The End.

A Reason to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I finally was ready for the day after a few...dilemmas. By the time I was ready it was already getting to be into the afternoon. I was worried that my dad would have been home by now but thank god he wasn't. When I got downstairs I found Alex flipping through the TV channels with a bored expression. 
"There you are Violet. Was getting pretty damn boring here all by myself." She says as she pops up from her seat. 
"I thought Eric was with you. Where did he go?" I ask tilting my head. 
"He was here, but then he just up and left without telling me a single thing." 
"That's weird of him." 
"Yeah tell me about it." She sighs. 
"So do you know when my dad is coming home? I haven't heard anything from him all day." 
"Hmmm, No I didn't even bother asking I thought you would have asked him or something." 
"Yeah, I should probably text him about it." I giggle. 
"So, what was going on this morning? You never sleep so late." Alex says as she looks at me with suspicion. 
"Oh that? I was...uhhh, really tired today. Thought I would sleep in." I look away awkwardly. 
"Bull . I don't believe you woman!" Alex says pointing at me dramatically. 
"What's so weird about me sleeping in??!!?" I say to her in protest. 
"You're not one to sleep in. Just saying. I think something else went on." She crosses her arms at me. 
"What would that be?" I look at her. 
"Well with the way you're acting and the whole taking a really long shower..." She says putting things together. 
"I would say you were getting busy with Zelo." She points to me with a sly look. 
I don't nod, but I don't shake my head and I just awkwardly sink in place avoid eye contact with Alex. 
"I KNEW IT!" She yells. 
"Shut up." I mumble with embarrassment. 
"Awww my violet is a woman!" She puts her arm around me. 
"You're not going to kill Zelo?" I look at her slightly shocked. 
"Nahh, he put a ring on yah before he did so." she laughs. 
"I swear you're worse than my dad sometimes." I joke. 
"Call me daddy." Alex says standing straight. 
"Never!" I laugh at her. 
"One day Violet. One day." She laughs with me. 
Alex forces me to spill about everything and as I'm doing so I get a text from my dad telling me his plane just landed, which gives me time to fix up the house before he gets home. 
 


"Violet, your dad is home!" Alex yells to me as I change into a different shirt with longer sleeves. 
Going down stairs I meet my dad along with Alex and Junhong in the living room. 
"Hi dad." I say happily as I walk into the room. 
"Hey Violet. How were things while I was gone?" He asks. 
"Eventful..." I say taking in a deep breathe. 
"How so?" He asks. 
Just as I was about to say something Eric came in the room quickly. 
"Did I miss it?!?" He says almost out of breath. 
"No Eric. Just come sit down." Alex says. 
He nods and sits down excitedly next to Alex.
"Is there some big news you have to tell me or something?" My dad asks as he stands up.
"Yes. But first I think you will want to sit down." I say making a motion for him to sit back down in his chair. 
"Is it bad news?" He looks worried. 
"There is good and bad..." I say with a cringing look. 
"Tell me the bad first." He says putting his hands to his mouth and focusing on me. 
"Well I don't know how to put it....." I tap my lip nervously. "But I uhhhh, had a moment of weakness..." I say as I lifted up my sleeve exposing the bandage up my arm. 
"Oh Violet, not again." He says touching the bandage. 
"You use to do that to yourself?!!?" Junhong sprung up from his chair and looked at me with a hurt look. 
"Yes I did but it's all over with now. It's behind me." I look to him with a reassuring look. 
He just nods and stands next to me. 
"What's the good news than? It better be good too." He points at me. 
"Welll." I say with a huge smile and look at Junhong. 
"Well?" He leaned forward. 
"Zelo and I." I turn to my dad. 
"We're engaged." He says finishing my sentence. 
He just looks at us, no words are spoken for what seems like forever. I even put my hand out and show him the ring. 
"So it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter