03.

Marrying Mr. Know It All // (Alternative Ending is up!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were eating lunch at the cafeteria like it was just any other day; you once again heard the squeals of the girls around. You saw the 12 boys walk in, get their lunch, and sat in their usual table. Looking at them one at a time, wondering what was so special about them, they had looks and riches, but that was all. Your eyes stopped at a certain person, Baekhyun. You looked down at your food and sighed. Once again, you glanced at him then decided to stand up; you walked your way to their table. “Hey, guys.” You greeted them with a smile. They looked up at you with confused looks, “What are you doing here?” Tao asked. “What am I doing here at school? Or what am I doing here at your table talking to you all?”

“In our table, of course.” Tao rolled his eyes. “Can I borrow Baekhyun for a minute or two?” You looked at him; he stood up and gave you a look to follow him. “Just a minute or two, alright? Better return him after!” Chanyeol teased as you followed Baekhyun.

 

“What do you want?” Baekhyun asked as you two entered an empty classroom. You looked at him with worry written all over your face, “Are you alright?” He nodded avoiding your eyes, “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“I heard your dad’s sick.” You mumbled. He looked out the window with crossed arms, “Your parents told you already.” You went over to him and looked out the window too, “How long has he been sick?”

“It’s been 2 months since we found out.”

“He seemed fine though when we had dinner last night.”

“He had his medications before going to the restaurant and he’s been having his regular checkups.”

“Why didn’t you tell me anything? About your dad getting sick and stuff? Even if we don’t talk much, your parents are already like family to me. They take care of me when my parents are not around.” You kept staring out the window. “When the doctor told us about my dad’s heart problem, I knew that he wouldn’t last long. At that time, I thought about you.”

“Me?” You looked at him. “Yes, you. I knew because of this, we would get married soon.” He looked down and sighed, “I already had that gut feeling. And guess what, I was right. Last week, my dad told me on how he wanted to see me get married. He said it was one of his last wishes. So, I told him, I’d marry you in 3 months.” He looked at you. You could feel that he was guilty; it was him who actually suggested getting married this early. You smiled, “You’re a good son.”

“I just want to fulfill my dad’s last wishes. He worked hard for me, for the family. That’s how we got to where we are now. I’m his only son; I should at least return back the things he did for me. I won’t have much time left to return the favors.”

“He does all those things out of love for you. Parents never ask for anything in return.”

“I know that. I never got to show my parents how much I loved them. Growing up with different nannies, my parents being busy with work all the time, I barely get to see them.” He turned to you and looked straight into your eyes, “You know the feeling of growing up not seeing your parents often too.” You slightly nodded and sighed, “I felt alone.”

“But you still loved them, no matter what.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter