna’s POV

 

If I can’t have her than no one can!! I took the apple knives that were in one of the baskets and I chased after the two in the pouring rain.