The Box

A Reason to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter was coming once again, it seemed like time had flew by pretty quickly. A thin layer of snow had covered the ground the air crisp to the point where one could see their own breath. I had always liked winter for some reason, the plain beauty it carried with it. Simple, yet...I just couldn't look at winter the same anymore. Winter was a season of death, many people die in winter. It's how it had always been for as long as time. I never realized how morbid winter really was until it nearly stripped me of everything I had. Could I learn to love winter again? That's something I will have to find out for myself as time passes and the wound it had inflicted on me has finally healed. Speaking of healing, Junhong's memory is still a little fuzzy. It bothers him quite a bit for some reason, he talks about a missing box every now and then saying it holds everything he has since forgotten and remembered to the things he hasn't remembered just yet. I wouldn't say the things he has forgotten are significant at all, he remembers the most of what had happened between us it's just there are spots in his memory. It doesn't bother me one bit considering I'm just thankful to have him back in my arms again. It sometimes keeps him awake at night though, he has searched everywhere in his room for this mysterious box that he talks about. He says there's something special inside. I don't know if he is just talking nonsense or if he has really lost something of value to him....I wouldn't say lost but just...forgot where he put it. 
I was afraid that nothing would be the same with him ever again after this and well I was right, but it didn't turn out to be all that bad. Sure it's not the same but I almost feel like it's better this way, that for some god forsaken reason this was suppose to happen. There isn't any signs saying this nor is there anything telling me this, it's just how I choose to feel about the situation. 

It's kind of cold out today but it is a lot warmer than the other few days we had before this. There really isn't enough snow on the ground to make anything out of. Winter is just starting and it brings a rush of anxiety every time I see snow start to make it's way to the ground. It always brings back memories of that happened and makes me thing of what would have happened. I don't remember a whole lot of what had happened, I just remember bits of it here and there and I am actually thankful for it. 
"I don't like winter." Junhong said lacing his fingers with mine as we walked. 
"Why do you say that?" I asked in curiosity. 
"Nothing good happens in winter." 
"We met during the winter. That has god to count for something." I looked at him and smiled. 
"Yeah...I guess it does." He smiled back. 
The park we had been walking in had been lined with lights a few days ago, it was really pretty. From a distance it is really eye catching, like the whole park had been rained on with star dust. Junhong wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. 
"I'm cold." He shivered. 
"I'm not." I chuckled. 
"I'm bigger than you, there's a lot more to keep warm." His words were almost muffled from him pressing his face to my jacket. 
"Do you want to go home and warm up?" I asked. 
"I think we should stay here a little longer." He said breaking the hug. 
"Okay." I smiled. 
 I looked up at the sky to see puffy white clouds being painted by the sun, it was almost golden. It was really a beautiful sight. The sun was slowly making its decent to the horizon. The biggest tree in the part was decorated with the most twinkly of lights. It was really a sight. But what I loved most about that tree is right under it is where Junhong had told me he loved me for the first time. Junhong caught me looking at the tree and pulled me along as he made h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter