The Announcement

Blue Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday... the day that Yong Hwa has been waiting for. The fast few days seems to be so slow for him. He wants to know if he got the part or not. He is already losing his hope in getting the part but every time he remembers the last words that Shin Hye whispered to him a week ago. He just can help but smile and hold on to what she said.

When he reached the auditorium, the audience area is already occupied by a lot of students and few professors so he finds it hard to look for his fellow Blue Buddies.

Yong Hwa's POV: Aissh, this is the disadvantage of not having a hand phone. I think I should have took the phone that my Appa is giving me.

Then Yong Hwa saw Min Hyuk waving his hand, signalling him to come to their direction. Yong Hwa walks to where they are sitting.

Min Hyuk: Hyung, finally you're here. You can sit here.

He sits in between Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun. Jung Shin is sitting beside Jong Hyun.  

Jong Hyun: We thought you're not coming. The director will already announce the other male lead in a few minutes.

Jung Shin: You made us all worried. We thought you back out already.

Yong Hwa: Aniyo, I won't. Mianhe for making you all worried. My Umma doesn't want me to leave the house unless I bring the hand phone that my Appa brought for me.  

Min Hyuk: Really, you mean our Hyung "Jung Yong Hwa" now has a hand phone.

Yong Hwa: I still don't have it.

Jung Shin: Mwo, I thought you can't leave your house without bringing your hand phone? 

Yong Hwa: Ne. But I told my Umma that I will only use that if I got the part in the play.

Jong Hyun: Yah! You really don't want to use a hand phone right? Because you know that you're not sure of this part that's why you use it as an excuse to your Umma.

Yong Hwa's POV: It's not what you think Jong Hyun.

Yong Hwa just smile and told them that the announcement is about to start when he saw Director Lee walking up to the stage.

Director Lee: Thank you for coming here today. We are really overwhelmed that a lot of students are really anticipating this year's school play. We will definitely make sure that your anticipation is worth it and you'll see something new. As a start, we had an audition for the other male lead, the reason why we are all here right now. Last week, there are five students who audition for the part. Today we will announce who that other male lead is. But first, I would like to ask those who audition to come up here on the stage.

Min Hyuk: Hyung, fighting!

Jung Shin: Hangunulbimnida! (Good luck)

Jong Hyun: Don't forget to give us your hand phone number. (He smiles)

Yong Hwa: Gomawo.

The other four are already up on the stage while Yong Hwa is still walking as his seat is a bit far from the stage. When Yong Hwa reached the stage, the director asks them to stand in a straight line on the stage. He asks Yong Hwa to stand at the center. Yong Hwa is puzzled but still he follows the director. 

Director Lee: Here are the five possible male leads. I know you all have your favorites now. But don't you worry; you'll all get to see them in our school play. Yes, you heard me right. As they are all really good, the four guys who will not be chosen will still be part of the school play. They will also have an important part in this play. So, for the meantime I will ask them all to go at the back stage first. We will introduce them all to you later. 

The director and the five men go to the back stage. When they reach the same area during the audition, Jong Hun is also there. When he saw Yong Hwa, he smiled at him.

Yong Hwa's POV: What's with him? Now he's smiling at me. Is it because he knows that I won't be getting the role?

Director Lee: Guys like what I've said a while ago, all of you are already part of this school play. But only one of you will be chosen as the other male lead which is the character of Kevin. But don't feel sorry because the characters of the other four will also a have big part in this play. So, this is how were going to do the announcement. I will introduce Jong Hun and Shin Hye first while all of you will be waiting behind that curtain. When I call the name of the other male lead, whoever he is, he will go out on the stage. He will introduce his name and character in the school play. Then the other four, will wait for me to call them. You'll know later what will be the role of the other four men.  

Yong Hwa's POV: Well it means even if I don't get the role I can still see her everyday.

Yong Hwa smiles with his thought that whether he gets the role or not he can still see Shin Hye everyday. Jong Hun noticed him.

Jong Hun's POV: Why is he smiling? Is he that confident that he'll get the role?

Mean while, inside the auditorium's audience area.

Min Hyuk: I hope Hyung will get the other male lead.

Jung Shin: I'm sure he will get it. I believe in his talent.

Jong Hyun: Don't worry, whether he gets the male lead or not. He will still be part of the school play.  

Then the director went to the stage again. Yong Hwa and the other four men waited behind the curtain like how the director instructed them. After a minute, Jong Hun came with Shin Hye. They all look at her with admiration. Jong Hun knows that a lot of male students admire Shin Hye and he won't be surprise if the reason why some of them auditioned for the play is because of her and that includes Yong Hwa. Shin Hye greets them and smile. But Jong Hun knows that her smile is really meant for Yong Hwa. 

Director Lee: Thank you all for waiting. Now, before I announce who will be the other male lead is. I will first call the other two leads of our school play entitled "Our Heart's Harmony". Let's all welcome our school's proud talents, Choi Jong Hun of the Music Department and Park Shin Hye of the Drama Department. 

The crowd applause when the two main lead appears on the stage. Jong Hun and Shin Hye are both good in their respective field. Students are really excited for the school play as this is the first time that this two are working together. Jong Hun and Shin Hye walks towards where the director is standing.  They greet them.

Jong Hun: Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Jong Hun-imnida from the Music Department. I will be playing the character of Henry. I hope that you will support this school play the same way you support our band. Kamsahamnida.

Shin Hye: Annyeonghaseyo, Park Shin Hye-imnida from the Drama Department. I will be playing the character of Gwen. Please give all your support to our school play. I will give all my best. Kamsahamnida. 

Director: Now, it's time to introduce the other male lead. And the lucky man who will complete the trio "Strings Harmony" is...

There's a complete silence inside the auditorium. The Blue Buddies are hoping that Yong Hwa will get the role. The five men waiting for the result are all so tensed.  

Yong Hwa's POV: What is this feeling? I thought it's fine if I won't get the role but now after seeing Shin Hye. I really want to take the role. What if I don't get the role and the part that the director will give me won't have direct interaction with her. How will I be able to see her everyday?

Director Lee: Jung Yong Hwa!

Yong Hwa's fellow Blue Buddies are so happy. Min Hyuk can't help but be proud of him.

Min Hyuk: Whoah! Hyung got it. Our Hyung got the role. He is our Hyung. (He stands up and say this to all the students near him)

Jong Hyun: Yah, Min Hyuk! Will you please sit down?  

Shin Hye smiles when the dire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter