Chapter 8

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

            "Bomi, where have you been? I heard you took some hours off and where is your uniform?" Asuna asked as I checked in for work.

            She always forgets that I go see Eric and she’s the only one I told about Eric besides my boss, he needs to know why I’m not showing up at work. 

            "I went to go see Eric today and Mr. Hyung says I don’t have to wear it for today, remember?" I answered.

            "Oh yeah, I'm sorry," she gave me a hug.

            "It's okay," I said, returning the hug.

            "Bomi, my tie needs help again," Daehyun said walking in, fiddling with his tie. I sighed and walked over to him and fixed his tie.

            "When will you learn to fix your own tie? How do you even fix your school tie?" I questioned him.

            "Easy, it’s a clip on," he said with a smile.

            "Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

            "You know this is the most I heard you talk before, something has finally opened you up," he narrowed his eyes and smiled at me.

            "Maybe," I shrugged my shoulders.

            "Bomi, table four needs a waitress!" Kirito shouted out. "Seven people!"

            "I'm coming! Geez, only been here for thirty seconds and I already have to work," I grumbled after fixing Collin’s tie, I slapped him on the chest then grabbed seven menus and my notepad before heading out. "Hello I'm Bomi..."

            "Bomi?" One of them said.

            "Sungmin?" I recognized the accent, the same blonde hair and cute baby-face from the bakery.

            AH! What am I saying? I began to fiddle with my fingers underneath the menus which I then handed them to the group of boys.

            "Hey, you remember! I didn't know you worked here," he said with a smile.

            "Well, we don't really know each other so," I replied. “And we kind of just met so…”

            "Right..." He said as if he just made it awkward for the both of us (which he did). "These are my friends; you perhaps have to have seen them around." 

            I bowed a bit and they bowed back. They then ordered and I turned around to leave.

            "Hey, hopefully you think about my offer so then we can get to know each other," Sungmin called out before I left.

            "Yeah, maybe," I said back to him and left for the kitchen with a small smile.

            "Ooh, someone's flirting," Asuna said and poked my side.

            "You? Flirting? That’s hilarious!" Daehyun guffawed.

            "I was not," I stated and hung up the order to the kitchen.

            "Of course, you weren't but the cute blonde kid was," she said and pointed to Sungmin.

            "Really?" I questioned her, raising an eyebrow.

            Wow, first time I've ever heard someone was flirting with me, I thought and the scratched top of my head.

            "It’s pretty obvious," she nodded her head. "He basically asked you out on a date too!"

            "Or maybe he's trying to be nice and wants to be friends with Bomi," Daehyun said. "You girls just think every guy that talks to you is flirting with you."

            "Ha, what do you know about flirting?” She crossed her arms.

            “More than you, little girl,” he patted her head.

            “Anyway, but still his eyes lit up like Christmas lights seeing you and Bomi is the perfect ideal type every guy wants; she has flawless white skin, has a cute innocent baby face, beautiful long brown hair, big brown eyes, plump pink lips, is five feet and two inches tall, has nice long legs like K-pop girl idols, and a kind, sweet personality," Asuna explained. I was touched, she described me as someone I never even see when I look at a mirror.

            "Are you guys talking about me?" Kirito said, popping his head around the corner from where we all stood.

            "Ew, why would I?" Asuna said, folding her arms and rolled her eyes.

            Asuna and Kirito actually have a thing for each other but they won’t admit to it. It's hilarious though to see them teasing each other everyday.

            "Why wouldn't you? I'm just too fabulous for you girls," he said, flipping his nonexistent long hair.

            "Whatever," Asuna turned her attention back to me. "So I think you should take his offer."

            I turned to look at table and they were all talking to each other. "Plus the cool guy you're looking at now, he was acting like a total goof ball before he saw you coming," she said, walking away.

            Does he really like me after just meeting each other for a few minutes? I thought.

 

SUNGMIN

            "You're kidding right; she's the school's target?" I was dumbfounded, I've been at Junseo since freshmen year and I just now met the girl the school has been targeted by everyone.

             I guess the word doesn’t get around fast through our large school, I thought. Wow, that was a weird paradox.

            "I know right! She's like so pretty, prettier than most of the popular girls at Junseo. I don't understand why they bully her," Jiseok said. "And everyone says she's poor but I can’t tell for all I know she could be filthy rich!"

            "I feel horrible now," I ran my fingers through my hair. "When I first met Bomi at the bakery, I asked her if she saw that girl that got egged and said it was funny then she responded by saying that it was her."

            "But hey, you're doing the right thing by getting to know her. I heard she doesn't have any friends," Taeha pointed out to me.

            Taeha is right plus ever since she left the bakery, I couldn't get Bomi out of my head. Even though I just met her, she was just stuck in there; it was like we already knew each other, I thought as I rubbed my head.

            "Bomi's coming," Jungwoo said and I quickly sat up straight.

            "Okay here is your food, please enjoy your meal," she said with a smile and bowed. Her smile is making me go crazy right now.

            Gosh! Why is she so pretty? I smiled back at her.

           

            After our meal, we paid and started heading back out to our dance studio.

            "Oh um… guys wait, I think I left something inside," I stepped back inside the restaurant and saw Bomi cleaning our table. "Hey Bomi."

            "Oh Sungmin back so soon," she said with a small smile. Geez, please stop with your beautiful smiles. Okay, don’t stop but still.

            "He-he yeah, I came back to um… give you this," I handed her the folded piece of paper; she slowly grabbed it and unfolded it.

            "Is this your phone number?" She asked with the small paper in her hands.

            "Yeah," I rubbed the back of my neck from the embarrassment.

            "I'm sorry, I can't take this," she said, handing me back the paper and my heart dropped. She walked away with menus in her arms.

            "Wait, why?" I questioned, following her.

            "I don't have a phone, so it would be useless," she answered, she turned back around and stared to wipe down the table. I then remembered Taeha mentioning me that she's said to be poor.

            "Oh," I grabbed her hand, opened it and placed the paper inside and smiled. "Keep it so when you do find a phone just call me if you need anything."

            "O-oh okay," she stuttered a bit.

            "Hopefully, I see you tomorrow at school," I said, leaving.

            "Bye," she said, standing there with a bit of a shocked face. I smiled.

 

BOMI

            I froze at the quick skinship, I looked down at my hand Sungmin touched; it was a forceful but gentle touch.

            "You okay, Bomi?" Daehyun asked as he stood in front of me waving his hand in front of my face. “Hello? Earth to Bomi.”

            "Yeah, I think so," I said. I shook my head and shoved the paper in my pocket then went back to cleaning the table. "Why is there so many people that go to Junseo and they do not know who I am?"

            "Maybe you need to get out there, you know get attention," he replied and I glared at him.

            Of course, I know bragging about being the school's target is the weirdest thing to do but maybe; I guess the whole school isn't attacking me.

            "Bomi, you should go home now, it’s getting dark outside," Daehyun said, wiping down the last table.

            "Are you sure?" I questioned.

            "Yeah, I can take care of the rest, I'll see you at school," he answered with a nod of his head.

            "Okay then, get home safely," I patted his shoulder.

            “Girl, you get yourself home safely,” he lightly tapped my nose and smiled.

            I smiled back and left running back home.

 

            "Nappeun Nyeon, did you see that stupid cousin of yours today?" My mother asked as I walked in and I nodded afraid to say anything else. "When are you going to stop, he's gone, never coming back!"

            "No," I murmured, looking down at my feet.

            "Excuse me?" My mother narrowed her eyes at me.

            "No, I won't stop seeing him," I started to tremble.  "And you can't stop me."

            "You disrespectful girl!" She yelled with a raise of her powerful and frightening hand.

            I froze. Too afraid to move. Her long fingernails roughly scraped across my cheek.

            "Fine, do what you want! Just get out of my ing sight!" She yelled. "Ungrateful ," I hear her mutter as she walked off.

            I walked quickly into my room. This will leave a mark. Long red streaks were imprinted on my skin; some of my skin has been scraped off as well.

 

            I woke up and looked in the mirror and gasped. "I don't even own any make-up to cover it," I said, touching my cheeks where the red streaks would have been but is now replaced by scabs.   

             I put down my hand and sighed; I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

 

            "Bomi!" I hear his familiar, sweet voice.

            I looked over my shoulder and there was Jin walking towards me. "Bomi, I was just about to… Whoa what happened to your face?" He cupped my face with one hand and lifted up my face; his finger traced along the scratches that were etched in my skin.

            Even if I can't see what position we were in, I could already tell it looks like he was about to kiss me. I could feel the death glares burning through my skin from the fan girls.

            I quickly push him away from. "I'm sorry," he apologizes.

            "Its fine, I just accidently scratched myself," I said, hoping he bought my lie.

 

JIN

            Lies. I don't believe this girl at all. A scratch like that it had to be made by someone with long nails and looking at Bomi’s fingernails they were really short.

            She quickly hid her hands behind her back; I guess she saw me looking at them.

             Must of have been her mother. I sighed, and shoved my hands in my pockets

            "Let’s go," I gave a kind smile and she nodded.

 

DASOM

            I can't believe that ugly, poor girl was about to kiss Jin! I stomped my feet against the tile floor.

            You will pay for this. Then and idea popped in my head and I smiled to myself, I turned to Chanmi and whispered my idea to her.

            "He-he, let's get Dujoon on this maybe he can help carry her," she giggled.

            I hope you never return after this, I thought.

 

BOMI

            Once we walked into the cafeteria, all the guys kept asking me what happened to my cheek but I just shrugged off their questions.

            "So today is Friday and all..." Jimin started off after a period of awkward silence. "Would you like to go skating with us, Bomi?"

            "Today? I don't know," I had to think about it for a bit, I hadn't been to the skate deck since seventh grade, obviously, Eric took me but I probably can't skate well. Plus my side is still in pain and it's still the ugliest bruise ever.

            "Well, if you can't go today then how about next week?" Jin suggested.

            I wonder if my parents would let me out of the house. Wait, who cares anyway because they don't, I thought.

            "Sure," I responded.

            "Okay, cool. Let’s head to class now guys," Yoongi said.

            "Let’s go," Jin said, lending his hand to help me up and I happily took it. His hands were warm and soft.

            I wouldn’t mind holding a hand like this every day. I thought as we let go each other’s hand.

 

SUNGMIN

            Ugh where is she? I don't see her, I thought as I waited impatiently outside my classroom door to see if Bomi came to school today.

            "You waiting for your girl?" Yoohwan asked, leaning against the door frame.

            "Yes and for your information she isn’t my girl," I said in defense.

            "Not yet that is," he smirked and I shoved him back into the classroom.

            “Go away, Yoohwan,” I shouted at him but he just stuck his tongue out and laughed at me.

            Then there she was walking gracefully down the hallway but her expression is way different than when I saw her.

            Is she always like this at school? She looks upset and her eyes are full of loneliness. Oh my, are those scratches on her face? I wonder what happened to her beautiful, precious face, I thought as she walked closer to her classroom.

            I noticed she was with Jin, Taehyung, Jimin. I wanted to say something but she was already in her classroom. I sighed of disappointment and walked back into the classroom.

 

BOMI

            The days quickly go by and once in a while, I get looked at by some girls and Dasom too. Though their looks are more devious, I try to shrug it off but I'm curious why they give me that look. 

 

            The last bell of the day rang for the day and everyone quickly got up and packed their belongings before racing out the room to catch their rides back home or to private tutoring or going out with their best friends unlike me who is walking home alone.

            "Wait Bomi, can you come here for a bit?" Mrs. Chan asked, before I stepped foot out of the room.

            "Yes," I said walking over to her desk.

            "You're smart right?" She asked.

            What kind of question is that? I'm the top number one student in the whole school and in honors, obviously I'm smart! I thought.

            "Wait, sorry let me rephrase that, do you know how to grade papers?" She asked.

            "Yes, I do," I answered.

            "Can you do me a big favor and stay after school to grade these math tests? My sister is in the hospital so I don't have time to grade these test before tomorrow?" She asked.

            Well, I couldn't say no so I gladly accepted her requests.

            "Thank you so much, I will repay for you this good deed!" She said and left me in the room with a stack of tests.

            "Okay well let’s get started," I said and sat back down with a red pen and starting grading.

            Wow, I wonder how some of these people get into Honors? I thought as I gave someone a 30% on their test.

 

TAEHYUNG

            "Where is Bomi?" I asked myself as I waited for Bomi.

            I wanted to walk her home but she hasn't shown up yet. "I'll just keep waiting." I said to myself and leaned against the stone pillar.

 

DASOM

            Where could that girl be? I thought.

             Bomi still has not shown up yet and it’s making me pissed. Then I see Mrs. Chan walk out the building with her car keys in hand.

            "Oh Mrs. Chan, have you seen Bomi?' I asked, kindly.

            "She’s in the classroom grading tests," she replied.

            "Oh really, thank you so much! Have a good evening," I said smiling and bowed down. I turned my attention to my girls and Dujoon. "Should we just wait for her or go in and attack?"

            "Let’s wait and let her do her good deed," Dujoon said, closing his eyes and leaning back on the pillar.

            Ah he’s so hot! I fanned myself down before I overheated.

 

TAEHYUNG

            So Bomi is grading papers I see, I thought. I heard all this from Dasom and Mrs. Chan but why would Dasom be worried about Bomi?

            Then I heard them talking about going in and attack. I don't know but something weird is going on. I watched them go back inside the school and so I followed them closely behind just to make sure they aren’t planning anything sinister.

 

BOMI

            It’s been almost an hour until I finally finish the grading the test. "Ugh why is grading so tiring?" I asked myself, stretching my arms up.

            "How about you take a break?" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up and saw Dasom, I immediately stood up.

            "Don't be frightened it's just me and a few other friends," she walked towards me and I stumbled backwards. She took one big step towards me and I ran towards the window, she laughed at my cowardliness.

            I need to get out of here! I thought and ran towards the other door but it was blocked by Chanmi.

            "Ha, you're not going anywhere!" She laughed. I couldn't go to the other door since Dasom is over there.

            I stood there frozen. Fearing my next move will be a mistake. All of a sudden, I was lifted off my feet and was in a bridal style position. I screamed and squirmed to get out of his strong gripped.

            "Do you want to be thrown off the building instead?" He asked, angrily. I stopped moving and looked up. It was Dujoon. "That's what I thought, let’s go."

            "Let go of me!" I said, hitting his chest but he just ignored me and he walked on with Dasom and Chanmi walking in front.

            Clack, clack, clack! The sounds of their heels bounced off the walls and banged against my eardrums.

            “Where are you taking me?” I asked frightened.

             I then noticed where we were headed. No. I violently squirmed around in his arms, hoping to be released but it wasn’t any help his grip just got even tighter.

            We walked in and it was moist and humid feeling, the smell was full of the chlorine. Dujoon stopped walking when we were only feet away from the pool.

            "Bomi, what did I tell you about staying away from Bangtan?" She asked in her high pitched voice. I come to school seeing you and Jin almost kissing, what’s wrong with this picture? You've ignored me Park Bomi and now it's time to pay." She says and nods to Dujoon and he starts walking towards the pool.

            "I hope you never come back!" I hear her yell before I was engulfed by the icy, cool waters of the pool.

===========================

Triple update!!!!!!!!!