25.

Marrying Mr. Know It All // (Alternative Ending is up!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey! Hey! Hey!” Baekhyun entered the bedroom loudly. “Yo.” You greeted not looking up from the book you were reading. “What are you doing?”

“Trying to memorize this book.” You sighed, “I don’t know why nothing’s going into my head.”

“You mean for the quiz in Math?”

You nodded, “There are so many calculations and it’s so complicated, nothing going inside my head.”

“Chill.” He sat beside you, “Don’t overwork yourself.”

“But I seriously can’t memorize anything. Not one bit.”

He took the book from you and put it at side, “You need to rest.”

“I need to finish studying.”

He forced you to lie down in bed, “Rest for awhile then study when you wake up. Just take a nap, okay?”

You sighed and nodded, “Alright.”

He smiled and caressed your cheeks, “Good.” He stood up and took his phone. “Are you going somewhere?” You asked. “I’m going to meet Yeri.”

You sat up in bed and crossed your arms. “What?” He looked at you. “You’re flirting with her, aren’t you?”

“No, I’m not.” He fixed his self in front of the mirror. “You’re all dressed up for her.”

He rolled his eyes, “No, I’m not.”

“You are~” You teased. He chuckled, “The only person I’d dress up and look handsome for is you.” He winked at you and left. You cringed as he winked at you, “You’re seriously so cheesy!” You shouted as he left.

--

“Hi!” Myungsoo greeted you as you came in class. “Hi there!” You smiled and went beside him, “Is Yeri here yet?”

“No, why are you looking for her?”

“Because she’s spending a lot of time with Baekhyun these days.”

“Are you jealous?” He teased. You laughed, “No, I just want to see if they have something going on.”

“But you and Baekhyun are married.”

“Not like we wanted to get married to each other. Our parents forced us to.”

He laughed and saw Baekhyun come in, glaring at him. You saw Myungsoo’s scared expression and turned to the direction he was looking at. You saw Baekhyun by the door, glaring at Myungsoo. You rolled your eyes and sighed, “Byun Baekhyun, I am going to remove your eyes if you don’t stop glaring at my Science partner.”

Baekhyun’s gaze shifted to you, still glaring. You ignored him and turned back to Myungsoo, “Don’t be scared of him.”

Myungsoo looked at you, “His glare was pretty serious, as if he was going to eat me alive if touch you.”

You laughed, “He can’t do that, besides he has no choice, we’re partners.”

 

Once class started, the professor gave you a small partner activity, you and Myungsoo kept laughing at each other’s answers. You answered some of the questions sarcastically and he did the same. Of course, you wouldn’t pass your paper like that and changed the answers to the correct ones after having a little fun. You saw Baekhyun on his phone, reading something, he suddenly stood up and excused himself out of class, Yeri followed after him. The bell rang for the next class and the two never came back.

During lunch break you searched for the two and were nowhere to be found. “Hey, guys.” You went over to EXO’s usual table in the cafeteria, “Have you seen Baekhyun or Yeri anywhere?”

Suho looked at you, “You don’t know?”

“What?” You asked. “Your father-in-law…” Suho wasn’t sure if he was going to continue his sentence. “What happened to Baek’s dad?”

“He passed away this morning.” Suho mumbled. “What?! When?!”

“We don’t know. Baekhyun texted us during our classes.”

“He did?”

They all nodded. “Maybe Yeri also knows and went with him to comfort him.”

You wondered why Baekhyun never told you first or even texted you. Both of you were in the same class, his dad was still your father-in-law, you had the right to know what happened. You ran through the hallways looking for Baekhyun. You could imagine him crying by himself and not wanting anyone to go near him. You weren’t sure if you he was going to talk to you but you had to try, you didn’t want him to go through this alone. You couldn’t find him anywhere and was almost giving up. You took out your phone and called him a few times, there was no answer. You finally dialed your mother-in-law’s number just to confirm what had happened.

“Hello?” She picked up the phone. “Ma’am! I mean, mom. Mother-in-law. Ah, it’s Minseul.” You were obviously panicking. “Minseul, why did you call?”

“Is it true? About Baekhyun’s dad?” You asked. You heard her sigh in the other line, “I-It’s true. He passed away this morning.” Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter