Dream

Stuck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana was sitting on her own bed. She has been holding her phone for an hour now, thinking whether to dial the number or not but in the end, she still did.

"Hey" She heard the same familiar voice, "So I assume you have decided." Hana can't seem to find herself answering his question. Her mind went back to the day that made her decide.

"Anything wrong?" Yoongi turned his desk chair to face Hana. As soon as Yoongi came back from the interview, they went straight to his place, "You've been very silent. Did anything happen while I was gone?"

"Nothing really" She lied.

"Why do you look so down then? Is it about me failing the interview?" He guessed. Hana bit her own lip at the mention of the interview. It just reminds her of how she became a barricade between Yoongi and his dream.

"You're the one who told me that it's okay and there's always a next time" he laughed, "How do I cheer you up?" he asked but also answered himself, "Oh wait for me here, okay? I'll buy some fries and ice cream" she nodded as he left to buy the snack.

Meanwhile, Hana was still confused and guilty. She roamed around the tiny room when she found a dusty notebook tossed on one of Yoongi's messy box.

She flipped through the pages where she found that thing. It was written with Yoongi's handwriting.

From a year ago
Hey mom, they did it again. They asked what songwriting to me is, but this time I answered them right away. The answer was definitely 'it's my everything'. I'll be joining the next songwriting contest on Monday. You know times like this is when I miss you and dad, your support, and dad's stories during his peak in his songwriting career. It's about to be a New Year* soon. I promise that one day, I'll make you all proud.

"So I wasn't only a barricade between him and his dream" she murmured, hands fervently shaking, "I.....am also stepping on his parents' dream"

Silence was enough for Himchan to confirm her answer.

"Don't worry I'll take care of everything. You just have to prepare yourself." Even without seeing, she knows he was smiling behind, "You chose the right path" 

"Thank you" Hana tried to put on her happiest voice. She still has a lot of doubts in her mind. She still thinks of her father the same. She still hates him to the the moon and back. She still hates to be back under him...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter