26.

Marrying Mr. Know It All // (Alternative Ending is up!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days later, during the weekend, you saw Baekhyun watching TV in the living room, you quietly went over to him and sat beside him, “B-Baekhyun.”

He glanced at you then shifted his eyes back at the TV. “H-How are you feeling?” You asked. “Fine.”

You looked around, you don’t know why you were stuttering while talking to him or why you felt awkward, “D-Do you need any comfort? I mean, I’m here if you need me, remember? We’re trying to get closer to each other and understand each other.”

He shook his head, “I’m alright.”

You nodded, “Oh okay.”

His phone rang and a text message came, he took out his phone, you secretly glanced at the screen and saw the message was from Yeri. You looked away as soon as you saw the name. “I’m going out. I’ll be home late.” He stood up and didn’t bother looking at you. “Bye.” You mumbled as he left. You let out a deep sigh and unknowingly, you started crying. The maids were shocked at the sight in front of them, they never really saw you cry unless you got into big trouble and your parents scolded you. You took the couch pillow and hugged it tightly as you cried. You felt someone sit beside you and pat your back. You looked up and saw Ms. Lee, the head housemaid, comforting you. You immediately hugged her, “Unnie.”

“What’s wrong, sweetie? Is it because you couldn’t comfort Baekhyun after what happened? Are you disappointed at yourself?”

You shook your head. “What is it then?”

“My….my heart.” You sobbed, “It hurts so much. It isn’t physical pain I’m feeling right now. It’s emotional pain.”

She patted your back as you cried. “What are you talking about?”

“Why does it hurt so much, unnie? Why does my hurt so much when Baekhyun treated me like that? Why did it hurt so much when I saw Yeri comforting him? When I saw them talking after the funeral? Why did it hurt so much when I saw that text from her? I can’t even look at them at class.”

She smiled at your questions and looked at the others maids around. They also smiled knowing what was happening to you.

“You have to find out the answers yourself.” She wiped your tears. “What if I can’t find out the answers?”

“You will, I know you will. You’re smart. You’ll find out.”

You nodded and hugged her even tighter, she continued patting your back as you comforted yourself in her embrace.

--

It’s been weeks since you actually had a conversation with Baekhyun. These days, you would see him, but you two wouldn’t talk. You didn’t know why there was an awkward atmosphere between you both, you tried getting rid of i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter