Chapter 20

The Switch

Amber’s POV

 

I didn’t know how to act towards Krystal so I messaged hyung. I don’t want to act cold towards her but at the same time I didn’t want to be too close to her. I was supposed to be keeping my distance and feelings at bay. As I was still fighting it out in my head hyung messaged me to just act like I love her. If only you knew it’s not an act. After his message I acted like how I would normally act.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

After lights out I made my round to see that students are sneaking out. After seeing that it was clear I hurried my way towards our meeting spot. A small smile escaped as I reread the note that Donghae passed to me during supper. Once outside I could barely see since it was so dark. I was waiting for a good 15 minutes when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped and froze, heart racing, thinking that it was a ghost or a monster. Then a laughter came and I knew instantly that it was that stupid. Turning around I gave him my famous icy glare. Seeing him gulp nervously I mentally laughed.

 

He took my hand and a warm tingling feeling overwhelmed me. He led a way passed trees and bushes before we stopped at a clearing. Seeing the beautiful starry night sky I gasped. I’ve never seen anything like it before. The city lights always drowned it out making it hard to even see a star but here there were no city lights.

 

“I-it’s beautiful.” I said still amazed by the view. I turned towards him when I didn’t hear a response and blushed madly when I saw him only gazing at me with his dorky smile. He squeezed my hand and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

 

“My view is more beautiful.”

 

Ba-thump. Ba-thump. Kyaaaaaaaaaaa!! I screamed in my head. I turned away quickly to hide my reddened face. We sat on a huge rock and just stared at the magnificent sight. Everything was perfect. The moonlight was our light, the gentle swaying breeze pushing us closer, the perfectness of us molded together; I want this moment to last forever.

 

“Princess.” He said softly.

 

“hmm?” I replied, my head still on his shoulder.

 

“I love you.” My heart skipped a beat. He’s said those three words countless times yet not once did my heart ever skip a beat. Maybe it was just the atmosphere and the beautiful view? Yeah, it must be it.

 

“I love you too, Donghae.” I said. His arm loosened around my waist and he slowly leaned away from me. I tilted my head in confusion. When I saw his teary eyes I panicked. “W-what’s wrong, Donghae?” A single tear rolled down his cheeks.

 

Amber’s POV

 

“Princess.” I said, my heart beating so fast.

 

“hmm?” she replied. I took a deep breath before saying

 

“I love you.” I’m sorry hyung, I can’t stop my heart for beating for her only. I’m sorry for confessing.

 

“I love you too, Donghae.” My heart shattered in a heartbeat. I laughed at my foolishness. Of course she doesn’t love you, stupid. I told myself. My arms unconsciously loosened around her and I pulled back a little.

 

“W-what’s wrong?” she said. I didn’t even notice that I already shed a tear.

 

“It’s nothing. Something just got in my eye.” I said. I faked a laugh and started rubbing my eyes.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

“Stop bothering her!” I shouted to her. How did she find us in the first place??

 

“No, I won’t. I never will. I won’t let her go after all this time. Do you know how long it took me to find her?!? 3 years!!” she shouted back.

 

“Leave us alone. Leave her alone.” I said before walking away. She stopped me by locking her arm in mine.

 

“Donghae, Donghae.” She said shaking her head. I gulped. “We all know that she can never escape from me.” she trailed a finger down the side of my face. I froze in my spot screaming in my head. This means trouble for sure. No, I’ll protect my little sister. I won’t let anything happen to her.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

We were in front of my cabin saying our good nights.

 

“Good night, Donghae.”I said pulling my hand away but stopped when he held on. I turned to face him.

 

“I love you, princess. I always will no matter what happens. Remember that time under the tree?” he smiled a sad smile. “I will never let go of you.” He said as he leaned in for a kiss. I readied myself to be kissed on the lips but my heart skipped a beat when he kissed my head gently and sweetly. He backed away while still facing me before heading into his cabin. Why the sad smile, Donghae?

 

Amber’s POV

 

She turned to leave when I held onto her hand. “I love you, princess. I always will no matter what happens. Remember that time under the tree?” I smiled a sad smile. “I will never let go of you.” I will never let go of this hand until I see her at the alter smiling happily with her partner. I leaned in for a kiss. I quickly pecked her on her forehead before backing away and going into my cabin.

 

-----------'s POV

 

“I’m coming Amber. Just wait for me, we’ll be together again. I won’t let anything get in the way of us like 3 years ago.” I smirked before walking off into the night.