Remember Me

A Reason to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I'm sorry you got hurt.” He grabbed my hands taking them into his. “I have another question.”
“What's that?” I said smiling to him softly.
“Who are you?” 
“My name is Violet.” I said holding back tears. 
“I'm Zelo.” He smiled at me. 
“I know...” I said softly. 
It was like a spike through my heart hearing his words. He didn't remember me and he was speaking to me as if we were meeting for the first time....Except this time he didn't tell me his real name.  
“You shouldn't be crying.” He said wiping tears from my face. 
“I'm sorry.” I smiled. 
I couldn't handle being by his side knowing he doesn't know who I am. He had forgotten who I am and it hurt more than when I found him on this bed. At least then he was still the man I knew and loved. I stood up and turned to leave him but I felt his fingers weakly slide around my wrist. I turned back to look at him. 
“Can you stay with me?” he asked. 
The look in his eyes was familiar, I once gave that look to someone and it made my heart sink. I pulled away and took another step towards the door. 
“You're the only person here for me. Why?” He asked. 
I felt more tears falling down my face and I rested my hand on the handle of the door. 
“Don't leave me.” his voice cracked.
“I've been by your side since the day I woke up to find you here. You don't know who I am so it's easier for me to leave.” I said looking back at him. 
“Was it my fault you got hurt?” he asked. 
“No, we got hurt together.” I said lastly. 
I didn't wait for him to say any more and left the room before I broke down. I informed a doctor that he had woken up and they went to check on him quickly. I didn't bother to go home, I couldn't. I just started running, as far and fast as I could. Running away from everything, from the memories that I had with him which were gone now. It was like everything was just a dream, what happened between us was now nothing to him. 
A couple hours later it was starting to get dark and I found myself outside of Eric's house, I knocked on his door. 
“Violet what are you doing here?” Eric asked answering the door. 
I couldn't make out any words I was shaken up and tired, covered in sweat and breathing heavily. 
“Are you okay?” He asked concerned. 
I shook my head and started crying. He brought me inside. I wanted to say I didn't know why I ended up here instead of Alex's house but I knew exactly why. Not only did I need male comfort but I also didn't want to deal with Alex. She is very optimistic but it gets tiring trying to keep up with her. She is such a strong person who likes to power through every obstacle in life like it's a race. With Eric I knew he would be a little more caring with the whole situation and I really needed a shoulder to cry on.
“Where have you been? Your dad called me earlier asking where you were.” He said handing me a glass of water. 
“I went for a run. A very long run.” I said taking a drink. 
“Oh.” he said sitting down next to me.  “So what's wrong.” He said. Straight to the point I see. 
“Why do you ask.” I took another drink. 
“Well, you're over here rather than at Alex's house. It must be a pretty big deal since you're not over there. Alex is a little much at times, but I'm sure you know that.” he nudged me. 
“I feel like you just read my mind.” I looked at him. 
“Well I kind of figured this all out by myself.” He smiled. “So what's wrong?” He leaned closer to me. 
“Zelo woke up.” I said looking down at the water in my glass. 
“He did? That's great news” he said with a bright smile on his face. 
“He doesn't remember me.” I looked at Eric. 
“That's harsh.” he sat back. 
“It hurt more than anything.” 
“He might just have temperately lost his memory because he's been under for so long. So he probably doesn't really remember any of us. Well chances are he remembers me we went to school together for years. But you know what I'm getting at.” Eric put a hand on my back. 
“Can I stay here for tonight. I don't want to go home.” 
“Of course. But is it okay that I let your dad know that you're here?” 
I nodded and took another drink from my glass. Eric got up and went into the other room to call my dad. I didn't know what I felt right now, I felt so lost. So alone. I wanted nothing more than for Junhong to wake up and now that he has I feel selfish for wanting more. 
Eric came back and he had talked to my dad who had been worried sick because I just disappeared. Eric sat down next to me and I looked at him. His wavy brown hair was so perfectly swept to the side of his face, his thick rimmed glasses framed his chocolate brown eyes. I rested my head on his shoulder and I took in a deep breath as I tried to calm down from earlier. 
Instead of being awkward he wrapped his arm around me and I started to lightly sob. He pulled me closer to him and my face was pressed up against his chest. He held me close to him as my tears fell and soaked into his shirt. The sweet yet spicy scent of his cologne was almost calming. I felt his hand pat the top of my head. I sat back and he cupped my face and wiped tears away. I didn't feel awkward but I felt a sense of comfort from Eric, something that I've never felt from him.
Eric leaned in and hugged me and rubbed my back. I closed my eyes and let myself enjoy the hug, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter