Open The Box

A Reason to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

there is a lot that has been happening lately, from Junhong acting really strange....to me making some very, very bad decisions. to waking up in the hospital with stitches in my arm. I never planned on this nor did I want this to end up this way. My intentions were clear on what I wanted but I don't know if it's just life, fate, or some other weird stuff that goes on in this damn universe but all I know is that no matter how or what I tried. Every time I decided I wanted to leave this world and join the next, the after life or what ever there is that comes after death. Maybe there is nothing that comes next, maybe there is something but no one will truly know until it happens.
My life has been saved one too many times by one person. Is this what is planned for me in the future? Is he my future? What will become of us after all that has happened...he is my angel. When I first met him he was a blonde boy who looked almost lost when he found me that night standing on the edge of life and death. There has been many, many changes that he has gone through. But now we start a new chapter of our lives together from this day forward. 

"I have a gift for you" 

"Open your eyes." 

I open my eyes slowly and I look to Junhong who is smiling at me brightly. How he manages to be so sweet and child like all the time is beyond my comprehension. 
"Don't just stare at me." He teased me. 
"Oh right." I said bringing myself back to what was going on at this moment. 
"It's not how I wanted it to happen but it just feels right." He said as I look down to what was in my hands. 
It was the box that had been the source of my hell for so long. Looking at it blankly I was hesitant to even open the darn thing. I had the chance to open it before but I just couldn't do it. Even now, when he was willing to let me do it I just couldn't find the courage. 
"What's inside it?" I looked up at him. cautiously 
"Something that belongs to you." He smiled to me. 
"Are you sure?" I ask unsure. 
"From the day I got it, it's been yours. It's just when I was ready to give it to you." 
Do I really want to find out what is in this cursed thing? Let alone am I ready to uncover the one mystery that had been bugging me for...god only knows how long. 
"Are you scared?" 
"Only a little bit...." I gulp. "Or maybe a lot." 
"Don't be." He says while pushing the hair out of my face. 
"I just don't know what to expect." I said looking up to him. 
"Do you want to open it?" He asks 
"I do...It has been bugging me for the longest time." 
Was I really going to open this thing that has plagued me for the longest time? What could possibly be in it. I am hesitant but part of me wants to open it like a little kid does to presents on Christmas. 
"You don't have to open it right now." He says putting it in his pocket. 
"I'm sorry." I look down at my now empty hands. 
"Violet, don't be sorry. You've been through so much. I don't want to burden you any more." 
"Burden me?" I look at him. 
"I caused you do much pain...I did things that I cannot take back, I've said things I can't take back." 
"You've never burdened me ever. You may have hurt me in many ways but I can't say I didn't do the same to you." 
"I just can't imagine where I would be today if we didn't meet that night." He looked up at me, he looked at if he was about to cry. 
"I wouldn't be here if you weren't walking to your aunts that night." I said with a soft smile. 
"I lied." 
"Lied?" I ask 
"I wasn't going to my aunts house that night." 
"What are you talking about." 
"That night, I had lost all sense of reality. I couldn't even look to tomorrow, I was stuck in the past. I lost myself that night, there wasn't anyone or anything that I thought could set my mind straight. I didn't know what would have become of me by the time the sun came up..." He looked down at his hands which were shaking. A tear escaped from his eyelashes. 
"What are you saying?" 
"That night, I found myself....I was so lost. But I found myself when I seen a girl standing on that bridge. She looked as if she knew the pain I knew. Through her I seen me, lost....alone...unloved..." He paused wiping his eyes. "What was missing from me I found in you. I found love, happiness, something just drew me to you the moment I laid my eyes on you that night." He grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes. 
"You gave me a reason to live." 
The look he gave me was indescribable and I felt my chest tighten at his words. In all this time I knew him, I never knew that he would have ever been in pain like that.
"I feel like I've kept that from you for too long." He said wiping his tears away. 
"I never would have thought..." I muttered. 
"I know." He squeezed my hand. "I always thought of myself as the most unlovable person in the world." 
"But I love you." I said softly. 
"I know that now....It's just I never knew my parents all too well...They always worked, I had everything I could have ever asked for except their love....Then one day they never came back home. No one ever told me anything. I lost everything. My home, my parents...I had to grow up so quickly, giving up all that I had so I could go on living another day." his hair hung over his face but I could tell that he was cry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter