She's Gone

A Reason to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The shock of the truth finally coming out hit me pretty hard, I don't understand it but I was actually kind of broken up about the whole thing. I guess the thought of my dad being alone again and seeing how depressed he was and how hard he worked himself because of it, that's something I didn't want to witness my father go through again. But what Junhong said put my mind at ease just a bit. 
The rest of my stay at the hospital wasn't all that bad, it was rather boring though. There wasn't really much to do. But then again I don't do a whole lot when I am at home either so it's no difference, just same thing but in a different place.  
The ride home wasn't much either, just small conversation here and there between my dad and I. Junhong stayed quiet the whole time. When we did get home I felt my heart start to race, she's going to be gone after this. I walked into the house to find Vanessa waiting in the living room. She glared at me, I looked beside her to see her stuff. 
“This isn't over Violet.” she said harshly.
“You can't do anything anymore. You can't control me.” I bit back. 
“For now.” she finally said. 
What is that suppose to mean?
My dad and Junhong came into the room, Junhong grabbed my hand and my dad looked at Vanessa disappointingly.
“I thought you would be gone by now.” he said crossing his arms. 
“I wanted to see you before I left.” she stood up.
“I made it clear I didn't want to see you.” 
“I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry.”
“No you're not.” 
“But-”
“Get out.” He said bluntly. 
He left right after. Vanessa gritted her teeth and looked at me, I felt uneasy under her glare. I decided not to let it bother me and I walked out of the room. 

Later that day I found my dad in the kitchen sitting at the counter with a glass of what looked like Jack. 
“Are you okay dad?” I looked at him. 
“I'm fine, I'm just curious about you.” 
“Oh, I'm a little bruised but I'm fine.” I chuckled nervously. 
When I said that I felt instant regret, the look in his eyes looked like he did something wrong. I don't know what to say to him, he just drank his drink and sat there holding something. 
“It's not your fault dad.” 
“I know, but I can't help but feel like it is.” 
“It's not your fault, so don't feel too bad about it. She's gone now, I don't have to deal with her anymore.” 
“It's all thanks to Zelo. It if weren't for him I don't think any of this would of happened.” 
I didn't reply, but I knew what he was saying was true. If it weren't for him I would of never been able to tell my dad the truth. 
Junhong came into the kitchen and it felt rather tense. The smell of alcohol coming off my dad made it clear to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter