Chapter 18

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

AUTHOR

          Bomi groaned and muttered odious words due to the pain as she moved around in the bed. “Ugh where am I?” She asked and rubbed her throbbing head.

            “Bomi, you’re awake!” Sungmin sat up straight and held Bomi’s hand. “We’re at the hospital.”

            Bomi looked around the room surrounded by big white walls and deeply sighed. “I always knew I would end up in here someday.”

 

            "It’s going to hurt just a little so just endure it," Sungmin said as he applied the ointment to Bomi's wounds, there were a lot of cuts and scrapes around her body and bruises.

            Bomi into some air as the ointment started to sting. "There that's all the wounds," Sungmin said, standing up from the bed.

            "Wait, there's one more," Bomi said.

            "Where?" He asked, getting ready to apply some ointment. Bomi slipped her shirt off her shoulder and Sungmin gulped down. But then what revealed on her shoulder shocked him.

            "This one looks really bad Bomi, we should ask the doctor to look at it instead," Sungmin gave Bomi a worried.

            "I'll be fine, the ointment will help," Bomi said.

            Sungmin applied the ointment around the, hideous and painful, bruise that had formed on her shoulder. He traced his finger around the scar that etched itself onto her skin.

            "There," he slipped her shirt back on her shoulder.

            "Thank you for helping me," she said.

            "No problem, anything for you," Sungmin flashed a smile at her. “Let’s take you home.”

            Sungmin helped Bomi get up and they walked down the hallway towards the nurse’s table. They paid fort he treatments and signed the discharge papers and took a cab back to Bangtan’s house.

 

             "So you really are living with them?" He looked around Bomi’s room.

            "Yeah but this is just temporary until I can find my own place," Bomi said, playing with her fingers.

            "You know you can always come stay with me, I don't live the other members, I live by myself so it gets lonely sometimes," he said and began to play with Bomi’s fingers too.

            "No, I don't want to burden you since you have to make meals for two and you just have to double everything," Bomi said with a concerned look.

            "Oh okay," Sungmin said with a disappointed tone.

             But Bangtan has seven people so they have to feed an eighth mouth. Bomi, I don’t understand you sometimes like, seriously, you make no sense at all when it comes to making decisions for yourself; Sungmin thought and dropped Bomi’s hand.

            "You can leave if you want you don’t have to stay here with me," Bomi said.

            "Will you be okay in this house alone?" Sungmin asked, standing up.

            Bomi nodded her head. “I’ll probably take a nap or something,” she said and hugged Sungmin before he left and he kissed the top of her forehead. "Plus school is going to be over soon, so Bangtan should be here by then."

            "Bye Bomi," Sungmin said and with that he left Bomi alone in her room waiting for Bangtan to return from school.

 

BOMI

          I walked back into my room and lay down on my bed. I took out my phone and touched the screen. My wallpaper was a picture of me and Sungmin when we hung out at the mall.

            It was a perfect picture, just me and him. Nothing bad is happening between us but we’re like perpendicular lines. We meet once and everything is stupendous but it’s like we weren’t meant to be since we must travel in different directions to get that perfect angle.

             But the question is why did I choose Jin? Jin and I are like parallel lines if we meet then things get hostile so we keep our distance nevertheless we go the same direction in hopes of meeting someday.

            I wanted to scream but I didn't have the energy to release any of my anger. I turned back around onto my back and stared at the ceiling.

            For what seemed like forever (which was about two hours), I heard someone come inside the house.

            "Bomi, are you home?" I hear Taehyung call my name. I sat up straight on my bed. He walked into my room followed by the other boys.

 

TAEHYUNG

          I was so worried about Bomi, I couldn't focus in class. So when school was dismissed, I left the others behind and ran all the way home. I never ran so fast before, however, there was this one time this dog chased me all the way home but that’s not the point.

            "Bomi, are you home?" I called out as I walked into the house and slipped off my shoes.

            I walked into Bomi's room and there I saw her sitting on her bed but when I saw her face I was totally shocked.

            I gasped. "Bomi, what happened?"

 

BOMI

          Taehyung gasped when he saw me, he quickly ran over to me and cupped my face in his hands.

            "Bomi, what happened?" He touched one of my bruises on my cheek; I turned my face away from him.

            "I want to be alone, except, I want to talk to Jin," I told him. “Please."

            I felt bad because I said it in such a cold voice but I couldn't help it yet, he got calmly and went out the door.

 

TAEHYUNG

          "Oh okay," I said and got up. I walked out of the room and glared at Jin whose face was clueless to the whole situation.

            “She wants to talk to you,” I said, coldly.

            “Me?” He pointed to himself.

            “Who else?” I pushed passed him and went into my room but then I went back out to see the others huddled around her door.

 

AUTHOR

          Jin walked into the room closing the door behind him.

            While, the other boys huddled around the door and placed an ear against it to listen to their conversation and to what Bomi has to say that is so private that she only wants to tell Jin.

            They never thought her story would be so heartbreaking.

 

JIN

          I was a bit shocked when she wanted to just talk to me. I sat down on the bed next to her.

            "Can you help me put some ointment on please," she handed me a small ointment bottle; I gladly took the bottle from her small fragile hands.

            She showed me a bunch of bruises she had on her back and a few cuts on her legs and a scrape on her face.

            "Who did this to you?" I asked but she stayed silent. I sighed and made her turn around to look at me. "Bomi, you promised to tell me everything.”

            "Dasom," she answered.

            That abhorrent girl did this to you! I thought angrily and clenched my fist.

            As I finished putting on ointment on her, she stopped me from closing the bottle any further. "Wait, I have one more," she started slipping her shirt off her shoulder.

            I held my breath for a moment but to my surprise there was a big bruise on her shoulder and right by it was her scar. As I started to apply the ointment I feel her flinch everything I glided my finger across her skin.

 

AUTHOR

          "So are you going tell me why you’re staying here?" Jin asked as he screwed the top back on the bottle and placed down on the table.

            I guess since I did promise him, I'll just spill now, Bomi thought.

            "The reason I'm here is because my parents kicked me out. So my parents they have totally forgotten my name, every year for my birthday they would give me different name like , , and gay. And so this year they gave me a choice on my name which was Byuntae and Jiralhanae. They have been bugging me all week if I made my decision yet and with that, I just exploded and I yelled at them so they just threw me out of the house," Bomi explained.

             Bomi felt like crying but she just couldn't, she knew that her parents kicking her out was better than waiting until the next time then they just might as well ”kill” her.

            "Your parents are terrible people, my parents abandoned me when I was ten because all they cared about was partying and getting drunk," Jin said, fiddling with his fingers. "But how'd you get your scar?" The question was always in Jin's head.

            Bomi took a deep and shaky breath. "Well, it happened about three years ago," Bomi started.

 

~ Flashback ~

            It was around 9:30 in the evening and Eric came over to spend some time with Bomi since he knew she was always so lonely. It seemed that Bomi's parents were a tad bit drunk and were having a fight about something in the living room but Bomi and Eric just stayed in the room, ignoring whatever was happening between them.

            "So I like this girl and I'm not sure if I should ask her out or not," Eric said as he stared at his phone.

            "Ooh Eric has a crush," Bomi teased even though she disliked the thought of Eric having a girlfriend because that would mean he wouldn't have time for Bomi but she wanted Eric to be happy. "Are you gonna text her?"

            "Yeah, I’m actually texting her right now," he said. “I was going to tell her today but she just left suddenly like she was nervous as well so maybe it’ll be less nerve wrecking on the phone.”

            "Oh, I'll just tell her for you then!" Bomi snatched Eric's phone and started typing in random stuff.

            "No way! Give me my phone right now," He said, trying to take his phone from Bomi but she dodged his moves. "Miss Park Bomi, you give me my phone!"

            "I love it when you say my full name!" Bomi beamed.

            "Oh, you'll love me for sure when I get you!" Eric got up and started walking towards Bomi who was running away from him.

             They chased each other through the house. The moment they stepped into the living room was when everything went horrible.

            When they ran pass Bomi's parents, Bomi's mother lifted her hand up to smack her father but instead she hit the back of the TV which caused it to fall forward and fall onto the floor with a crash.
            "Michinyeon!" Her mother yelled. 

            "How dare you break this TV, do you know how expensive this was?" Her father yelled. "Let me teach you a lesson!"

             He walked into the kitchen and came back out with a small knife in hand. Bomi's eyes widen at the sight of the sharp object and backed away. Eric stood there frozen not knowing what to do. He always knew how cruel Bomi’s parents but never this cruel to bring out sharp objects.

            "Come here, this won't hurt at all just a little scrap on his your arm and it will pay for the damage," her father stepped closer to her. Bomi furiously shook her head as she took steps back, soon her back hit the wall and there was no way out. Her father had the knife pointed at her.

            "Got you," he said, closing in but before he touched her she ducked down and escape from being trapped but since the knife was pointed out at her it scrap her shoulder, it was a pretty deep cut that will turn into a bad scar if not treated quickly or properly. 

            "Why you little-" Her father ran towards Bomi and Bomi only ran into her mother who held her tightly.

            Before Bomi's father can do anything else Eric jumped in front of him and right there, the knife slid its way into Eric's stomach. Bomi screamed and ran to Eric who had fallen down onto the ground, holding onto the handle of the knife.

            "That’s what you kids get by not listening," her mother said and walked away.

            "No, I'm so sorry, this is my entire fault I didn't mean for this to happen,” Bomi cried. Blood began to seep out of his stomach and pool under Eric.

            Bomi immediately grabbed Erics phone and dialed 911. “911? There’s an emergency my cousin has just been stabbed please send an ambulance!”

            "Bomi, calm down please," Eric's breaths were unstable. "I did this for you."

            "Huh?" Bomi held Eric’s hand tightly. Her whole body was shaking in fear; it was like her whole world was shaking on its axle because her whole world was dying beneath her.

            "Bomi... this isn't your fault... I wanted you to live to-to be happy.... I know someday you will find happiness and love."

            "How can I find love? No one likes me, you're the only one I got," Bomi’s tears started to pour down her face.

            "Just be happy without me..." his voice was drifting away further and further.

            "Don't say that! The ambulance will be here soon," Bomi said, stretching up her upper body, trying to see the flashing lights of the ambulance.

            "But Bomi in the state I’m in, I might not make it," Eric said, taking deep breaths.

            "No, you will! Stope trying to make this sound like those crazy soap operas" Bomi yelled. ”You have to-“

            Eric’s eyes started flutter as they began to close shut. "No, keep them open, Eric Nam!"

            "I love it when you say my full name," he whispered as he slipped off into complete darkness

            "No wake up! Wake up, Eric! Wake up!" Bomi cried as she tried to shake him awake but there was no use. She bent down and leaned against Eric’s shoulder and cried, her tears soaking into his shirt not that it was already soaked with blood.

            When the police and the ambulance, arrived her parents made up some excuse that a chaotic, mental man came in and tried to kill them and unfortunately they got to Eric.

~ End of Flashback ~

 

            After explaining this heartbreaking memory, Bomi’s tear flowed out uncontrollably while Jin hugged her tightly; he was completely full of shock to hear how despicable her parents are. On the other side of the door, the boys were in complete shock as well.

            Soon Bomi fell asleep and Jin laid her head down on her pillow and left the room silently. He walked passed the dumbfounded boys and sat down on the couch and stared blankly at the dirty white walls trying to comprehend how much pain Bomi has gone through and how she had such a vile childhood and she was only loved by one person.

            Now it was in Jin’s hands to protect and help her find solace so she can be the happiest girl you could ever know. He stood up, walked into his room and started planning in his head how he could fulfill his mission to fill Bomi’s heart up with love.