The New Girl

A Reason to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's tough going to a new school. Stumbling around in an unknown place. People stared, people smiled, some people gave me mean looks. 
I focused on the ground and made my way to the office trying to ignore the awkwardness that was radiating from me. 
When I got to the office I got my class schedule and they pushed me out the door. I was standing in an empty hallway looking around confused. I looked at my schedule and I had science first. I started to wander trying to find which room I'd be in but I just found myself walking in circles. 
I was too busy looking down at my schedule to realize someone had opened a door and I ran right into it. I fell down and rubbed my head. 
"I'm so sorry!" Someone yelled and knelt down to me. 
"It's fine. I should of been watching where I was going anyway." I shook my head. 
"I haven't seen you around here, are you new?" 
"Yeah.." I looked up to see a brunette guy hovering over me. 
"Let me help you." He said scrambling to pick up my stuff. 
"No, no it's fine!" I said anxiously waving my hands. 
He ignored me and picked up all my stuff and extended a hand towards me. I took it and I was now face to face with this mysterious man. He had glasses and he was kind of short. 
"My name is Eric." He said as he handed me my stuff. 
"Violet." I said brushing myself off a bit. 
"So where you off to violet?" He smiled. 
"Science." I handed him my schedule. 
"Oh! Well that's this room right here."
"I have been wandering around for so long." I chuckled. 
"Well come on, let's introduce you to everyone!" He said grabbing my hand and leading me into the classroom. 
So far so good I guess. Nothing else bad happened after running into that door. I sat next to Eric and I could hear people whisper and giggle behind me. Every time I turned around they would stop and pretend nothing happened. I wonder if they were talking about me. 
I tried not to pay attention to them but still couldn't keep my focus. The work was extremely easy so I decided to doze off for a bit. 
When it was time to work I got a text. I looked at the teacher who seemed too interested in grading papers. I looked at the text and it was from Junhong. 
"Heard there's a new girl at my school. Hope it's you!" 
I sighed. 
"Something wrong?" Eric asked. 
"I'm just tired." I said. 
"You should sleep more." He replied. 
"Yeah." I nodded and went back to my work. 
By the end of the hour I handed in my work and Eric lead me to my next class.
"Thanks for helping me." I said to him. 
"It's my pleasure. I'll be down the hall so if you need help finding your next class just come find me." He said before going to class. 
He was gone before I could respond. So I just walked into class and sat down. My second class was math, it was pretty easy but I could feel people staring at me from the seats behind me. 
Near the end of the hour people were milling around and talking and laughing and giggling. One person came up to me and asked me for help on something. Why they asked me? I do not know. 
The hour was over with and then came music class. My stomach sank at the thought of it but I drug myself out into the hall. I looked around but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter