Best Friend John

Blue Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yong Hwa's questions were answered when he saw what Jong Hun is looking at. Jong Hun smiles at him when he saw his reaction.

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye? (He looks at Jong Hun)

Jong Hun: Ne. (He put his hand on Yong Hwa’s shoulder) Your Pretty Shin Hye.

Yong Hwa: Mwo? How did you know? (He was surprised to hear that from him)

Jong Hun: Aisshh… I’m really disappointed in you. How could you forget me?

Yong Hwa: Forget you?

Jong Hun: Have you really forgotten me, Best Friend Yong?

Yong Hwa: Best Friend Yong?

Start of Flashback>>>

During his primary years, everyday after school, Yong Hwa will always go to the Botanical Garden. The reason, he wants to see her again… the young girl who always sit on a bench near the Acacia tree while reading a book.

One day, as what he usually does, Yong Hwa was looking at Shin Hye at the other side of the garden when someone taps his shoulder.

Jong Hun: Why are you looking at her?

Yong Hwa: Mwo? (He was surprised and afraid at the same time)

Jong Hun: I said why are you looking at her? (He then pointed his finger to the direction of Shin Hye)

Yong Hwa: Mianhe. I didn’t intend to do any harm. I’m just looking at her.

Jong Hun: Chincha?

Yong Hwa: Ne.

Jong Hun: What’s your name?

Yong Hwa: I’m Yong Hwa.

Jong Hun: I’m Jong Hun. But my friends in America call me John.

Yong Hwa: John?

Jong Hun: Ne, John. Since you look nice, you are my friend now. So, you can call me John too.

Yong Hwa: Friend?

Jong Hun: Ne. I’ve been here for a month only and no one dare to talk to me. You are the first person who talks to me. So, we are friends now. (He raised his hand)

Yong Hwa: Mwo?

Jong Hun: Just raise your hand…

Yong Hwa raised his hand. Jong Hun slaps his hand against the palm of Yong Hwa.

Jong Hun: That’s high five. Every time we meet we will do that. Ok?

Yong Hwa: Ne.

Jong Hun: I’ll call you Best Friend Yong and you’ll call me Best Friend John.

Yong Hwa: Best Friend John.

Jong Hun: Ne. Now let’s go. I’ll introduce you to her.

When they reached the other side of the garden…

Shin Hye: Oppa… (She then looks at Yong Hwa) Who is he?

Jong Hun: Shin Hye-ah, he is Yong Hwa… my friend.

Shin Hye: Your friend? Yong Hwa?

Jong Hun: Ne. He’ll be joining us here from now on.

Shin Hye: Annyeonghaseyo.

Yong Hwa: Annyeonghaseyo.

From that day, the three of them would always meet there. Shin Hye and Yong Hwa would always come first. Jong Hun would meet them after an hour because his class finished an hour later than them. 

Every thing was perfect until one day Jong Hun told Yong Hwa to meet him at the other side of the garden where they first met.

Yong Hwa: Best friend John (He then did their high five gesture)

Jong Hun: Best friend Yong (He did high five too)

Yong Hwa: Why did you ask me to come here? Shin Hye will be waiting for us.

Jong Hun: Don’t worry. Shin Hye can’t come today. She went out with my Umma and Aunty Min Young.

Yong Hwa: Chincha? So, what are we going to do now?

Jong Hun: I need to tell you something Yong. (He looked sad)

Yong Hwa: Mwo?

Jong Hun: Yong-ah, I know you’re just the same age as Shin Hye. But can you promise me that you’ll take good care of her.

Yong Hwa: Mwo? Wae-yo?

Jong Hun: I’m leaving for America tomorrow night.

Yong Hwa: Leaving? America?

Jong Hun: Ne. My Umma said my brother is sick and Appa can’t take good care of him because he’s busy with work. So, we have to leave as soon as possible.

Yong Hwa: Can you not come with her? You can just stay with Shin Hye and her family. (He is sad too because Jong Hun is his first best friend)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter