Alternative Ending.

Marrying Mr. Know It All // (Alternative Ending is up!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minseul.” Baekhyun spoke up as you were in the living room, watching tv, “I truly am sorry for everything I have done to hurt you.”

You glanced at him, “You’ve said that a lot.”

“Can you let me talk at least? Can’t you let me explain myself and beg for your forgiveness?”

You sighed and lowered the tv volume, looking at him with crossed arms, “Go on. Now’s your chance.”

“I’m sorry I slept with Yeri, I’m sorry I said those harsh words to you. I’m sorry that I asked everyone to keep it a secret from you. I didn’t want to see you get hurt, I didn’t want to see you cry because of me.”

“Do you think that if I found later I wouldn’t get hurt? I would still get hurt and it would hurt much more.”

He looked down, “I know I’m not the father of the baby. I know you said that doesn’t count anymore in your list. I know you’re hurting right now because of the harsh things I told you.” He held your hand gently, “Minseul, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I never meant to hurt you that way. I got held up by my emotions.”

You glanced at him as he held your hands. “I promise you.” He said, “If you give me another chance, I won’t screw up. I won’t make you cry again, I won’t say such things to hurt you.”

“It stabbed me in the heart.” You whispered as you felt a tear roll down your cheeks, “The fact that you can compare me with some other girl like that. You make her sound better than me, you make it sound as if I’m not trying for you, as if you don’t love me any longer.”

He wiped the tears off your cheeks, “I love you, Minseul. So much and you know that.”

“Baekhyun.” You put down his hand from you cheeks, “Let me tell you now, let me tell you in advance, I know you love me, I can see it and I love you too. I know you’ll say you can’t live without me and I feel that I can’t live without you too. But, even if that’s what we feel, that’s what we think, life doesn’t really go the way we want it to.”

“We can if we try. We can if we want it to.”

You stood up, “I’m sorry, Baekhyun.”

“You have nothing to apologize for. It’s me who should be apolo-

“No.” You shook your head, “I have something to apologize for. You may not know why now, but you will find it out yourself soon.”

“Do you have someone else?”

“No.”

“Then wh-“

“Don’t ask me why. Just find it out yourself.” You turned your back on him and went to your room.

--

“Do you know any reason why Minseul would apologize to me?” Baekhyun asked his friends. “No?” Chen unsurely answered, “Shouldn’t it be you who is apologizing?”

“I know, but then she just said sorry and stuff.”

“Maybe she has a fault too. Did you ask her?” Kris asked. “I did try asking her why, but she said I’ll find out myself.”

“Maybe she found someone else.” Tao replied. “Like who? Myungsoo?”

“You never know. Myungsoo had a thing for her when they first met.” said Kai. “Shut up.” Baekhyun threw a piece of bread at the younger one. “Jealous, are we?” Chanyeol teased. “You too, yoda.”

“Can we not throw food while we’re eating? Unless you want a food fight to start at the cafeteria, which I doubt any of you would want at the moment because none of us don’t want to be scolded.” Suho nagged. “Woah, mama Suho. Calm down.” Luhan laughed. “I don’t mind getting in trouble.” Sehun smirked. “Really, huh? So maknae likes trouble.” Xiumin raised an eyebrow at the youngest. “Oldest seems so kind and always out of trouble.” Sehun bit back. “Respect those older than you.” Lay spoke up as he ate. “Just eat your food, unicorn.” The youngest once again bit back. “I see what he means by he doesn’t bother getting in trouble.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

--

“Sir, someone is here to see you.” The maid told Baekhyun as he entered the house, coming home from school. He headed straight to the living room to see a man in a suit, sitting there. The man stood up as he saw Baekhyun and reached out his hand, “Mr. Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too. Have a seat.” Baekhyun gave him a weird look as he shook hands and sat down across the man. “I’m Park Jihoon. Here’s my card.” He handed Baekhyun a business card. “A lawyer? Did I get into trouble with the law or something?” Baekhyun asked as he read it. The lawyer laughed and shook his head, “No, not at all. I’m just here to discuss a few things with you.”

“Go on, I’m listening.”

“Do you know Mrs. Shin Minseul?”

“Did something bad happen to her?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he heard your name. “No, she’s doing perfectly fine.”

He let out a sigh of relief, “I thought she did something against the law.”

“She’s your wife, isn’t she?”

“Yes, she is.”

“Well, your wife, Mrs. Shin Minseul, she met up with me a week ago to discuss a few things.”

“And?”

“She took me as a lawyer. Actually, I am their family’s lawyer.”

“Why would she need you?”

“She filed for a divorce a few days ago and after going through with it and getting an approval from her, all we need now is your approval then we can send this to court for trial.”

“What?! She filed for a divorce?!” Baekhyun shouted and he felt his world shatter into pieces as soon as he heard the word divorce. The lawyer kept calm and nodded, opening the folders showing him the documents you’ve signed. Beside your name and signature was a blank space, waiting for his signature.

“I can’t sign this. No, I won’t sign this.”

“But if you don’t sign this then you two won’t be able to di-“

“We won’t be able to divorce? Fine then, we won’t. I don’t want to divorce her. It’s only her who wants it.”

“She can file a case against you. She can sue you.”

“She may be able to ask for a divorce but she won’t be able to sue me just because I didn’t sign this.”

“I can.”

Baekhyun turned around and saw you standing there, coming home from sch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter