Chapter 17

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

            I've been staying with Bangtan for two days now and it’s a little weird to wake up and then you see a bunch of sleepy boys walking around with either a shirt on or off except Jin, he always has his shirt on because he’s the gentleman he is and respects their female guest but I guess, I just have to get used to it until I find my own place.

 

            It's now Monday and I really don't want to go back to school or I just don’t want to see Dasom or Dujoon but more Dasom since Dujoon doesn’t really bother me that much.

            We walked out of the house and made our way to school which was only a twenty minute walk. We walked through the school gates and people started to stare and began to whisper to each other.

 

DASOM

          "She did what!" I screamed my blood started to boil.

            "Uh-huh, she walked right through the school gates with them and Jin had her arm around her too," some girl explained to me. “I heard she’s living with them too.”

            "That’s it! I'm going to get this girl!" I clenched my fists together; my blood was so hot if you touched me, you probably would’ve been burned.

             I then stomped off to go get my girls.

 

BOMI

          The day started off as usual: people trying to trip me, push me in the halls, and knocking my books out of my hands.

            It's now time for lunch and I'm so hungry. Wait NOOO!! I didn't bring any money so I can't buy lunch. I closed my eyes in frustration. I'll just wait till home.

            "Bomi, you ready?" Jin asked me.

            "Yeah," I answered back.

            "You okay?" He asked, concerned filled his voice.

            "Yeah," I said not looking at him, I'm sad and pissed that I won't be eating today when I’m so hungry. 

            Once we got to the cafeteria I told Jin, I'll wait at the table.

            "Wait, you're not going to be eating?" He asked with a worried look.

            "No, I'm not hungry," I said, giving him an assuring smile.

 

JIN

          I didn't believe that girl one bit. Like always. I know she's lying, she didn't eat breakfast this morning and she's always hungry every day for lunch even if she eats slowly, she looks like she hasn't eaten for days.

            So I grabbed a second sandwich for her. Now that I think about it, most students buy the sandwiches more often that they made the sandwiches a lot bigger with more stuff inside.

            "Here," I placed the sandwich in front of her.

            "I said I wasn't hungry you didn't have to," she said, looking intently at the sandwich.

            "Clearly if I could hear your stomach growling throughout the lessons," I laughed.

            "What? Never mind, I'll just wait till home," she said and I froze a bit she just said home, she's only been at our house for two days and she already calls it her home.

            "No, take it I already paid for it so you must eat it," I insisted and she finally gave in and unwrapped the sandwich.

            "Thanks," she said, munching on it happily.

 

            After a few minutes, she got up and excused herself to the bathroom.

            Once she was out of sight I looked to over to the boys."Bomi's birthday is coming up soon, what should we do?" I asked them and they gave me a confused look. I think I said it too fast and they hadn’t had time to process it through their minds.

            "When is her birthday?" Yoongi finally spoke up.

            "The seventeenth," I answered back.

            "Umm, we could just surprise her in the morning with a small cake and breakfast," Hoseok suggested.

            "I like that idea," I took out my phone and wrote Hoseok’s suggestion down in my notepad.

             "That's what we do all the time. It's nothing new," Jimin whispered to Jungkook who patted his shouder.

            "I do too," Taehyung said but the tone in his voice doesn't sound too excited.

            "And you guys don't have to buy her presents, she might feel burdened," I said, sliding the stylus and putting away my phone.

            "Why would you feel burden on your birthday? It’s a day to celebrate you," Jungkook questioned.

            "Did you not see her reject a five dollar sandwich?" I questioned him and he shrugged his shoulders.

            "Bomi’s coming, we'll talk about this later," Jimin said.

 

TAEHYUNG

          I can't believe I didn't know Bomi's birthday was coming up; I love Bomi more than Jin does, I should know this before he does!

            I'll get her a present that makes her so happy, she definitely has to go out with me, well, that is when I have the courage to ask her but still, she will say yes.

 

BOMI

          Finally, it’s time to go home and I’m so tired of doing school work. Thank the Buddha that it’s my final year of high school. 

          We walked out into the chilly air and I shivered. One of these days it will snow and I will freeze to death, I thought. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, I looked up and there was Jin. Being under the protection of his arm makes me feel happy. 

 

 ~ Wednesday, December 17 ~

BOMI

          "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Bomi! Happy birthday to you!" I woke up to the sound of people singing and when I opened my eyes I see Bangtan slowly creeping into the room with a small birthday cake, light with candles.

            "How’d you guys know it was birthday?” I said with a smile and blew out the candles. I rubbed my tired eyes to get a good look at the boys.

            "Well, we are your best friends now so why wouldn't we know," Jimin said giving me a hug. “It’s not going to stay a secret forever.”

            I yawned. "What time is it?" I squinted out the window and it was still dark outside.

            "5:30 AM," Yoongi replied.

            "What? You guys could've woken me up at six since that’s the time I usually wake up," I said, stretching my arms up in the air.

            "We take a long time to get ready,” Namjoon said. “Plus, this hair needs to be perfect!”

            "Okay then, we'll eat this cake later. Let’s open up presents!" Jungkook said, excitedly.

            "Presents too?" I said.

            "Of course, what’s a birthday without presents?" Hosoek flashed a smile at me.

            "Open mine first," Jin handed me a bag and I opened it. 

            I gasped. It was a jacket. My first jacket! I touched the soft fabrics with my hands.

            It was a black and white varsity jacket; Seoul University was stitched in the small patch on the left plate. Seoul University is the most prestigious university in Seoul and is my dream school. 

            "Thank you!" I gave him a tight hug.

            "But our gift is even better!" Hoseok said and handed me another bag. "This is from me, Jungkook, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jimin."

            It was another jacket but it was a bigger jacket. It was dark green winter coat with white fuzzy fabric on the inside. I started to tear up.

            "Aww don't cry, it’s okay," Jin gave me a hug another hug.

            "I'm just so grateful that you guys would think of me this way," I said and wiped my tears.

            "Taehyung, did you get anything for Bomi?" Yoongi asked and we all turned our attention to the younger boy.

            "Oh umm, this is kind of awkward to know that you’re older than me," Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck.

            Ha-ha, I’m older than him, that’s so hilarious!

             "My birthday is on the 30th," he said. "So you're 13 days older."

            "Oh okay," I said, biting my lip to keep myself from laugh out loud.

            "Here's your present," he handed me a box.

            I quickly opened it up and I really started to pour tears.

            "How... How?" That was all the words I could say, my mouth hung open trying to find the right words to say.

            "I got it so we could all keep in touch with each other," I looked up at him and it seems the others were shocked as well.

            I held the smartphone in my hand; it was a black Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I let the sleek phone sink into my palm. How can a phone so big be so light?

            "Here, I'll put in my number in first," he took the phone out of my hands and typed in his number.

 

TAEHYUNG

          You are mine now! I thought as I typed in my number.

            “Here you go,” I handed her back her phone and was still agape.

             I lifted up her chin and closed . “You guys should put your phone numbers in there as well.” Everyone just kept staring as if I committed a crime and didn’t get caught.

            I shrugged my shoulders and smiled widely at Bomi. “I’m glad you like your gift.”

 

AUTHOR

          After they put their numbers in Bomi’s phone, they all left so Bomi can get ready for school. They then all turned and looked at Taehyung with confused looks.     

            "When did you have the time to get her a phone and why didn't you tell us you were getting one for her?" They all asked him at once.

            "Uh well, one, I got it yesterday and two, I paid it with my own money that I've been saving up myself," Taehyung explained.

            "You must really like Bomi," Hoseok said and narrowed his eyes at the younger boy.

            Taehyung slowly nodded his head, Jin walked away after seeing the younger one's action.

            If this is your way of trying to get a girl to like you, you don't need to buy her expensive things. You need to show her, you love and care for her, Jin thought and went into his room to put on his uniform.

 

BOMI

          After dressing into my uniform, I walked into the bathroom and I tried on my jackets; both were super warm and comfy.

            "I see you like the jackets," Jin said as he leaned against the door frame.

            "Yes, I love them so much," I walked over to him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you again, this means so much to me."

            "You're welcome, you mean so much to me," he said.

            "What?" I gave him a confused look.

            "I-I mean what? It's just that-" he stuttered.

            "I'm just joking with you," I punch him lightly on the arm. "Come on, we got school to go to.”

            I took off the green jacket because I’ll be a walking marshmallow if I wore both jackets so it’s best just to wear one.

            We got to school on time and everyone kept staring at me. They would turn to their friends, point, and start to whisper things to each other.

            "She's wearing a jacket."

            "When did she get the money to buy that?"

            "When did she ever have money?"

            "Isn't it her birthday today?"

            Those were the whispers I heard, I was kind of glad when someone questioned if it was my birthday today, I just wonder how they would know. 

            "I'll be back," I told Jin and went into the restroom. I looked into the mirror and my eyes looked a bit puffy from the crying this morning but it’s going to be puffier with my tears right now.

            "Well, well, well isn't it the birthday girl," that annoying voice said.

            I turned around and there was Dasom and her crew right behind her with their arms crossed.

            "What do you want?" I asked through gritted teeth.

            "All I wanted to do is say happy birthday," she said, trying to use her innocent voice.

            "Well, you did so leave me alone," I said coldly.

            "Ouch, are you sure you're not the real bully," she said, putting her hand on her chest. "I haven't even given your birthday present."

            "Present?" I gave her a confused look.

            "Yes," she stepped closer to and I took a step back. She lifted up her foot and rammed her foot into my stomach.

            "Who told you, you can be with my Jin, you don't even have a chance with him! You should've stayed with Sungmin when you had the chance. For a moment, I was actually happy you found someone else!" She kicked me once more as I lay on the floor in pain.

            "Get up!" I slowly used all my strength to push myself back up but she kicked me back down. I landed on my shoulder and I screamed in pain.

            "If only you would listen, this would have never happened. I know you live with those boys, don't think you can hide your secrets from me."

            I hid my face to hide the pain and my tears. "You're poor and ugly, how can girls like you get that many guys to like you! Let’s see how old are you? Eighteen, right? So that means eighteen kicks.”

            “Wow, who knew you can do math,” I painfully laughed and she kicked my again in the stomach. I felt like I was going to throw up all the food I ate.

 

            "Dasom, I think that’s enough," Chanmi said.

            My vision was started to go out of focus and I coughed up some blood.

            "Fine but I'm not done with you, why can't you disappear and stop ruining my life," she said as she walked away; the sounds of her heels clicking with each step.

            I lie on the floor not moving a muscle. Will anyone that cares find me in here? Oh my phone! I slowly slipped it out of my pocket and it landed with a clatter on the tile floor. Who should I call Sungmin, Jin, or Taehyung?

             I tried moving my phone close to my face but my arms was in too much pain so I tried moving my whole body towards it. With each movement I groaned as the pain shot up through my body.

            I finally had my phone by my face and I made my decision who to call. I leaned over my phone and tapped the buttons with my nose.

            "Hello?" he said. I was happy to hear his voice even through the phone.

            "I-I your need help," I said, weakly.

            "Bomi, are you okay? Are you hurt? Where are you?" He asked. I can hear the worry in his voice.

            "I'm in the bathroom, come quick please," I said.

            "I'm on my way just stay put," he said and hung up.

            "It’s not like I'm going anywhere," I give a small weak laugh.

 

UNKNOWN

          I just got a call from Bomi and it seems like she's in danger or in pain but either way she's hurt and needs my help. Class was about to start but I ran off anyway, leaving my friends confused and the teacher.

            “Yah, where are you going? Class is about to start!? Mr. Jeon called out to me and slapped his hand down on the podium.

            I ignored him. I just needed to get to Bomi fast, when I got there I didn't think twice about entering the girls' bathroom. There lay on the cold, hard tile floor ever so still was Bomi.

            "Bomi, are you okay?" I lifted Bomi up so her head lay on my lap. "That was the most stupid question I ever asked of course you're not okay."

            "Sung… Sungmin..." she said, weakly. I can hear the pain in her voice.

            "It's okay, I'm here, let’s go get these wounds clean," I said and her eyes started to flutter close. ”No, please Bomi, stay awake okay, let’s go to the nurse.”

            "I can't stand, it hurts too much," she said and closed her eyes.

            "No, no,” I shook her and she opened her eyes back up. “Get on my back," I said but it was too late and she closed her eyes once again and was unable to open them back up.           

            “Dammit,” I quietly cursed and hauled her up onto my back and ran as quickly as I could to the office.

 

            “Hmm, she has major bruising on her stomach and legs and shoulder, I think she might have to go to the hospital,” Miss Yoon said, tapping her pen against her clipboard. “What happened?”

            “I don’t know,” I answered. “I found her by the… stairs.”

            “Maybe, we’ll figure out when she wakes up but for now, you must take her to the hospital, the students matter first before school,” she said, firmly and picked up the phone receiver.

            “It’s going to be alright, Bomi,” I ran my fingers through her hair. “Why didn’t you call Jin?”

            “Ambulance will be here soon so that should give me enough time to dismiss the both of you,” she said.

            “Okay, thank Miss Yoon,” I bowed down 90 degrees to show how much I appreciate her hard work.

            “Ay, it’s nothing like I said students before school or anything else,” she said and nodded. “I informed your teachers about the situation so you’re good to go.”

            After a while, the paramedics finally arrived with a stretcher and we were off to the hospital.