Chapter 9

A Wife's Love

Sulli entered the conference room and saw that all of the board members were anticipating her return. They were all busy talking but when she walked in, silence filled the room.

Her father took his seat and Heechul led her and Taecyeon to their seats.

"Shall we get started?" asked one of the board members as everyone settled in.

"Yes. To start of, I'd like to introduce our new members. You all, already know my daughter Choi Sulli. She will be helping us get the company back up and next to her is Mr. Ok Taecyeon, the CEO of Okcat and he will be helping us with advertising." said Mr. Choi.

The board members smiled and clapped to welcome Sulli and Taecyeon. They both bowed at the warm welcome of the board members.

"Well, Ms. Choi. Now that you are back, how do you plan on getting our company back in business?" asked one of the board members.

Sulli looked at her father to assure him that she can do what they're asking from her.

"Thank you for the warm welcome fellow members of the board. I know that you all have entrusted me with the job of getting our company back up. I would like all of you to know that I am determined to save this company." said Sulli.

"Tell us something we don't already know Ms. Choi. We want to know your plans for the company." said another member of the board.

"Nothing special. The idea I have, is for us to debut a brand new girl group and plan comebacks for the groups we already have this year." explained Sulli.

The members of the board didn't look pleased with her idea. Because she just came back, they are placing alot of pressure on her.

"Give me a chance. If this doesn't work, then we will branch under another company." said Sulli.

"Fine. We'll give you this. If this does not work, then we will all be board members of another company." replied one of the board members.

"You won't regret this. I promise you that the company will be back to the way it was." said Sulli.

They all nodded their heads and stood up to leave the board room. Sulli slumped down on her chair as they all left.

"Sulli, I'll see you later. I have some business to attend to." said Mr. Choi.

"De Appa, I'll see you later." said Sulli as her father stood up to leave.

"I should probably get going as well, there are alot of paperwork for me to do." said Heechul as he stood up.

Sulli waved goodbye to him as he went outside. She turned to her side and saw Taecyeon, innocently smiling at her.

"Don't you have places to go to too?" asked Sulli.

"Yes, wherever you go I'll go. Since, I am your assistant for this I am following whatever you want me to do." said Taecyeon.

"Aigoo! Mr. Ok let me just make myself clear to you. I am Yoona's best friend and I hate you more than you know because of what you did to her. We will only talk about business matters, don't even try asking me how my day is." said Sulli coldly.

"Ms. Choi, all of that is in the past. Can't you try bring friends with me?" reasoned Taecyeon.

"Prove it to me first." said Sulli as she walked out of the room. Taecyeon followed her because he had nowhere else to go.

He was about to speak up, when Sulli's phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?" said Sulli as she answered her phone.

"Is this Jae Yeol's mother?" asked the other person on the line.

"Ms. Choi, I am Jae Yeol's teacher Ms. Kim. I would like to inform you that your son has been waiting here for almost 2 hours. Everyone already left the school, it was a good thing that I came back to get something from my class." said Ms. Kim.

"Omo! I'll be right there to pick him up." said Sulli. She hurriedly ran to the elevator after the call ended. She wanted to get to Jae Yeol as quickly as possible since their company was an hour away from Jae Yeol's school. Taecyeon ran after her and got in the elevator with her.

"What happened?" asked Taecyeon.

"I need to pick up my son." said Sulli.

The elevator got to the parking lot and she quickly ran towards her car. Her hand was trembling as she tried to open the car door, which made her drop the keys.

Taecyeon took the keys from her and made her go in the passenger seat, then he quickly made his way to sit in the driver's seat.

"I can't let you drive in this condition. Tell me where we're going." said Taecyeon.

"The elementary school near JYP." said Sulli, still in shock from the phone call. As Taecyeon was driving, Sulli decided to call Minho.

......................................................................................................................................................................

Meanwhile, Minho was out with Yoona all day. Yoona pushed him to spend the day with her since he didn't have anything scheduled for the day.

They waslked into Yoona's apartment while kissing each other. He took his phone and car keys out of his pockets and placed them on the kitchen counter.

A few minutes later they were kissing passionately on Yoona's bed. Litlle did he know, that his phone had many missed calls and all of them were from Sulli.

......................................................................................................................................................................

Sulli ran out of the car as she saw Jae Yeol waiting for her in the bench in front of the school with Ms. Kim.

"Jae Yeol." said Sulli as she hugged him.

"Omma!" said a sobbing Jae Yeol.

"Shh. Shh. It's okay now Baby Bear. Omma is here. Omma will always be here." said Sulli.

"I will go ahead Ms. Choi. Please make sure that there is someone who will pick up your child from school everyday." said Ms. Kim.

"Yes Ms. Kim. I am so sorry. Thank you so much for staying with Jae Yeol." said Sulli.

Ms. Kim bowed to her and left.

"Omma!" said Jae Yeol, still crying.

"Miahnne! Miahnne Jae Yeol. Stop crying now. Omma will take you for some ice cream." said Sulli.

"Jinja?" said Jae Yeol as he pulled away from the hug with a smile.

"Aigoo! You smile at the mention of icecream. Let's go." said Sulli as she led him to the car.

"Annyeong!" said Taecyeon as Jae Yeol entered the car.

"Omma, who is this Ahjussi?" asked Jae Yeol as Sulli sat next to him.

"This is Uncle Taecyeon. He works with mommy in the office." explained Sulli.

"Nice to meet you, Uncle Taecyeon. My name is Choi Jae Yeol." said Jae Yeol.

"Aigoo! So cute! Where would you like to go Jae Yeol-nim?" asked Taecyeon.

"Icecream please!" yelled Jae Yeol.

"As you wish!" said Taecyeon.

......................................................................................................................................................................

Minho came home at 8 pm and found Sulli eating ice cream in the kitchen with Jae Yeol and Taecyeon.

Sulli saw Minho as he walked in and her expression changed into a cold expression.

"Jae Yeol, go with Uncle Taecyeon outside and show him your swing set in the backyard." said Sulli as she stood up in front of Minho.

"How are you?" said Minho as he tried to kiss Sulli's cheek but Sulli pushed him away.

"How could you just casually ask that question?" said Sulli with a cold expression.

"What do you mean? What happened?" said Minho.

"Fine. Let me recap you on what happened today. Your son waited two hours for his irresponsible father to pick him up from school." said Sulli while crying.

"I'm sorry. I completely forgot." said Minho.

"And you know what else happened, I called Onew-oppa and he told me that you had no schedule for today at all becuase it's a free day.' said Sulli.

Minho remembered what he was doing all day and mentally slapped himself.

"How could a father forget about his own son? What if something happened to him?" asked Sulli.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." said Minho.

"You're gunna have to do alot more than apologize for me to forgive you for not thinking of your own son." said Sulli as she walked away and went to the backyard.

 

A/N: Now, what will Minho do? He forgot about his responsibilities as a father. I hope you all enjoyed this update! Kisses! xoxo ♥♥♥