Summer

A Reason to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the school year was a slight blur. Not a whole lot happened. I made new friends and new best friends. 
As summer drew near the harder it became to keep wearing long sleeves and sweaters. 
"It's so hot out, I rather be at home where it's cool." I pouted 
"If you'd stop wearing such heavy clothing you wouldn't be over heating!" Alex said her ice cream. 
"I can't even enjoy my ice cream..." I said swirling it around. 
"I'll eat it!" Junhong said sticking his spoon in my bowl. 
I giggled and slid my bowl over to him. 
"I can never eat Ice cream from a bowl." Alex said biting her cone. 
"Yeah I should of got a cone." I put my chin in my hands. 
"Let's go get one then!" Eric perked up. 
I looked over at him, smiled and nodded. He jumped up and nearly drug me to the counter inside the ice cream shop. I got a waffle cone with strawberry ice cream and sprinkles drizzled with chocolate. Eric got some chocolate ice cream that seemed like a girls best friend after a break up. When we got back to the table they both had finished their ice cream. 
"We all should go swimming!" Alex exclaimed. 
"Where? There isn't a beach here, the only beach around here is a good two hour drive away." I commented. 
"That's what I'm getting at, why don't we all go to the beach for a couple days." She smiled. 
"That sounds expensive." I said. 
"My parents have a beach house." Eric said. 
"Really?!?" Alex said excitedly. 
"Yeah, I could ask them if we could use it for a week." He shrugged his Ice cream. 
"That sounds awesome!" Junhong smiled. 
He's so cute sometimes....more like all the time. Wait...what am I thinking? 
"Hey Violet!" Alex snapped. 
"Huh? What?" I said looking at her quickly. 
"You have swim suits right?" She said sitting back. 
"Oh uhh yeah..."
"Well you're getting new ones. Because last time I seen you in a swim suit was in elementary school." She giggled. 
Both Eric and Junhong giggled too and I blushed and nodded. 
I tried to finish my ice cream but the thought of having to buy a new swim suit got the best of me and I gave the rest of my ice cream to Junhong. 
We all headed to the mall afterwards and decided to do a little shopping. 
Alex shoved a bunch of two piece swim suits into my arms telling me to try them on. The guys browsed around while Alex and I tried things on. 
"You certainly have the body for this one!" She smiled. I looked at myself and gulped. 
"Don't you think this is a little...I don't know...too much skin?" I said examining the two piece. 
"No! I've seen much worst. It's better than a one piece you'd get weird tan lines." She said 
"I guess so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter