39.

Marrying Mr. Know It All // (Alternative Ending is up!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi.” You slowly went to Yeri’s bed, “I got quite lost in this ward looking for you. There were so many patients.”

She looked up and saw you awkwardly standing there, “Minseul, what are you doing here?”

You looked at EXO who was around her then went over to her, “How are you feeling?”

“I-I’m fine.”

“Hm? I doubt that. You lost a child.” You said. She had a small smile on her face, “You’ve got to know me well, huh?”

You nodded, “What was the cause of the miscarriage?”

“The doctor said it was too much stress. It wasn’t good for the baby, especially that I’m in my first trimester. I was only 9 weeks pregnant.”

“I…I’m…I’m really sorry for what happened.”

“Why are you sorry? You didn’t do anything. It was my fault for not taking care of myself.”

You shook your head, “No, it was my fault. I gave you stress, because of what I did and the things I told you. It caused you a lot of stress. I’m sorry for that, for all the things I did and for the things I’ve said that hurt you.”

She smiled and held your hand, “How can you be so kind? That baby, it was the only way to connect me and Baekhyun together, it was the reason for everything that has happened to you and Baekhyun, yet you come here and visit me, telling me everything is your fault and you’re apologizing. It makes me feel like I’m such a mean person. You’re too kind.”

You looked at her and caressed her cheeks, “Listen to me, Yeri. Even if that baby was the reason for everything, no matter how much you look at it, that baby is just innocent. Choosing to keep it was a good thing.”

She smiled, “Thank you for being such a good friend, Minseul.”

“You too.”

“So, can we be friends again?”

You gave her a small smile and nodded, “Of course. And like I said, if you need me, I’ll be here.”

She smiled, “Thank you.”

You looked at the others and smiled at them, “I have to go. There are too much people here. The doctor and nurses might slowly throw us out of here one at a time.”

They laughed and smiled at you, “See you soon, Minseul.”

You nodded and turned around, leaving. “Please come back home.”

You froze at the sound of his voice.

“Come back home and don’t leave me.” He said, desperation could be heard in his voice.

You ignored him and took a step forward. You heard his deep sigh. “Minseul, I need to talk to you some more.” Yeri spoke up, “Can you leave the two of us alone first?”

They all nodded and left the ward as Yeri requested. You looked at her and went over, “If it’s about Baekhyun and you’re trying to help him. It won’t work.”

“I can see how hurt and depressed he was when you told him you wanted to split up. That wouldn’t just mean breaking up for you two, right? That would mean you had to tell your parents you wanted a divorce. I can also see it in your eyes, you’re hurt, but you still love him. Deep inside of you, there’s a part of you that doesn’t want to leave him. A very very big part of you doesn’t want to leave him.”

“I’m not going to listen to this.” You sighed. She ignored you and continued talking, “You need him. There’s no more baby, Minseul. There’s nothing to get in your way anymore. Give him another chance. I’m pretty sure he won’t make a mistake again, he won’t hurt you again.”

You slowly looked down and sighed once again. “Think about it, go back home, and make up with him. He needs you and you need him. Everytime I see you both, I see you two are perfect for each other. Don’t deny it either, you love him so much and you can’t stand losing him.”

You looked at her, “I-I’ll…I’ll think about it.”

--

Baekhyun came home and looked at the maids who were standing by the door, smiling. “What is it?”

“Minseul’s back home.”

“S-She’s what?”

“She’s back.”

He ran inside the house and saw you sitting on the couch, watching TV. “Minseul!” He came over to you, smiling. You looked at him with a poker face. He sat beside you and tried to get a hug, but you pushed him away before he could. “M-Minseul.”

You sighed, “I came home because I couldn’t stay in Myungsoo’s house any longer. I feel bad for his parents, even if they were so kind to me, they were also probably wondering when I was going to leave. I also came home because I thought about my parents and your mom, what if they visit and I’m not here. Another reason is because Yeri asked me to.”

He looked at you and tried getting closer to you. “I have a few conditions.” You spoke up, “Don’t get near me unless it’s needed. Don’t talk to me unless you need to tell me something important and unless I talk to you first. Don’t try to act all sweet to me. Don’t even bother looking at me.”

“Don’t you think that’s too much?”

“No, I don’t think so. And oh, I’m going to start sleeping in the guest room.”

“What?”

“Do you think I’d want to sleep in the same room with you? Going to the same school, being in every class together, living in the same house, and breathing the same air is already suffocating me. Do you think I can still live sleeping in the same room with you?”

He looked down and sighed. “Do you want a second chance?”

He slowly looked up as he nodded. “Then let me be, do this until I have my head cleared out. You’re just lucky Yeri was a good enough talker to make me do this.”

“She told you to give me those conditions?”

“No, she told me to think about everything, to move back in and to give you a second chance. Having cond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter