Chapter 24

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

          Finally, today is the day everyone who is an honors senior student is to meet up at school early with all their bags ready to go for our camping trip.

             Instead of Jin and I walking, we took a cab o school. I refused many times knowing it was going to expensive. Nevertheless, being the gentlemen Jin is, he convinced me to take the cab and he will pay for it.

            When we arrived at school, Jin handed the cab driver the money as we headed out to meet up with the other honor students.

            "Oh look the here!" Someone called out. "Oh yeah, isn't she in a cabin with a bunch of guys!" "She thinks because there aren't any rules she can do whatever she wants!" "What a ."

            "It’s okay, just ignore them Bomi," Jin whispered to me. He pulled me closer to him.

            "What does she think she's doing?" "Doesn't Dasom like Jin?" "Of course, since Dujoon doesn't like Dasom. Jin and Dasom are like meant for each other."

            "She's trying to seduce Jin. Who does she think she is? A e?" "Oh my goodness, she's in a cabin with Jin!"

            "Jin, can we go somewhere else?" I was on the verge of tears. 

            Obviously, if I was in a cabin full of guys, I would be called a , I thought as Jin and I quickly walked to an isolated area.

            When we finally stopped, my tears started to fall one by one. "Hey, hey just try to ignore them," Jin used his hand to lift up my chin for me to look up in his eyes.

            "How can I when they're all talking all at once?" I questioned, I buried myself into his chest but he pulled me back out for me to look at him again.

            "Listen to me, you need to be strong, don't show them you're weak," he then pecked my lips which made me smile a little. "But if you can't do that just tell them to shut the hell up."

            I rolled my eyes and laugh. I love it when he does that, he says something really inspiring then makes a stupid plan B if the first one doesn’t work.

            "Does Dasom even know we are a thing?" He questioned as he fixed my messed up bangs.

            "No, why?" I raised an eyebrow.

            "Interesting… No reason, it's because all those girls are saying that me and Dasom are perfect for each other and that you're trying to seduce me," he replied mimicking their high pitched voices which made me guffaw.

            "You're not thinking of any of your strange ideas are you?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

            "No, of course not," He voice drifted away. I soon grew even more suspicious.

            "Bomi!" I see Sungmin walking our way with his backpack and Jungwoo.

            "Hi Sungmin!" I waved my hand at him with a smile.

            "So I heard I'm in your cabin," Sungmin smiled.

            "Same here," Jungwoo added.

            "Yeah, I had no else really to choose,” I explained.

            “Eh, I don’t mind at all,” Jungwoo shrugged his shoulders.

            "See I wasn't planning to go to this camp thing since if you don't go, you don't have to go to school! But since I learned that I was chosen to be a cabin with you, I decided to tag along," Sungmin said with a smile. "But you guys aren't going to do weird lovey-dovey stuff in the cabin right? Because I will jump out the window if you do and hopefully there is a window in the cabin."

            "Oh don’t worry, you’ll be fine,” I assured him. “We aren’t that type of couple.”

            "Okay then," He said still unsure of my answer.

            "Okay seniors, gather over here please!" Mrs. Chan called out.

            Mrs. Chan did attendance with our class as well as the other teachers also did their own classes. "This will be a two hour drive so let’s hurry and board the bus. When we get there, I will give further instructions. Oh and sit around your cabin buddies!"

            Jin chose a seat on the left side of the charter bus and so he sat by the window. While, Sungmin sat behind us with Jungwoo.

            "Let’s take a picture Bomi!" Jin suggested, already taking out his phone and tapping the camera application.

            "This will be our first picture together so why not," I said.

            He focused the camera on the both of us; I put up a peace sign with my fingers and curved up my lips. Snap! He then squished his face against my cheek and snapped a photo; he took a couple more of us acting cute together.

            "Let’s take one with my phone!" I took out phone as well and Jin held it up with his long thin arms.

            “Bomi, look over here!” He called my name and I looked over at him and to my surprise his lips were on mine. Snap! We both set our favorite pictures of each other as our wallpapers.

            "Here," Jin handed me one side of his earbud and instead of me putting it in my ear myself, he leaned over and placed it in my ear for me. I blushed at his cute actions and placed my head on Jin's shoulder listening to the peaceful music and slowly drifted to sleep.

 

            "Bomi, wake up we're here," Jin cooed in my ear and I slowly fluttered my eyes open. 

            The bus came to a complete stop and everyone cheered that we finally made it to our destination but as for me, I was too groggy to even make a sound.

            "Grab all your stuff and let’s head out!" Mrs. Chan ordered exiting out of the bus.

            After we all got ou,t we grouped together to hear more instructions from Mrs. Chan. "So your cabins are listed over there on that board thing and then just do whatever you want. Afterwards at noon, meet at the lodge over there for lunch and we will then have some games and activities for you guys to do and yes you all have to participate," Mrs. Chan instructed. Most people groaned and whined at the sound of having to mandatory activites.

             "Finally at six o'clock, meet back at the lodge for dinner. After dinner, there will be a bonfire and you can do whatever you want."

            "Will we see you a lot?" Some nerdy kid asked.

            "Only at break, lunch, dinner, and the activities," she answered. "Kay, now go do whatever." She waved her hand dismissing us.

            Sometimes, I really love Mrs. Chan she can be really nice, cool, and scary but she really has the personality of a careless teenager that knows how to get things done to be done and get over with.

            Jin, Sungmin, Jungwoo and I slowly made our way to the board to see what our cabin number is, while everyone else raced to the board. We waited a fews before everyone started to disperse to their own housings.

            "We are cabin three," Jungwoo informed us. "That way!” He stuck his fist in the air and zoomed off like superman.

            When we arrived at our cabin, we stepped inside and were amazed how big and nice it was. It isn’t an old shabby cabin; it’s more modernized with painted walls and the cleanliness to it. There were two beds by each wall so four beds total, the bathroom was clean with tile floors and two sinks.

            "I pick this bed!" I jumped on the bed in the far corner on the right side.

            "Let’s push the beds together," Jin suggested. I jumped back up and helped push the two beds together.

            "We're only going to be here for today and then tomorrow do you guys really need to sleep together?" Jungwoo questioned us.

            "When you get a girlfriend, you'll understand," Jin put his hand on Jungwoo's shoulder; Jungwoo shrugged his hand off his shoulder.

            "As if I'll ever get a girl," Jungwoo returned to his bed.

            During the whole four hours, we did make some conversation to one another but it soon dispersed and we were all staring at our phones.

            "Oh, its twelve o'clock you guys, let’s go eat I'm starving!" I said, getting up from the bed.

            We headed over to the lodge where the cafeteria is located. Jin and I were walking, hand in hand, as we entered the delicious smelling room. They were serving Green Onion pancakes, rice, and kimchi with a choice of water, banana milk, chocolate milk, or fruit punch. I picked up my tray and grabbed a chocolate milk carton but then it was all taken away by Jin.

            "No, you already have your tray to worry about," I said, trying to reach for my tray but Jin was one, taller than me by like at least 12.7 centimeters and two, we were already at our reserved table.

            "Don't worry, I got this," he said and sat down gently placing down both trays. "I once too worked at restaurant."

            Later, Jungwoo and Sungmin came over and sat down as well. "Cool ,we have a special table sign thingy," Jungwoo flicked the small paper that was attached to the a metal stick that read: Cabin 3 - Park Bomi, Kim Seokjin, Choi Sungmin, Kim Jungwoo.

            "Ahhh," Jin held a piece of pancake in front of my mouth and I happily ate it.

            "I thought you said you wouldn't do this kind of stuff," Sungmin said, scrunching up his face in disgust.

            "Don't blame me, blame him," I pointed to Jin with a shrug off my shoulders.

            "Like I said you'll understand when you get a girlfriend," Jin pointed out once more.

            Sungmin rolled his eyes. “Whatever.”

 

            After lunch, we stepped outside in the open; I squinted and shielded my eyes from the bright sunlight. We headed over to the big grass field where Mrs. Chan was standing in the middle of waiting for us to arrive.

            “Well, hurry up now or no one is getting dinner tonight!” She called out to us with a big wave of her arm. We all began to run towards her like a herd of cattle.

            “Mrs. Chan, I’m in heels!” Minah waddled around the grass field trying to keep her balance.

            "Does it look like I care, Oh Minah? Okay then. So to start things off, we will have nice but intense game of soccer, alrighty?" She informed us. "So let’s see Bomi and Dasom are going to be our team captains!"

            I was a bit shocked since I’m never picked first or at least for team captain for anything, not even for mathletes!

            "Bomi picks first," Mrs. Chan said and stepped aside.

            "Jin," I immediately said and I hear Dasom curse quietly.

            "Dujoon," Dasom flipped her hair to the side and side-eyed me.

            "Sungmin."

            "Kyung."

            "Jungwoo."

            “Aiden.”

            And so on we went picking our team. I picked two other guys from Speed as well as Jimin and Taehyung while Dasom chose her crew and Dujoon's crew.

            My team huddled together and started planning how we will defeat Dasom’s team. "Uh… to be honest, I'm not really good at soccer. I only played a few times," I scratched the back of my head and smiled, awkwardly. "But I will try my best to be in front playing."

            "Are you sure, Bomi?" Sungmin asked. "It's get really intense out there. When you have the ball, it’s all on you."

            "Of course," I assured him and clapped his shoulder. "Without a doubt Dasom will be in the fron since she doesn't want to be seen being behind people."

            "Bomi, Sungmin, Taehyung and I will be up at the front playing," Jin added to the plan.

            "I'll be goalie then," Jimin said and stretched his body out and boy, can that boy stretch. 

            "So the rest of us will be defense then," Jiseok said and we all nodded. 

            "After planning out, please play rock, paper, and scissor to see who gets the ball first and then enjoy your game!" Mrs. Chan yelled out then went over and sat down on a bench next to a man.

            "Team Captains will decide who plays the ball first!" Dujoon yelled out.

            "Hi, Miss Park Loser," Dasom greeted and stuck out her fist in between us. I glared at her but she just smiled.

            "Rock, paper, scissors!" We both played. I chose rock while she chose scissors.

            "Ha!" I yelled out. "We get to play first!"

            Once we all got in our positions, I kicked the ball towards Jin who started dribbling it towards the other side. He then passed it to Sungmin but quickly lost it to Dujoon who charged to our side. He pushed Taehyung, with his hand, out of the way causing him to land hard on his back.

            "Yah, that's illegal!" Jiseok yelled out and pushed Dujoon who pushed back.

            “He was in my way!” Dujoon protested and folded his arms.

            “That’s how you play, stupid,” Sungmin rolling his eyes. “But not with your hands.”

            “So what? I play in the district soccer team,” Dujoon said in defense.

            “Ha, more like your backyard soccer team,” Jungwoo joked which caused the other boys to laugh.

            “Come on enough, we have to go see if Taehyung is okay,” I said, pushing past the boys. 

            I knelt down onto the ground next to him. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

            "Yeah, I'm fine," He sat up and winced to the pain.

            "I’m sorry but you can't play anymore," I said, helping him up.

            "No, I'm fine I can't let this team down," he replied, slowly climbing up onto his feet.

            "You can play when you feel better," Jin added and grabbed a hold of Taehyung’s arm.

            "Fine," he said and sat on the bench Mrs. Chan was on.

            "Jiseok, you're going to be offense but make sure you be defense as well when the ball gets near the goal," I directed him.

            "Yes, ma'am!" He saluted me and headed to the middle of the field.

            "You want to play this way then let's play," I muttered to myself.

            The ball was kicked and I ran for it. Dasom was also running for it but I was a minute or two faster because, come on, who runs in flats? Oh yeah, Miss Perfection over there does.

            I dribbled the ball towards the goal; dodging everyone on the other team's attack. I passed over the ball to Jin who shot it right in the goal. We cheered in excitement, jumping up and down.

 

AUTHOR

          "Minah, what are you doing?!" Dasom yelled and stomped her feet down in anger.

            "I don't know how to be goalie, Dasom! I hate sports!" Minah whined. "And remember I'm wearing my heels!"

            "Oh please!" Dasom ruffed up her hair but then quickly fixed it. 

            Why wear heels when we were obviously told we were doing an activity? Dasom thought and shook her head.

 

            "Okay kids, last game and then you can do whatever you want. Just remember at eight o'clock, we are having our campfire!" Mrs. Chan called out after tapping the screen on her phone and talking to the man beside her for about an hour.

            Bomi and Dasom’s team were neck and neck, fifteen to sixteen; it’s the most intense game out of everyone else who was playing soccer. It’s so intense that everyone stopped what they were doing and gathered around the sidelines to watch.

            Sungmin had the ball in between his feet; he stared intensely over at where the ball’s final destination should go. The ball was kicked and they were off, the ball was everywhere it barely reached any of the goals. Jin had the ball in his possession when Aiden came running towards him. Jin quickly bicycle kicked the ball which went up and around their heads. Jin did a side step behind Aiden and kicked the ball towards the opponents goals. Kyung swiftly kicked the ball out the goal area. The ballthen  bounced off Aiden’s head and landed right in the middle of the field.

             Dasom and Bomi made eye contacted and sprinted for it like hungry savages.

 

BOMI

          I ran as fast as my legs could carry but it seem like Dasom learned how to run faster in her flats. She stuck out her right arm and pushed me out of the way. We both fell but the force from her push was too much that I landed on my back. It felt like all the air was pushed right out of my lungs like a deflating balloon.

            I fell into a deep abyss of darkness.

 

AUTHOR

       Everyone gasped at the unconscious player. Despite treating her like trash and beating her to pulp, they were shocked to her to see her knocked out like that.

            "Ha, stupid girl," Dasom laughed and clung onto her side.

            "Bomi!" Jin came running over to Bomi's side.

            "Ow, Jin help me. My ankle hurts, Bomi tripped me!" Dasom whined and gripped her ankle but Jin just glared at her. Jin scooped up Bomi bridal style and carried her to Mrs. Chan.

            "Jin!" Dasom screamed but Jin kept walking. "Dujoon…" But Dujoon just stepped over Dasom legs and proceeded to walk away.

 

UNKNOWN

          It felt weird seeing Bomi so happy today, her smile looked so sweet and…

             What are you doing you don't like poor, weak, and ugly girls! You like girls like Dasom or Minah or Insoo or at least hot girls! Why is my heart acting this way? I thought as I walked back to my cabin.

 

AUTHOR

          "It's going to be okay, Bomi," Jin said, even though, he knows Bomi couldn't hear him. On arrival, Jin bowed his head down as a greeting.

            "Oh my goodness, what happened?" Mrs. Chan asked, completely dumbfounded to see her favorite student senseless in Jin’s arms.

            "She was struck by an arm and went unconscious after landing on her back," Jin explained.

            “I knew someone would get hurt but I didn't expect it to be Bomi," Mrs. Chan shook her head. "Honey, we have another one."

            The man who sat – mysteriously and quietly – next to Mrs. Chan stood up from the bench and took a grand look at Bomi laying immobile in Jin’s grasp.

            "I've seen this many times when I go to high school soccer matches. She's unconscious from shock and the fact that she probably felt like all the air was pushed out of her lungs so she couldn't breathe properly. So I recommend you take her to her cabin, let her rest, and then when she wakes up in, oh, maybe an hour give her these pills because when she wakes up her back will feel sore," he explained.

            He handed Jin a small paper cup with a couple pills in it but Jin's hands were full so he held the cup in between his teeth. Regardless of having his hands full, Jin bowed his head once more and took long strides back to their cabin.

            "Wow! Man, you're too good at this," Mrs. Chan hit her husband on the chest and he chuckled.

            "I work at a hospital for a reason, Minjung," he said and wrapped his arm around his wife’s shoulders.

            "Psh… More like a clinic," she rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

            "Same thing, it's in a hospital, okay! Plus, I work more than the hospital doctors, people always come in with minor injuries," he explained.

            "Whatever you say, Steven," she slipped under his arm and walked away from the bench.

 

            "Hey Jin, let me get that," Sungmin took the cup from Ji's mouth and pushed open the cabin door.

            "Thanks," Jin said, setting Bomi carefully onto the bed.

            "So what did the doctor say?" Sungmin asked, setting the pills on the window sill above Bomi's bed.

            "Well, he said a lot of things but the parts I caught was she will wake up in an hour and that she will feel pain so give her those pills," Jin answered.

 

BOMI

          I woke up with a strange pain in my back; it was a very sharp pain that ran up my spine at the slightest move. 

            Oh yeah, I remember I got knocked out by Dasom.  I looked around and there was Jin sitting at the edge, tapping away at his phone.

            "Oh hey, you're awake," Jin said with a smile. "Doctor says to take these for your back pain."

            I inhaled sharply as I sat up; Jin put an arm around my waist and pulled me up into a sitting position.

            "Thanks," I said, taking the pills from the cup and handed me a water bottle. 

            "Feel better?" Jin asked after I took the pills. I nodded my head. "Good, we have four hours until the campfire. Everyone is hanging outside, do you want to go?"

            I nodded my head and swung my legs over the bed. Jin lent out a helping hand and I gladly took it.

            We headed outside and everyone was hanging out with their own little cliques. We scanned the area for our little group which was made up of Taehyung, Jimin, Jiseok, Jungwoo, Sungmin, and Yoohwan.

            When we finally spotted them sitting on the grass field, we quickly walked towards them and sat down.

            "Oh hey, are you okay, Bomi?" Sungmin asked.

            "Yeah I'm fine now," I answered. “Thanks for your concern.”

            "Ay, that’s what friends are for they worry and care for each other,” Jiseok said, wrapping his arm around Yoohwan which then turned into a chokehold.

            "Oh, guess what Bomi? That man that’s sitting next to Mrs. Chan is her husband and he’s also the doctor that helped you and me," Taehyung explained.

            "Really, wow they look really good together," I said nodding and looking at them from across the field.

            "I bet that’s going to be you two when you get married," Jungwoo pointed out to me and everyone nodded in agreement.

            "Ha really?" I blush at his comment as I rubbed my nape.

 

            We talked for some time, when the sun began to set behind the tall trees meaning it was almost time for the campfire.

            "Hey Bomi, let’s go somewhere," Jin said and grabbed my hand as I climbed up onto my feet.

            "Where are you going?" Jimin asked.

            "They need some alone time Jimin, if you know what I mean," Jiseok said, making kissing noises which got everyone laughing. I walked over to him and smacked him on the head.

            "Remember when the day of your competition and we went to go eat BBQ?" I asked giving him a you-better-watch-what-you’re-saying look.

            He gasped. "Just go!" he waved his hand and gently pushing me away.

            "So where are you taking me?" I asked Jin as we walked with our hands intertwined.

            "I don't know. I thought we could go on for a walk, just the two of us," he answered. We walked to an area where there weren’t much people around but it was still crowded with people here and there. I had a strange feeling of someone watching us but I just shrugged it off.

            We stopped midstride Jin squeezed my hand. I looked up at him and he gave me a warm smile. "Finally, we could just be alone."

            "There are still people around us, stupid," I said and pushing his head back.

            "I know but they don't care," he leaned down and put his forehead on mine. "And I don't care." He cocked his head to the side and placed his soft lips onto mine.

            A high-pitched was heard just seconds after our lips met but I shrugged it off once more.

 

DASOM

          I watched as Jin and Bomi walked to somewhere alone hand-in-hand. They were talking about something; I couldn't hear them, when suddenly Jin put his forehead on Bomi's which made me gasp.

            "No, this can't be. Don't you two dare do it!" But before you know it Jin turned his head and kissed Bomi. I screamed. "They're dating!"

            "Who?" Minah asked me. 

            "Bomi and Jin," I said through gritted teeth. I wasn't necessary depressed by this turn of events, I’m more angry.

            Minah gasped and clasped my arms. "Shall I spread it?"

            "Do you really need ask? Tell the others girls too," I ordered and smiled.

 

UNKNOWN

          Oh, so she's dating that Jin guy. I snickered as I witnessed them kiss but why'd my chest have a weird sharp pain when I saw this happening.

            She looks so precious when she smiles and looks so happy but I think it would look even better if I made her smile and made her happy. She will be mine.

===============================

Dun dun duuunnn!! Hoping y'alls enjoying so far! Please don't forget to subscribe and upvote this story! Thank you and love ya!